Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Options
  • 05-02-2014 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭

Tried searching for a thread on this, didn't come up with anything apart from dark souls :P so if their is one feel free too delete this mod :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M5uiFczBBY

Thought this would of gotten some interest from boardsies , seems very low key as not alot of people are talking about it

but I've got alot of interest in this game from what I've seen
    nothing beats a good investigation game (unless its la noire)

so the guy dies, but his ghostly spirit won't move on until he solves his own murder. While trying to solve his own, he also trys too help other ghosts/spirits (whatever your fancy) to move on by helping them solve their own problems, I guess side quests.
    Also he has to fend off demonic spirits

oh and I forgot he's a chain smoker

Video has some spoilers
    but overall I think the game looks good and I'm looking forward too it :)

Release date is June 2014 for all platforms

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,677 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks interesting alright, will keep an eye on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Been on my Steam wishlist for ages, but to be honest I had completely forgotten about it, so thanks for the reminder!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Looking forward to this game. Looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Lamposts wrote: »
    Looking forward to this game. Looks great.

yup :) I think watch dogs will affect its sales though
    looks like a fun game though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm always a little suspicious when games have 200 collectibles (so says the achievement list) as to whether they have been padded or not , but it does look very interesting for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Had been watching this one too, but later previews seem to think it's added a lot of bloat, whereas the main investigation quest (solving your own murder) isn't fleshed out enough (no pun intended).

Still, not writing it off yet - I certainly liked the initial premise.

Dair. wrote: »
    Had been watching this one too, but later previews seem to think it's added a lot of bloat, whereas the main investigation quest (solving your own murder) isn't fleshed out enough (no pun intended).

A lot of trophies / achievements for side cases would back that up too I don't really mind as long as they are not repetitive and dull , could be decent one for the summer lull in releases though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

That's a biut disappointing to hear all right. I really liked the premise of the game. It's nice to have a somewhat original idea to look forward to in a game. Hopefully it'll live up to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I get a choice 3 free game downloads with my new graphics card. This as a pre-order is one of the options. Might get it, at least it's an interesting idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

C14N wrote: »
    I get a choice 3 free game downloads with my new graphics card. This as a pre-order is one of the options. Might get it, at least it's an interesting idea.

Might be worth taking a risk on if it's a freebie. What are the other choices?

• Advertisement

Might be worth taking a risk on if it's a freebie. What are the other choices?

Ah I got it in the end. There were a lot of other AAA games like Tomb Raider, Deus Ex HR, Darksiders, Alan Wake and Hitman Absolution but I already had them from various sales as well as a few indies that I wasn't mad about. It came down to a choice between this and Company of Heroes 2 and considering Company of Heroes 1 has gone around 3 years untouched, I said I'd try this. I'm actually looking forward to going into a game blind, whether it's good, bad or indifferent, I rarely pickup new games in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It does not look like this game is worth it, an average run through will only take you 8-10 hours and that can also be done quicker, you do not need to actually get all the clues to solve a case either and if you mess up your investigation you will have no repercussions due to the storyline being set so nothing you do can change its outcome, also the game has nothing to do after end game and will not have an NG+.

€70 in Gamestop, online of course cheaper, in the US it is selling $10 below the usual cost of PS4 games due to its length or lack of.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

The release is next week, yet I have heard zilch about this since the announcement really.

Not a good sign.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If most of those stats applied to a game I was actually looking forward to, I'd actually be really pleased. Good on them for resisting the temptation to focus on empty replayability.

I'd be far more concerned by the fact that it's from a studio whose output thus far has been mixed at best.

Quantum Conundrum was a fun game, but that was due to Kim Swift, who is not working on this game.

Otacon wrote: »
    The release is next week, yet I have heard zilch about this since the announcement really.

Not a good sign.

I wouldn't take that too seriously, I heard zilch about Spec Ops from the press too, and that turned out to be one of my favourites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Embargo ends in just over 5 hours for those interested in this
    good solid fun, very enjoyable - dare i say id recommend it for someone looking for something a little left field. maybe not for everyone, and definitely not for those who like their games super polished

COYVB wrote: »
    Embargo ends in just over 5 hours for those interested in this
    good solid fun, very enjoyable - dare i say id recommend it for someone looking for something a little left field. maybe not for everyone, and definitely not for those who like their games super polished

Is it creative in your opinion? Honestly, I'd rather have something rough but fresh than polished but re-hashed.

Creative... hmmmm... It's different, but not hugely different. I'll sum it up in 2 words
    buy it

:)

wow, the reviews are all over the place on this one. for the record, i loved it. it's flawed, sure, but it's a fantastic experience that tries to do something a little different.

i strongly recommend that anyone who had even a passing interest in this game pre-release checks it out, and TAKES THEIR TIME playing it - you'll be greatly rewarded.

• Advertisement

Most places reporting 10-15 hours IF you do sides and collectibles , and that it's clearly developed for last gen given next gen polish

Xenji wrote: »
    It does not look like this game is worth it, an average run through will only take you 8-10 hours and that can also be done quicker, you do not need to actually get all the clues to solve a case either and if you mess up your investigation you will have no repercussions due to the storyline being set so nothing you do can change its outcome, also the game has nothing to do after end game and will not have an NG+.

€70 in Gamestop, online of course cheaper, in the US it is selling $10 below the usual cost of PS4 games due to its length or lack of.

A game should only be as long as it needs be. An 8 hour have that can tell it's story in that time and which offers noreplayability is perfectly fine and certainly far preferable to some bloated mess that promises 60 hours of bland a to b quest type missions.

A game should only be as long as it needs be. An 8 hour have that can tell it's story in that time and which offers noreplayability is perfectly fine and certainly far preferable to some bloated mess that promises 60 hours of bland a to b quest type missions.

I agree, and I do not mind it with indie games and with older games, but making people shell out possibly €75 in store on a new next gen game that can be beaten quicker than 8 hours and offers nothing after you finish is overkill for me unless it is an extraordinary game.

I was interested in the game from once I saw the trailer, but I will be waiting to get it on the cheap if I get it at all.

Link to most of the released reviews http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=829648

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I agree, and I do not mind it with indie games and with older games, but making people shell out possibly €75 in store on a new next gen game that can be beaten quicker than 8 hours and offers nothing after you finish is overkill for me unless it is an extraordinary game.

I was interested in the game from once I saw the trailer, but I will be waiting to get it on the cheap if I get it at all.
    The game is available for considerably less than what GameStop is charging for it. It's RRP seems to be aimed at more of the mid-tier level with next-gen versions being available from £32 to £39.99 online. The previous gen version is about a tenner less and god knows what the PC version is going for.

gizmo wrote: »
    The game is available for considerably less than what GameStop is charging for it. It's RRP seems to be aimed at more of the mid-tier level with next-gen versions being available from £32 to £39.99 online. The previous gen version is about a tenner less and god knows what the PC version is going for.

Yeah they are selling it for 10 dollars less then the usual next gen prices in the US and I have seen key sites selling it for about 25 Euro, might just wait for a Steam sale.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A developer should always focus on making the best decisions for their game, and not worry about the RRP set by the publisher or the extortionate price those chancers in Gamestop are going to charge. We as consumers have more than enough choice these days to pay what we want (is there any doubt Soul Suspect will be a perennial presence in digital sales from around Christmas?) so game designers should be actively encouraged to make the best game they can. Very often that means single digit running hours: frankly, it would be absolutely great if more gamers and developers alike realised that and stepped away from the bloat that now defines most AAA releases. The price will change - and sure you can already save anywhere between 20 and 40 euro without much effort - but the game won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

The review on Eurogamer gave it only a 6 but it still sounds like an interesting game, will definitely buy it when it pops up on Steam for sale in the future.

Frankly I welcome more games that have 5-20 hours of game play in them, I love Skyrim but I can't stand to see so many games with all of these pointless mini games latched on to them however I will admit to being biased as work and family only gives me very sparse playing time.

Link to most of the released reviews http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=829648

No one is making anyone shell out any amount of money for the game. Most gamers know that by shopping around they can save a fortune. Developers have nothing to do with pricing of their titles and as such should solely be concerned with producing the best possible game, if that game only needs be 4 or hours then that's what it should be. People seem to equate hours of playability with value for money, hence why so many people go on about the hundreds of hours of gameplay in GTAV but honestly there's at most 12-20 hours tops of fun to be had with GTAV before it become monotonous as hell. I'd sooner part with my money for a game like Murdered: Soul Suspect that can be completed in 10 or so hours than one padded to hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

was watching a stream of it their on twitch, looks fun to play :) I'll pick it up over the summer hopefully to have it completed before destiny comes out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Sounds like an interesting game to be fair. Though don't think i could justify paying full price for a game thats gotten quite a mixed reception. It'll probably be a steam sale purchase for me.

Advertisement