Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parts of city flooded

Options
  • 01-02-2014 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭

Corbally road and Long Pavement flooded and impassible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭stoeger

Anyone no if the park road is flooded need to get to work corbally and long pavement and closed

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭stoeger

Anyone no if the park road is flooded need to get to work corbally and long pavement and closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

What's steamboat quay like??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,143 ✭✭✭✭phog

stoeger wrote: »

Areas near St Mary school flooded as is Corbally Rd, seen nothing on Park Rd itself but I did see Richmond's rugby game is going ahead which might suggest Park Rd is ok.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I need to get across the city from Bawnmore area over to LIT. Usually head over bridge by John's castle.

I have no idea of road names - sorry not from Limerick - but wondered if those roads were passible?

Or is there a better route?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The Island

BfYcPuQIEAAdJSf.jpg

BfYbuEbIMAA56Bx.jpg

BfYYn4GIQAAnKHt.jpg

Corbally

BfYW9shIYAAdls-.jpg

panda100 wrote: »

Seems to be ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1fJ7EgzL2Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player

angeldaisy wrote: »
    I need to get across the city from Bawnmore area over to LIT. Usually head over bridge by John's castle.

I have no idea of road names - sorry not from Limerick - but wondered if those roads were passible?

Or is there a better route?

Thomond Bridge, should be ok.

I'm doing a similar route in reverse in a few minutes and hoping it will be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

RTE main news heading is reporting damage to Galway no flood damage to Limerick city mentioned. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I just had a ball driving the jeep through the floods down by The Strand!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

panda100 wrote: »
    Seems okay, but they just closed off the Dock road from Dolans onwards
    (outbound).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

2603956249.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sumtings

Still no mention of flooding in Limerick on the RTE news!

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ABlur

sumtings wrote: »

Limerick gets a mention on Sky News!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sumtings

ABlur wrote: »
    Limerick gets a mention on Sky News!

I suppose in fairness to RTE I was watching RTE News Now and I have a feeling there isn't much now about it. Might update at 12:00

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    2603956249.jpg

Looks like I won't be popping down there for milk after all.

I suppose in fairness to RTE I was watching RTE News Now and I have a feeling there isn't much now about it. Might update at 12:00

We're not even mentioned on the website, the article covers nearly half the west coast but not a word about Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

When we don't want them to mention Limerick, they bloody do!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

seachto7 wrote: »
    When we don't want them to mention Limerick, they bloody do!

Limerick now leading the flood reporting. Someone in Lyric must have found their phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Anybody know what's it like out the Caherdavin, Woodview, Clareview, Country Club direction is like?

There is meant to be the Caherdavin 10 mile road race tomorrow at 1:30

Marian Finucane had a telephone interview with Clr Tom Shortt about the flooding in Limerick.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

YFlyer wrote: »
    Anybody know what's it like out the Caherdavin, Woodview, Clareview, Country Club direction is like?

There is meant to be the Caherdavin 10 mile road race tomorrow at 1:30

Caherdavin is grand. We're far enough away from the river. I still wouldn't fancy running the Old Cratloe Road in those winds though!

Right, just watched RTE news at 1, Limerick got:

"There was severe flooding in Limerick also"

Changed to sky news and they have video and still images of the flooding here in their report on the flooding.

Kind of crazy really that a foreign news network has more of a report on us than our national television station.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

An File wrote: »
    Caherdavin is grand. We're far enough away from the river. I still wouldn't fancy running the Old Cratloe Road in those winds though!

Cheers.

I think they usually cancel races if there are any flooded patches on the route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

The Mid West correspondent is probably on holidays.
    I suggest a few complaints to them, but sure there probably out shopping for new Cars or on expensive holidays etc..etc... rabble....

They are a pretty inept lot for public servants.

Limerick
    Cornmarket Sq.
    Denmark St.
    Limerick
    Tele: (061) 410222
    Fax: (061) 310223
    Email: limerick@rte.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

source wrote: »
    Right, just watched RTE news at 1, Limerick got:

"There was severe flooding in Limerick also"

Changed to sky news and they have video and still images of the flooding here in their report on the flooding.

Kind of crazy really

It is typical, the Irish media pursue a particular narrative when it comes to Limerick (a particularly nasty negative one) and any story that does not reinforce that narrative doesn't really interest them, which is why 95% of the time when you see Cathy O'Halloran on TV it is a negative narrative.

This week, the events at our ticket master outlet made the front page of some national newspapers, ridiculous doesn't begin to describe it.

The sooner Limerick people cop onto that narrative the sooner you will realise why half the country is terrified of setting foot in Limerick, why it is harder to attract investment etc etc, also why we face insults every where we go.

Galway receives the mirror opposite (compare coverage of the Galway Racing festival to Limericks Christmas Racing festival)

Just cause we are paranoid does not mean they are not after us.

I know this is of no comfort to the people who have been affected by today's floods, I just felt it important to keep highlighting this narrative

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,472 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

SkyNews are even reporting on the flooding in Limerick!

Are parts of the city still flooded, or has it passed with high tide?

• Advertisement

From Sean Curtain Photography

http://vimeo.com/85599012

Advertisement