Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Non-WWE Theme Song Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Don't wanna feel left out, my vote goes for The Briscoes. Suited them perfectly and I liked it so much I picked up a best of Lynyrd Skynyrd album in HMV for €5 just for the song...hated the rest of the album!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

I really like that James Gibson theme. Kinda has a Cats and the Cradles vibe to it. Not sure how it would work but it's so different from what the WWE would use, I can't help but like it. Strikes me as very iPod friendly too.

So, James Gibson.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Mark and Jay to advance. The duelling banjos at that start certainly suits Dem Boys. It's gas how all three have the Southern theme if they were randomly selected!

One more vote for them and The Briscoes progress on! Can either Gibson or Mickie make a comeback?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Please give your reasons for your vote or it won't count!

why not just let people vote?

• Advertisement

why not just let people vote?

Same as the last few tournaments, it's interesting to see what people have to say and it gets a discussion going, rather than people just posting names. Just a line, not an essay

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Going of a theme with the themes?
    Going to go with Mickie, just prefer it over the other two

Jester252 wrote: »
    Going of a theme with the themes?
    Going to go with Mickie, just prefer it over the other two

Nope, I laughed when these 3 got paired together since they they are all country songs, the machine knew :p

Score now is Briscoes 4 Mickie 2 Gibson 1

Just noticed I got the voting numbers wrong, other tournaments had the first round as the first to 4 votes, so Briscoes have actually made it through!

Round 1, Fight 2

CM Punk - ROH

vs.

nWo Wolfpac - WCW

vs.

Steve Corino - ROH

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

CM Punk, one of my favs..... pity its lumped in with the Wolfpac theme as I like that too but CM punks theme should go far here

My vote : CM Punk!

• Advertisement

Same as, Wolfpac and Punk are two of the best themes in the whole thing so it's tough to see them face off in round 1....my vote also goes with Punk though, out of every theme he has ever used nothing tops AFI. The build up is brilliant and the crowd hitting the guardrails in time with the song just made his entrance seem so epic

Same as, Wolfpac and Punk are two of the best themes in the whole thing so it's tough to see them face off in round 1....my vote also goes with Punk though, out of every theme he has ever used nothing tops AFI. The build up is brilliant and the crowd hitting the guardrails in time with the song just made his entrance seem so epic

I wanted the AFI theme to play when he turned heel, would have been great in his SES days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Great matchup but going with the Wolfpac, suits them down to the ground and was just so cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Has tto be AFI, epic drum beat.

One more vote and Punk is through, score is 3 -1 - 0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Wolfpac, one of my favourite themes ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Going to vote for the Wolfpac, I really like that theme

3 for Punk and 3 for Wolfpac with poor old Steve Corino on 0, if either Punk or Wolfpac get another vote then they have won the round

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

nWo: Wolfpac baybay! Throwin' out my wolf signs listening to that. Favourite WCW theme!

Know I know how many felt when Assman/Real Mans Man went out in the WWE theme warz. Im actually freaked that AFI is gone.

• Advertisement

And with that we say goodbye to one of the big guns in CM Punks AFI theme!

Sting (WCW)
    vs.

MVP (TNA)

vs

Aces and Eights (TNA)

None of those links work TBC

Sting (WCW)

vs.

MVP (TNA)

vs.

Aces and Eights (TNA)

MVP all the way. Never liked Sting and Aces and Eights didn't sound like a theme for such a faction. MVP is a nice addition and a continuation of his WWE them

MVP for me

That's what I get for trying to put the post up on my phone while walking in the rain :p

MVP gets my vote also, was never crazy for Stings theme and Aces and Eights was too boring

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Gah, I didn't realise this one had started and I come in to find Miseria Cantera is already gone! Toys, pram, throwing etc.

I'll go with MVP here. It has the clock ticking which I liked in his WWE theme and what sounds like Godzilla. It all gets a a bit 'meh' after that but it's enough to get him through for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Got to be Sting, must be one of the favourites to win it. The song suited the darkness of the crow character perfectly.

Yeah, has to be Sting. It's an iconic theme for a wrestling icon.

3 for MVP, 3 for Sting, one more vote will get them through...or a sudden surge in love for Aces and Eights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Absolutely love that Sting theme. Suits the character and wonderfully atmospheric. Sting.

Advertisement