Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭The White Feather

colmufc wrote: »
    Wwe instagram posted this about an hour ago

Thats definitely fake as theres no verified tick symbol on it so move on people.Nothing to see here!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭colmufc

Thats definitely fake as theres no verified tick symbol on it so move on people.Nothing to see here!

When ypyou open the intagram page there is no tick beside it its o ly in list forr that the tick appers and trust me it appered on their instagram i saw it with my own eyes , i do howhowever thi k they were hacked and considering what happened last week thats hardly a surprise

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

CM Punk's UFC profile page
    B-AyY05CEAA6PMt.jpg

We just got the reason why AJ Lee hasn't been back or may never be:

https://twitter.com/solomonster/status/568582022484123648

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Not a legal expert by any means, but wouldn't Amann have to provide the proof that Punk lied? That's going to be a very tough thing to do.

Wonder how much of this is "encouraged" by WWE as a fcuk you to Punk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,153 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Not a legal expert by any means, but wouldn't Amann have to provide the proof that Punk lied? That's going to be a very tough thing to do.

Wonder how much of this is "encouraged" by WWE as a fcuk you to Punk.

Not necesserily that Punk lied, but rather that his version of events isn't the way it happened.
    For example, if he everything he said happened, but he left out information that could have absolved the doctor from wrong doing. it could probably be considered defamation.

The issue with these cases its. As hard it is for the doctor to prove Punk lied, its equally hard for Punk to prove that what he said was true. In the absence of solid evidence on either side, It could well be a case of who throws the best lawyers at it.

Seemingly the most likely settlement will be a CM Punk apology correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Probably the least likely, admission of guilt will open him up to bigger damages, that won't happen unless they really have him over a barrel and can substantiate it. I'd imagine settlement and withdrawal of lawsuit with no admission of guilt is most likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Have I missed something or what has this too do with AJ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Have I missed something or what has this too do with AJ?

AJ and Punk are married - might be a bit awkward when the head doc is suing your husband!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

At a guess she will not want to be working for a company where an employee is suing her husband.

AJ and Punk are married - might be a bit awkward when the head doc is suing your husband!

There's been rumblings that something was thing was up. This time last month she was yanked from a WWE Live Event in her hometown were she would return from her neck injury at the last moment. There's speculation that she's been put on the "Rey Mysterio" list meaning WWE has essentially shelved her. It is Wrestlemania season or thereabouts and she isn't around.

Watch me look like a wally when she returns on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

If he is suing him for defamation or slander based on what he said on the podcast, the onus is on Punk to prove what he said was true.

At least that's they way it works here, the US could be different.

Then there's all these other details like Punk could claim he was doing it for the benefit of other wrestlers and so on and it get's all complicated and technical.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I feel bad that I didn't even notice she was gone till I clicked this thread....

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Interesting to see if Punk talked to his lawyers before he did the podcast. I know Punk is Punk and is very vocal but that is a serious allegiation if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I'm a bit surprised as I thought all this would have been settled when in the Punk and WWE settlement; and I assumed that was one of the reasons Punk got such a good settlement out of WWE. Obviously more to the story!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Poor khali got replaced too :(

WWE.com totally goes in on CM Punk using video evidence:
    http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-addresses-cm-punk-allegations-27130843

tumblr_ll04fpPLOH1qjs1hro1_500.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Doesn't Punk have a lovely bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

DM_7 wrote: »
    Doesn't Punk have a lovely bottom.

They ALL have lovely bottoms, father

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Have to say, I don't see anything at all in the WWE video. Not to say there was nothing there, but certainly nothing "baseball sized"

Now Kane, a couple months back, had a huge lump in the middle of his back, more baseball sized. Seems to have been cut out since

What-the-Hell-is-on-Kanes-Back-566x250.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Man, why am I watching a video of CM Punk's ass uploaded by WWE? This is mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Surely all he has to say is that it was under his trunks?

Yn0jTZq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just be thankful Rikishi never made such allegations.

/shudder

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭The White Feather

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Have to say, I don't see anything at all in the WWE video. Not to say there was nothing there, but certainly nothing "baseball sized"

I don't see anything on his back either in those vids but you can clearly see there is a big chip on his shoulder......

:D I couldn't resist that joke!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm genuinely surprised WWE are giving this so much publicity; I'd have thought they'd rather keep these sorts of problems on the downlow.

Do they really want a parade of wrestlers airing grievances with their medical practices publically?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Surely all he has to say is that it was under his trunks?

I think he did say it was under his trunks at the time

Advertisement