Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentines present for other half?

Options
  • 06-02-2014 8:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭

C'mon lads, needs some ideas.

I know she's planning something big for mine, and I havent a scooby what to get her.

She's not a typical girl so the usual jewellery, flowers, chocolates etc won't cut it- she'd be happier with a video game/action figure or something quirky.

So let's share ideas!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

a strippergram

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

I know she's planning something big for mine, and I havent a scooby what to get her.

She's not a typical girl so the usual jewellery, flowers, chocolates etc won't cut it- she'd be happier with a video game/action figure or something quirky.

So let's share ideas!

Flowers always cut it... not as the present but as part of a delivery method.
    Think of what she likes, we don't know what that is, and get that ;-) simple...
    oh god no.
    What sort of something quirky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

So let's share ideas!

She is your girlfriend dude, if you dont know what to get her how can a bunch of strangers on the internet, particularly if she isnt into the "usual" stuff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Garth Brooks tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

kiffer wrote: »
    Think of what she likes, we don't know what that is, and get that ;-) simple...
    oh god no.
    What sort of something quirky?

Some random stuff from the gadget shop I guess.

Her thing is video games, but she has every game and console under the sun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

kiffer wrote: »

In the back of a Nigerian's taxi ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Some random stuff from the gadget shop I guess.

I highly doubt she has everything- there must be some console or game she can't find. Make a list of the consoles she does have, or engineer a conversation and find out if there's a game or something that she played as a kid that you can get her. Have you been in to RAGE in Dublin city centre? They have an amazing selection of retro games & consoles. You could go in and get a recommendation from them either.

I highly doubt she has everything- there must be some console or game she can't find. Make a list of the consoles she does have, or engineer a conversation and find out if there's a game or something that she played as a kid that you can get her. Have you been in to RAGE in Dublin city centre? They have an amazing selection of retro games & consoles. You could go in and get a recommendation from them either.

That's a good idea actully, I know RAGE very well so I'll pop in and have a butcher's.

Cheers!

That's a good idea actully, I know RAGE very well so I'll pop in and have a butcher's.

Cheers!

Trust me, as a gamer id be so delighted if my gf was able to get me some of the games I played as a kid. Especially since I can't remember half the names! If you get it right we're talking MAJOR brownie points. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

You should marry her..for this reason alone :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

How about a new TV? For said console.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Bring her away for a night to a nice hotel for some r and r?

Slattsy wrote: »
    How about a new TV? For said console.

Actually, on similar lines has she got one if the gaming chairs, with the speakers built in etc?

Actually, on similar lines has she got one if the gaming chairs, with the speakers built in etc?

Lol

Waaaaaaaaaay out of my price range mate :D

Lol

Waaaaaaaaaay out of my price range mate :D

Well someone mentioned a tv!!!!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭michael.dublin

give here a apron and a book with cookie recipes

large.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Has she got a headset for in game chat?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

A gamer, does she like The Legend of Zelda? If so, how about an ocarina?

Went down fantastically when I did it :P

A gamer, does she like The Legend of Zelda? If so, how about an ocarina?

Went down fantastically when I did it :P

What's an Ocarina? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

What's an Ocarina? :confused:

It's like a strangely shaped flute made out of some terracotta/ceramic/clay-like material, the title of one of the most popular Legend of Zelda games is "Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time", Walton's in Dublin have them for about 30 quid.

You said she was a gamer, so I just threw that out there on the off-chance she was into that particular game :P A more generalized suggestion would be to burn her a CD of her favourite game's soundtrack?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

I printed this out and gave it to my wife last year!! :D

TescoValentine.jpg

Edit:

You can download it in pdf form here:

http://tescovaluecards.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

The Lego Movie Videogame is out on VD for some good co-op action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Just cook her a nice meal OP. And try not to ruin another love day.

Lads, she likes silver jewellery so I was gonna get her a thumb ring tomorrow after work.

Only problem is I don't know her thumb size LOL

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭wuffly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Lads, she likes silver jewellery so I was gonna get her a thumb ring tomorrow after work.

Any ideas?

Get one that's a bit too big and the jewllers can size it after you give it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Any ideas?

Borrow a thumb ring if she already has one and bring that into the jewellers with you. Otherwise I'm afraid you're stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Not much of a present but why not download MAME for her its an old arcade games emulator shinobi,bubble bobble and the likes ,it used to be free not sure now though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Go to Dealz.

Picked up a card and a small teddy for the princely sum of €2.98. :D

We're not into Valentine's but said I better get a token gift.

Advertisement