Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mums-to-be, new-mums and all mums meet ups!

Options
  • 31-01-2014 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭

So after getting the feeling there might be a few of us around who are feeling a bit of pregnancy isolation I thought it might be fun to find out if there's anyone interested in meeting up. To be honest right now I'd be quite happy to surround myself with pregnant ladies and mums and listen to your stories all afternoon, I feel like a sponge that can't get enough info!

But it would also be lovely to have chats with people who are intimately familiar with the physical (constipation, spots, bloating, race-horse peeing :D) as well as the emotional (the worry, the confusion, the apprehension, the excitement, the joy!!) aspects of being pregnant.

I'm sure we're all in different parts of the country but let's see who's around and who's up for a meet. I'm based in Dublin and I'm working Mon- Fri but lunchtimes, evenings and weekends are all good.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Good idea:)
    It is a good while since we have had a Parenting meet up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I'd be well up for something like this in Cork if there are any ladies around who fancy it! 10 weeks to go and feeling the isolation something mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Im in North Kildare, easy access to Dublin. Available all day, every day LOL . Due in 12 days tho! :)

Dori

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Im in North Kildare, easy access to Dublin. Available all day, every day LOL . Due in 12 days tho! :)

Dori

North Kildare too,if you want to go for coffee any morning let me know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I'm in Dublin, pretty flexible and don't mind driving somewhere... Can usually meet any day during the week except Monday mornings. Before 12 or after 2 preferably. But as I said pretty flexible :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

I am in North Meath but can drive a bit.
    I am flexible if I dont have another Hospital or GP appointment :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Sure count me in. I'm in blanchardstown, I'll keep an eye on this thread and invite myself along if i can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Aw girls I am envious. I live in the UK but hubby and I are hoping to move back to Dublin at some stage this year - I hear you on the isolation, am really missing my friends and family at home right now. One of my best mates in Dublin is just two weeks ahead of me in her pregnancy and has been an amazing support, would be lovely to meet some other Mummy-to-bes too!

I went into the deli at lunch just now to get a sandwich and was telling the owner I was pregnant. She has two little girls and we talked for twenty minutes about pregnancy and all the joys being pregnant entails.....I didn't want to leave!! :D I don't want to be become a baby bore and it's nice to have other people who understand isn't it?

I'm back regularly, so who knows, might be able to coordinate a little trip with a Mummy meet-up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

nikpmup wrote: »
    Sure count me in. I'm in blanchardstown, I'll keep an eye on this thread and invite myself along if i can :)

I am also in Blanchardstown so if you fancy a coffee someday let me know! :)

Also would be up for any meet-ups in Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

I am also in Blanchardstown so if you fancy a coffee someday let me know! :)

I'm in Ashtown so I forsee a meet up for us lot soon enough :pac:
    Merkin wrote: »
    I'm back regularly, so who knows, might be able to coordinate a little trip with a Mummy meet-up!
    Definitely give us a shout when you're due back next and we can plan around that.

And for those of us closer by, how about we look into something at the end of February to give us plenty of time to plan in advance - Saturday 22nd Feb (before the England Ireland game at 4pm :pac:) or Saturday 1st March?

• Advertisement

Either of those dates would suit me perfectly! :)

Those dates sound good, but I'd imagine midweek would be good too for those on maternity leave ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

I'm in north county Dublin so up for meeting too. At the moment both of those dates are fine for me. As I'm on maternity leave I'm free during the week too :)

I can do those dates. Durig the week also would be really good for me as on maternity leave and I love getting out of the house with LO during the week days.

Edit: just remembered... I can't do 1st march as have my friends wedding (I really shouldn't have forgot that lol).

Those dates sound good, but I'd imagine midweek would be good too for those on maternity leave ;)

I know, that's the problem because the mums to be may still be in work!! Sure we can do both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

I'm also in North County Dublin with a 3 week old. I can't drive but if it was a local ish or city centre meet up, I can get the bus or train :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

I'm in North Wexford, anyone else around these parts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

This would be great! I'm in North Dublin but can get into the city quick enough :)

Let's aim for Saturday 22nd February around midday-ish in Dublin and then for the next one we could do a midweek option?

Anyone who's interested just thank this (not fishing for thanks, promise :pac:) and we can take it from there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Ill have a brand new new-born by then! :(

Ill aim for the next one! :)

• Advertisement

This is fantastic! Looks like there's a few of us free on Saturday week, I'm just trying to think of an easy and decent place to meet up in the city centre. How about the big Costa Coffee on Dame Street? There's plenty of seating in there from what I remember.

Mhhh city centre is not really good for me as I dont drive in the city. Can we not meet somewhere a bit more outside?

Had you anywhere in mind Siipina? We might find it tough to find somewhere that's perfect for everyone, I'm just making suggestions :)

Hmmm... I'm pretty easy. Shopping centres outside city centres like dundrum Liffey valley etc might suit some people? Marks and Spencer's cafes are always great for kids. Loadsa space and people there don't usually mind crying babies as there's always so many there. Shopping centres like dundrum great for parking.

But I can get anywhere so I don't mind either way....

Shopping center is a great idea, Sligo. Parking is easy and its not hard to find them lol :-)

Blanchardstown, Liffey Valley, Dundrum, Carrickmines - sure there's plenty of shopping centres on and around the M50 :)

Are there any preferences? Or even more importantly places that people definitely can't do?

Jerrica wrote: »
    Blanchardstown, Liffey Valley, Dundrum, Carrickmines - sure there's plenty of shopping centres on and around the M50 :)

Are there any preferences? Or even more importantly places that people definitely can't do?

Blanchardstown would suit me :)

Blanchardstown is ideal for me, probably could do Liffey Valley (though could be tricky as I won't have a car by the 22nd) ... city centre would be fine too!

Blanchardstown is ideal for me, probably could do Liffey Valley (though could be tricky as I won't have a car by the 22nd) ... city centre would be fine too!

I'd offer a lift but I'm still car-less! Hopefully will have it back by then, but no guarantees!!

• Advertisement

Dundrum best for me. But have a car so if majority are near blanch or Liffey I can drive there either :)

Advertisement