Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentines present for other half?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

underwear ........................ win/win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

ah annual gouge men or make them feel guilty day.

iDave wrote: »

rapid, love it when men forget these dates... means weeks of lick-as'sing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

If she isn't the typical girl then may be she isn't into the Valentines malarky.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

A watch then, everyone should have at least 2/3 for different occasions.
    ICE watches are cute on girls. Kinda funky so i'd say she would like them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

I don't think people should fall into the whole hype of valentine's day but I do think telling that special someone that you are glad they are still part of your life is cool. Small bunch of flowers and box of chocolates.
    But I have booked the day off without telling her and will be cleaning the place top to bottom, fire lit when she comes home and a meal ready.
    Think she would appreciate that.

carraig2 wrote: »
    I don't think people should fall into the whole hype of valentine's day but I do think telling that special someone that you are glad they are still part of your life is cool. Small bunch of flowers and box of chocolates.
    But I have booked the day off without telling her and will be cleaning the place top to bottom, fire lit when she comes home and a meal ready.
    Think she would appreciate that.

My OH works shift and at least once a week I come home to this, its a great idea and she will defo appreciate it!,
    Hes even started changing the sheets on the beds so I dont have to, forgets the pillowcases though (ahhhh)

worth more than any gift you could pay for...

Sadderday wrote: »
    My OH works shift and at least once a week I come home to this, its a great idea and she will defo appreciate it!,
    Hes even started changing the sheets on the beds so I dont have to, forgets the pillowcases though (ahhhh)

worth more than any gift you could pay for...

Change the sheets, another idea

carraig2 wrote: »
    Change the sheets, another idea

..... ya know yerself.... fresh !!

you could run a bath n have a few tea lights around ! ..... bottle of radox, bobs yer uncle

• Advertisement

Sadderday wrote: »
    you could run a bath n have a few tea lights around ! ..... bottle of radox, bobs yer uncle

Oops I read the word boobs in that sentence

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

iDave wrote: »

Japyers that's harsh, my OH decided this year he was going to make an effort to be a better partner (dunno why) so tonight he surprised me with a super gift even after I'd said no to going out, doing gifts etc etc.

Now that's turned into "lets have a gorgeous night out Sat" and I've to get him something, I don't want to not reciprocate.

So far on my list are:

Stuff his doctor advised him to get today to help him get healthier
    Refills for his ecigs
    Getting his 60 odd unironed shirts ironed by an ironing service
    A portable fireplace (he suffers from the cold and loves these)
    Underwear
    Chocolates (he is a chocolate addict)
    Flowers (more for me than him, to brighten up the house)
    A trip out for a coffee together
    Dinner at home from our favourite Italian

I'm just back from a three week long business trip so clothes are out as I brought some back as his present for that :)

He did it on the hoof last year and I had nothing to give and felt bad, so going to spoil him this year. I'm not big into my birthday, and Christmas is taken over with his kids, so he likes using Valentines as an excuse to be affectionate.

We've never done the flowers things though!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,066 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I got away lightly so, with a bottle of 15w40.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

beertons wrote: »
    I got away lightly so, with a bottle of 15w40.

He did that for Christmas as part of a larger gift, and he once bought me a drill as an anniversary present :)

He minds our cars so it's up to him to make sure oil/water etc are up to date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Best Valentines day present is to not buy into the sheep mentality of it.

I see people on Facebook posting "Happy Valentine's Day to one and all!", as if it's like Christmas or their birthday. Absolute boll*x... Go way and sh*te...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Johnny31

agree.. hallmark and florists making a fortune from us poor suckers

Advertisement