Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Providing cover for antenatal appointment

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

carlie16 wrote: »
    Sorry to drag this thread up again but just wanted further clarification. If a cert is required for an ante-natal appointment does this mean that a day will be taken from your certified sick leave?

No, a cert is not needed and antenatal appointments are not counted towards your sick leave.
    They are a seperate type of leave.
    You will need to provide evidence of the appointment, be it a letter from the hospital/appointment card.
    Paid cover is also provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Not appointments however maternity related sick leave may be counted towards your sick leave entitlements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

According to Tui news it counts as half sick leave, really is a disgrace, maybe my husband could have the kids Instead and use his sick leave, it's total wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Unfortunately like most things in public service, a small number have abused it. I have seen both sides with women genuinely unable to work due to pregnancy issues and a small number taking as much sick leave as possible when there was little wrong. Unfortunately as a profession we tend to shoot ourselves in the foot, another example being uncertified days where some people saw them as days off that should/must be taken

According to Tui news it counts as half sick leave, really is a disgrace, maybe my husband could have the kids Instead and use his sick leave, it's total wrong.

What counts as half sick leave?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

My tui Union rep told me a few weeks ago that she got an email from head office to say pregnancy related sick leave is now not being treated as normal certified. She said she has not received a circular yet but hopes to soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Millem wrote: »
    My tui Union rep told me a few weeks ago that she got an email from head office to say pregnancy related sick leave is now not being treated as normal certified. She said she has not received a circular yet but hopes to soon.

Really? This would be brilliant as I was out a lot sept-nov. Though at the same time Id be pissed coz I had to go out on naternity early because I was worried about using my sick leave

Really? This would be brilliant as I was out a lot sept-nov. Though at the same time Id be pissed coz I had to go out on naternity early because I was worried about using my sick leave

Yes she stopped me in the staff room to tell me. I had suffered from hyperememis so only managed to work 2 weeks throughout the whole of my pregnancy :( but thankfully it was in 2013. I said to her why was she telling me as mine was in 2013 and she said for baby number 2!!!!!!
    Lol :)

Millem wrote: »
    Yes she stopped me in the staff room to tell me. I had suffered from hyperememis so only managed to work 2 weeks throughout the whole of my pregnancy :( but thankfully it was in 2013. I said to her why was she telling me as mine was in 2013 and she said for baby number 2!!!!!!
    Lol :)

Millem, is this definitely being changed?
    I know it was being discussed at union meeting but I didn't hear it has reverted back.
    Great news if it has.

gaeilgebeo wrote: »
    Millem, is this definitely being changed?
    I know it was being discussed at union meeting but I didn't hear it has reverted back.
    Great news if it has.

Well that's what she told me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I am reading that as a woman on pregnancy related sick leave will be on half pay once the full number of sick days is exhausted?
    So the previous sick-leave conditions based on pregnancy-related illness have not been restored?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

No good to me then as mine was post 1st sept 2014

Advertisement