Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chaning the recipient of carer's allowance

Options
  • 06-02-2014 7:14pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Asking this on behalf of another and as i could not find the info on Citz. Info, Welfare, etc. so i thought i'd ask here.

She is a woman in her late 50's. Her daughter is her care giver, and has been for a few years. Her daughter arrives every day and does what she does. However she is moving to a new house shortly, is taking up a part time job, and as such makes it almost impossible for her to continue on as a full time care giver.

This lady's husband is still alive, living together, and in his early 60s. He is on Jobseekers. The question she asked me, which i cannot answer, was can he be changed to the care giver? Any information on:
    1. Can it be done
    2. How
    3. Is it classed as a new claim or simple transfer
    4. etc.

Thanks in advance.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

Advertisement