Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a solicitor for speedy house purchase?

Options
  • 06-02-2014 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Anyone recommend a good solicitor in Dublin who will help push through a house purchase quickly?

I have heard lots of stories of people having difficulty with their own solicitor regarding communication or trying to get things moving and I want to avoid that as much as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Don't forget that the other side may have a slow solicitor and, while it helps for you to have an efficient and dilligent solicitor yourself, he/she may be frustrated by the other side. This may be due to an incompetent solicitor, bank/mortgage issues, vendors being caught in a chain, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BookBook

sarkozy wrote: »
    Don't forget that the other side may have a slow solicitor and, while it helps for you to have an efficient and dilligent solicitor yourself, he/she may be frustrated by the other side. This may be due to an incompetent solicitor, bank/mortgage issues, vendors being caught in a chain, etc.

Thanks sarkozy, good points there and they are all many reasons why I don't want my side slowing things down any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Someday

It takes at least 6 weeks I believe, maybe longer depending on a number of factors!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Our solicitor has been an absolute champ and has really pushed for ours to go through. The bank have slowed it up considerably but she has kept on top of them and has kept us in the loop the whole way about what was happening. I can pm you her info if you want. I'd definitely recommend her.

Our solicitor has been an absolute champ and has really pushed for ours to go through. The bank have slowed it up considerably but she has kept on top of them and has kept us in the loop the whole way about what was happening. I can pm you her info if you want. I'd definitely recommend her.

Please do. I would really appreciate it. Also send me cost details if you can but don't worry if you don't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

We just closed, and our solicitor (recommended by killers1 here) was great in getting us through the finish line when the other side was stalling. I'll PM you her details.

mhge wrote: »
    We just closed, and our solicitor (recommended by killers1 here) was great in getting us through the finish line when the other side was stalling. I'll PM you her details.

Thank you mhge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 R_a_u_l

Would appreciate a PM with the recommended solicitor too mhge!

Many Thanks in advance

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

mhge wrote: »

If you wouldn't mind sending a pm with their details that would be great, only have two prices one €1250 and the other is €1000 both ex vat :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

PMs sent to everyone who asked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

isn't the 1,000.00 to 1,250.00 just the professional fee and its extra for the searches transfer of deed/title etc?

I was told to expect to pay 2-2500k by my bank :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Borderfox wrote: »
    If you wouldn't mind sending a pm with their details that would be great, only have two prices one €1250 and the other is €1000 both ex vat :(

You're unlikely to get it much cheaper than 1,000

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Zadkiel wrote: »
    isn't the 1,000.00 to 1,250.00 just the professional fee and its extra for the searches transfer of deed/title etc?

Should only be another 3-400 in drawer opening fees on top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Borderfox wrote: »
    Should only be another 3-400 in drawer opening fees on top of that.
    Land Registry fees will add substantially, I would say Zadkiel is spot on with the 2-2.5k ballpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

MouseTail wrote: »
    Land Registry fees will add substantially, I would say Zadkiel is spot on with the 2-2.5k ballpark.
    Agreed.
    Land registry fee €600-€800, depending on house price
    Register mortgage €175
    Searches €140
    Commisioner of Oaths, folio, etc €55

Easily adds a grand on top of the professional fee + vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,086 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I bought in 2005, paying 900 + VAT + outlays to a D4 solicitor.

Based on a recent (cash) purchase that I am aware of, the same sol is charging a very similar fee.

Maybe the fee is less as there isn't a mortgage...........

I'm surprised it hasn't gone up in 8 years, very surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Zadkiel wrote: »

I bought about 4 years ago. Unsure of exact amount but it was less than 2k, think it was no more 1.8k but when shopping around for quotes I did receive a couple quotes over 2k but mostly were less than 2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

I bought about 4 years ago.
    The land registry fees have risen massively since then, they are 50 - 70% more now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭missmyler

I got a quote today for professional fee of €995 (including 23% vat) from a solicitor in Dublin. Does not include outlays

Has anyone managed to get a quote less than this?

I am also looking to purchase a couple of properties and was wondering if anyone does bulk deals :D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 rmckeown

please pm me any solicitors you have used, thanks :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 colinmac

Would also appreciate a PM of solicitor details - thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭forestgray

colinmac wrote: »
    Would also appreciate a PM of solicitor details - thanks :)

So would I. Can someone pm the details of a prompt solicitor.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 delzer123

Could you please share details with me also. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 delzer123

could you please share details with me also thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

If anyone can PM recommendations for a Solicitor to use, it would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

Be great if I could get a PM too. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Could you PM me please?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Can I get a PM as well please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

missmyler wrote: »
    I got a quote today for professional fee of €995 (including 23% vat) from a solicitor in Dublin. Does not include outlays

Has anyone managed to get a quote less than this?

I am also looking to purchase a couple of properties and was wondering if anyone does bulk deals :D

Please don't go on the basis of cost alone. I made that mistake with my first purchase, and regretted it. It was a straightforward purchase - a 10 year old apartment - and he managed to mess up which I only discovered a few years later when I went to refinance. Had to fork out for another solicitor to sort out. Thankfully it got sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

I've am unreal solicitor down in tipp he got the sale done within two weeks of house I was selling and 4 weeks when buying! 1800 for everything!

Advertisement