Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rain rain rain

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

Ya I've had 4/5lb trout there and there are also big ferox there if you wanted to do a bit of trolling

Nice!Im usually a pike fisherman but im getting into fly fishing for trout the last 2 seasons now.Im going to hit Kerry a lot this year.

Id love to try for some ferox too.Do you need a down-rigger to troll or would some deep diving lures do?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

Nice!Im usually a pike fisherman but im getting into fly fishing for trout the last 2 seasons now.Im going to hit Kerry a lot this year.

Id love to try for some ferox too.Do you need a down-rigger to troll or would some deep diving lures do?

No need for a down rigger, deep diving plugs fished roughly 20ft below the surface. The bigger trout are generally caught with lures on leane , smaller trout on the fly in upper columns. The laune flowing out of leane is good for trout as is currant near ken mare. Do you fly fish for pike?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

No need for a down rigger, deep diving plugs fished roughly 20ft below the surface. The bigger trout are generally caught with lures on leane , smaller trout on the fly in upper columns. The laune flowing out of leane is good for trout as is currant near ken mare. Do you fly fish for pike?

Not yet,im going to get the hang of fly fishing for trout first before i go buy anymore fly gear.I will eventually though.But i can see myself being totally occupied by trout fishing this season ha! Cheers for the info btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

Not yet,im going to get the hang of fly fishing for trout first before i go buy anymore fly gear.I will eventually though.But i can see myself being totally occupied by trout fishing this season ha! Cheers for the info btw!

No problem, good to see another trout angler on the scene! If I could give advise to a novice it would be:
    •Get a casting lesson
    •learn on a river rather than Stillwater, if u can cast on a river, surrounded by trees , shrubs etc you'll cast anywhere.
    •Get into fly tying, saves you a lot of money in the end:)

Advertisement