Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

does the update file for ps4 need to be DLed and installed before starting

what does it do its like 3 gb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Just started downloading it now. Im only half way through The Witcher 3 so will not get round to this for a while yet but looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

biggebruv wrote: »
    does the update file for ps4 need to be DLed and installed before starting

what does it do its like 3 gb

Plus the DLC which is 1GB each

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

tok9 wrote: »
    Plus the DLC which is 1GB each

PS4 servers are bull****, 11 hours to download the patch and bonus bits!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,498 ✭✭✭✭Varik

SMC92Ian wrote: »

Put the PS4 into rest mode, when it's not being used it'll be downloaded 10 faster.

• Advertisement

I only have the Scarecrow dlc left to download. Any idea's how early in the game it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Varik wrote: »
    Put the PS4 into rest mode, when it's not being used it'll be downloaded 10 faster.

I find that very hard to believe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

tok9 wrote: »
    I only have the Scarecrow dlc left to download. Any idea's how early in the game it is?

I've Harley and the patch left... my pc can download 200gb in 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

tok9 wrote:

I think they're just challenge maps, not connected to story mode

In that case.. time to start!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Just started downloading on PS4 judging by my calculations it will take me about 27 hours to download in rest mode... Anyone know can you start playing while it reaches a certain download point? And if so what download point would it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Just started downloading on PS4 judging by my calculations it will take me about 27 hours to download in rest mode... Anyone know can you start playing while it reaches a certain download point? And if so what download point would it be?
    I'd imagine it's 16gb, when I preloaded the initial download was 16gb for the game itself and the rest downloaded in the background.

CSSE09 wrote: »
    I'd imagine it's 16gb, when I preloaded the initial download was 16gb for the game itself and the rest downloaded in the background.

My download just showed as 45GB from the start :(

So far so good guys. Nice to see a lot of the advertising has been in the very early parts of the game.

Bat mobile has been fun so far. It's doesn't exactly feel like you are completely in control of it, maybe I just need to get used to it. But it really feels like a part of a game. What I mean by that is the tank battles, strafing around shooting and riddler races. Get an arcadey feel off them while the rest of the game is it's usual serious self.

for the ps4patch that goes real slow DLing if you have a fast connection on ps4 keep pause and unpauseing a few times it worked for me

i done it a few times and it picks up a really fast speed one time when i unpaused it started DLing really fast was done in like 10mins after taking 90mins to get 1gb the rest was done in like 10mins after doing what i did lol

the graphics are excellent

the batmobile is a fun add on to the universe
    the riddler racetrack almost had a trials feeling of ugh just one more shot lol the leaderboards are a nice touch

love having a whole new batman game to explore in gonna be a busy week ahead haha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭cena

what is the price for pc game. No ps4 to play this game:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

SMC92Ian wrote: »

The servers are weird. I usually get a fresh connection on router, restart PS4, then pause the DL when it's going slow and what initially says 5 hours, takes 10 mins.

It intially told me that the whole game would take 36 hours to DL. Paused and restarted, and it said 58 mins for the 16 GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Everything downloaded and ready to go. Also Phlegmy Moses is the best username i have seen in quite some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Polly Sonic

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Everything downloaded and ready to go. Also Phlegmy Moses is the best username i have seen in quite some time.

I'm assuming it's a pun on Remi Moses??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

It is. It was a toss up between that and PhlegmdogMillionaire. I had a chest infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,011 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Amazon only dispatched mine last night so no chance I was getting it today

Any way to change the camera , can't see anything in options. Hate the off center / over shoulder view, it's also much tighter on the character than in previous games no :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Any having slow downloads on ps4 should change dns settings to 8.8.8.8 on primary and 8.8.4.4 on secondary. Was coming in at least 2-3 mbs per second. A lot slower than my actual connection on the pc but a hell of a lot better than what it was.

Was delighted with the opening, what a way to start the game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

cena wrote: »
    what is the price for pc game. No ps4 to play this game:(

The bad new is the PC version is so bad it's almost unplayable.
    The good news is because of that game re-sellers like Kinguin are left with loads of copies people don't want and are selling the premium edition for under €30.

http://www.kinguin.net/product/137300/batman-arkham-knight-premium-edition-1434111526-1560175-t/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Anyone know how to catch Man-Bat? im trying to glide near him but theirs no prompt stuck on it a while now.

Okay played a decent bit tonight.

Just to add again that the early missions are all ones we've seen previously so I'm pretty happy with that as I've enjoyed them and can expect some more surprises later on.

Also without spoiling anything, the game kicks off pretty well and already has some pretty cool story moments.

Last thing, finished the Harley Quinn DLC and you're missing out on nothing. There is no story at all to it really and it's basically just going through a few rooms.

Looking forward to getting back into it again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Any way to change the camera , can't see anything in options. Hate the off center / over shoulder view, it's also much tighter on the character than in previous games no :confused:
    I'd like to know this too
    also can I changs the brake on batmobile from X to LT
    just can't get used to it and it makes no sense that it's not LT with RT being accelerate

The presentation is simply stunning

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    The bad new is the PC version is so bad it's almost unplayable.
    The good news is because of that game re-sellers like Kinguin are left with loads of copies people don't want and are selling the premium edition for under €30.

http://www.kinguin.net/product/137300/batman-arkham-knight-premium-edition-1434111526-1560175-t/

Think it has something to do with the type of graphics card you have... Mate of mine has Nvidea graphics card and seems to be working 100% for him... Although I do know a few other people complaining about it too, some people seem to have it working some don't... I guess alot of people will be requesting a Steam Refund on the PC version if they purchased from the store until it is all fixed I suppose...

Advertisement