Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

CSF wrote: »
    Fine enough to stop the IWC from taking a steamy **** on the Batista/Orton main event? I hope not.

I'd be truly amazed if its just those two now. It would be suicidal.

I can see Lesnar being added if they don't want to do him vs Taker.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I'd be truly amazed if its just those two now. It would be suicidal.

I can see Lesnar being added if they don't want to do him vs Taker.

Just have Brock batter the both of them for 15 minutes with a chair, there's your Mania main event :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭mikey13

krudler wrote: »
    Just have Brock batter the both of them for 15 minutes with a chair, there's your Mania main event :pac:

I like it! Maybe just have Bootista and Lesnar beat Orton with chairs for 15mins then have a match lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Feed me Seymour

I really doubt they will still have Orton/Batista main event WM after all thats gone on this last week. Triple H v Bryan will not satisfy the fans if they still have to sit through a main event between the two evolution boys.

Bryan has to main event Mania at this stage. Either one on one or in a threesome.

Triple H and Punk also needs to happen, with a Punk win. They've had a nice slow build, keeping them seperated since the slammy awards night.

Would Punk's walk off have anything to do with the New age outlaws also winning titles at the RR? Their Friends with ol big nose himself after all, along with RR winner, current champion, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Seems appropriate, given that Punk has walked out

1620418_797028956978238_2018668580_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

TMZ have picked it up
    WWE superstar CM Punk is QUITTING the organization, TMZ Sports has learned ... and sources tell us it's all because he's PISSED over the way the company wants to use him at "WrestleMania."

Sources close to the situation tell TMZ Sports ... Punk was livid when he learned officials scripted Batista to win the Royal Rumble ... because he feels Batista isn't in great wrestling shape and shouldn't be featured in the title match at the upcoming WrestleMania (the biggest event of the year).

We're told Punk feels he earned the right to be in the main event at WrestleMania -- because he's been wrestling tirelessly over the past year from house shows to overseas events. Punk was angry when he found out he'd be wrestling Triple H at WrestleMania instead of squaring off in the title match.

Sources say ... Punk -- whose contract is up in July -- made the decision to leave WWE after "Monday Night Raw" -- and we're told that right now, he's very serious about his decision and has no plans to return.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/29/cm-punk-quit-wwe-wrestlemania-batista/#ixzz2roJ7K2zt

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Kane ended his wwe career so, most powerful finisher ever? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Loughc wrote: »
    Really don't see this turning out to be a work.
    Was thinking the same, surley we would have seen a "Future endeavor" message by now?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Was thinking the same, surley we would have seen a "Future endeavor" message by now?

He's still under contract he just walked out. They haven't sacked him nor will they, they'll just let his contract run out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Hope Punk comes back after a week like the last time he "quit".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Punk got screwed out of a decent match with Orton at mania before now. He was the obvious choice to face Orton and Bryan to face Triple H from everything that happened from Summerslam to Survivor Series. Batista winning the rumble and the reported card makes no sense to me. Was expecting the below.

Punk v Orton (WWE Champ)
    Bryan v Triple H
    Batista v Brock
    Reigns v Taker
    Cena w/Hogan v Wyatt w/Family

Buy
    Buy
    Buy

After Mania Batista goes heel and joins authority, topples Punk, Bryan wins MITB beats Batista at Summerslam, sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Read reports that he was originally supposed to lose to Cesaro on RAW in an elimination chamber qualifier match, but that it had to be rewritten once Punk informed WWE of his intentions. Sorry if thats been said already.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Punk v Orton (WWE Champ)
    Bryan v Triple H
    Batista v Brock
    Reigns v Taker

Actually looked like a decent card, with Bortista been a toilet break

For what its worth Punks profile is still on WWE.com
    http://www.wwe.com/superstars/cmpunk

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

For what its worth Punks profile is still on WWE.com
    http://www.wwe.com/superstars/cmpunk

So is Matt Striker. He's been gone since June or July. Change the "cmpunk" in the URL to anyone who has been released lately and a lot of them are still active.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Punk got screwed out of a decent match with Orton at mania before now. He was the obvious choice to face Orton and Bryan to face Triple H from everything that happened from Summerslam to Survivor Series. Batista winning the rumble and the reported card makes no sense to me. Was expecting the below.

Punk v Orton (WWE Champ)
    Bryan v Triple H
    Batista v Brock
    Reigns v Taker

Buy
    Buy
    Buy

After Mania Batista goes heel and joins authority, topples Punk, Bryan wins MITB beats Batista at Summerslam, sorted.

This card writes itself, I don't understand how they've managed to f it up so bad.

You could have had Bryan and Punk left in the Rumble with one entrant remaining, the timer counts down to 0 and no-one comes out. Cut to Hunter coming across Brock laying waste to Batista in the backstage area, Hunter then enters himself and takes out Bryan on the verge of victory, Punk takes advantage and dumps Hunter over at the same time.

Certainly feel it would have been a f**kload better than what we did get.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭mikey13

Apparently WWE are no longer following Punk on twitter.. That's the lattest 'news' to emerge

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

There's nothing to suggest (either in terms of reports or what we see every week) that they were going in the direction of Trips/Bryan until last Monday.

I always thought once HHH screwed him out of the title last year, Bryan Vs. HHH was always planned down the line with Bryan getting the win

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I always thought once HHH screwed him out of the title last year, Bryan Vs. HHH was always planned down the line with Bryan getting the win

I think that, as with other things, that was more the fans in us trying to justify what was happening Bryan...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

I think he finally figured out how to main event Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We all know if anyone is going to take the credit for putting Bryan over at Wrestlemaina and making him a star its HHH.

So Punk getting his main event at Wrestlemania was never happening this year as he has not been the flavour of the month for a while now.

To be honest the main event of Wrestlemania for the last 6/7 years has been lying down for The Undertaker in what is usually a match of the year cancandidate. Punk had that last year.

For me Punk hasn't really looked interested or been interesting to me as a fan since the split with Heyman.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I wonder if this is an elaborate plan by Haitch to give Vince a stroke and gain total and complete power.
    Vince will soon pass away, and Haitch will defeat Orton, Bryan and Batista in a gauntlet match at Mania and book himself to be Champ and when he dies he'll bury himself standing up so no one will ever be able to truely go over him for all eternity.

Mokuba wrote: »

You could well be right.

Triple H understands there is money in likes of us and has introduced many things/ideas that play up to us. Making himself into the biggest heel by playing on what everyone thinks about him is exactly what they did with Vince years ago. This being a work wouldn't surprise me.

Current news fits the perception people have of Punk as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

You could well be right.

Triple H understands there is money in likes of us and has introduced many things/ideas that play up to us. Making himself into the biggest heel by playing on what everyone thinks about him is exactly what they did with Vince years ago. This being a work wouldn't surprise me.

Current news fits the perception people have of Punk as well.

I was more going for the quitting and coming back down the line route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Is he going to beg Stone Cold to come out of retirement to wrestle him?
    No offence to Punk but his work pre SummerSlam compared to now is night and day. Even his work with the white hot Shield was fairly average tbh.

I was more going for the quitting and coming back down the line route.

Oh right, that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I agree with the sentiment....it's just hard to support it when Punk is making it.

He complained about part timers when the Rock headlined Wrestlemania...had no issue when he main evented last years Rumble with the Rock...and now has an issue again because he is losing out. I am sure he will peddle some rubbish about how he wants what is best for the business though.

Hopefully WWE leave him at home it sinks in that he is not as good as he thinks he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭savemejebus

BfKyU5HCYAAAKa5.png

anyone know if this source is reputable?

• Advertisement

That sounds even more like a storyline

Advertisement