Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mums-to-be, new-mums and all mums meet ups!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Great idea

will try to make the 22nd but the girls are getting the next lot of vaccinations that week so will have to see how they are after.

If I don't make it, maybe some of the North County Dublin or Dublin 15 mums would like to meet up on a weekday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I'm D15 so would be up for that also. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Don't think I'll be able to go. They're all a bit far for me and I don't have a car! I'll try make the next one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Suffering serious cabin fever here - I've been stuck in the house for (what feels like) an eternity. Can't wait to get my car back; this meet up will be just what I need :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Will we make it Blanch so as that seems to be convenient-ish for most people? I'll happily pick people up and drop them off as needed - I don't have car seat(s) though!!

• Advertisement

So have we decided on the where's and when's?

How about Blanch @ 1pm?

There's a few different cafes there, I don't know it well though so some might be better than others?

Sounds good, it'd be busy on a Saturday, but there's a coffee shop in the draiocht theatre which is relatively quiet. It's called the betelnut, it's in the draiocht opposite the entrance where the cinema is, beside the library.

Bleugh not going to make this after all. :( Heading to my parents for the weekend to (hopefully!) get a bit of a break. Enjoy!

Bleugh not going to make this after all. :( Heading to my parents for the weekend to (hopefully!) get a bit of a break. Enjoy!

That's a pity - maybe a midweek meet up next time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Hi ladies, I don't think I'm going to be able to make it this Saturday. My LO has had norovirus this week and although he's better now (just the last day or 2) I wouldn't want to be taking him to meet pregnant ladies and babies just incase :(. He had an awful dose and been very weak.

If anyone wants to meet during the week next week tho or some other weekend id be keen. As I said I'm flexible enough. Am in Clonskeagh but don't mind driving within reason. Have a nice day on Saturday. X

nikpmup wrote: »
    That's a pity - maybe a midweek meet up next time?

I'm actually planning on heading to this coffee morning in Castleknock next week, if you're interested? It's for mums with babies under nine months.

I'm actually planning on heading to this coffee morning in Castleknock next week, if you're interested? It's for mums with babies under nine months.

That's the baby wearing woman I went to about Hugo's sling (saw your post about it!) She's lovely - I might see if I can make it down. I'll pm you x

We can always postpone this until a later date if people can't make it. Haven't had the most amazing week so I don't know how good company I'd be anyway :o

Jerrica wrote: »
    We can always postpone this until a later date if people can't make it. Haven't had the most amazing week so I don't know how good company I'd be anyway :o

Might be an idea, it'd be great if more people could make it

How about Saturday week - 1st March?

Sounds good - I was in the centre yesterday afternoon, and it was bedlam, last day of mid term, so probably not the worst idea to postpone, lol!

Anyone interested in this?

Crap I suggested the date but now I can't go! Have to introduce the baby to his great-granny tomorrow.

I'm at a wedding this weekend. Back to Dublin next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

I can't do tomorrow either. Weekends aren't great for me as I hardly see my husband all week! Would rather a mid week meet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Id love a mid week meet up too :-) i can drive or do city centre. Based in glasnevin.

Mid week def better for me aswell. I'm based in Clonskeagh but can drive.

Midweek is cool for me as well

Midweek good for me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Mid week is good for me! Dundrum or stephens green would be handier for me than blanch or liffey valley!

I went to a meet up before from meetup.com and we went to dandelion beside st Stephens green and they were really accommodating! There was around 15 buggies!

Sorry but no way I am venturing into city centre! I'd need to remortgage my house just to say for parking in Stephens green! Lol

I think somewhere with ample free parking is best? What do others think?

Dundrum is handy? Parking is €2 for an hour (less if you but a few things in tesco). Marks and Spencer's cafe there is really spacious and great for prams and stroller.

But this might not suit people and I have a car and can drive so open to suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Dundrum is handy? Parking is €2 for an hour (less if you but a few things in tesco). Marks and Spencer's cafe there is really spacious and great for prams and stroller.

But this might not suit people and I have a car and can drive so open to suggestions.

€2 an hour is crazy for a shopping centre! Why isn't it free like most other centres? That said I don't mind going there if it suits more people :-)

• Advertisement

kandr10 wrote: »
    €2 an hour is crazy for a shopping centre! Why isn't it free like most other centres? That said I don't mind going there if it suits more people :-)

Didn't realise other big indoor centres were free? I know Carrickmines is tho. Point me in their direction :)... Would love to know. Parking In Dublin so expensive and I thought €2 was great. Lol. City centre parking so much more expensive.

Advertisement