Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

J. Marston wrote: »
    He'll be back.

He's already softening his stance! "I didn't do the podcast too bash them" & " they leave me alone and I leave them alone" I can't wait for him too return in a few years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Its a work. Punk going to UFC is start of the WWE invasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Legit did not realise Michael Landsberg was still around

Still around and desperate to wind Punk up for some attention.
    That bit at the start about Bieber etc. was needless, unfunny sh*te.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I love the amount of fighters whose stance is "he doesn't deserve to fight and I will prove it by taking the big money match!"

The nobility of them, all volunteering for it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I love the amount of fighters whose stance is "he doesn't deserve to fight and I will prove it by taking the big money match!"

The nobility of them, all volunteering for it :p

To be fair, these things work better if you can give them an angle like that. Creates interest and sells the match.

Id say a total of 0 of them care about CM Punk waltzing in and eventually ending up nowhere near the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Have to say I've found Punk boring and dull in the interviews he's doing about the mma thing. He doesn't even sound that enthused and the lack of mma training he has had seems shocking. Think this could end up being an embarrassing experience for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I've pretty much spent all his WWE career (and even more so with this dirty break up) trying to figure out whether CM Punk attitude comes from a guy that is mouthy and strong or is the guy completely precious with skin thinner than a supermodel.

I really haven't a clue:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I've pretty much spent all his WWE career (and even more so with this dirty break up) trying to figure out whether CM Punk attuitude comes from a guy that is mouthy and strong or is the guy complety precious with skin thinner than a supermodel.

A bit of both to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

CM Punk is deeply disturbed. He is almost as insecure as Shawn Michaels. But he's a great athlete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I've pretty much spent all his WWE career (and even more so with this dirty break up) trying to figure out whether CM Punk attitude comes from a guy that is mouthy and strong or is the guy completely precious with skin thinner than a supermodel.

He is extremely precious with a very thin skin. I'd say he takes himself incredibly serious.

Big fan of his work but this mma venture is absolutely ridiculous, and its not a question of maybe he will be embarrassed, he will be.

The guy has no place whatsoever fighting for real let alone against world class all rounders. I'd say he wouldn't win a bar fight let alone one in the octagon.

• Advertisement

I find that I am very much interested in what he does, and there is something likeable about him. But in the same breath, he is very easy to dislike as well. When the documentary came out a couple of years ago and he tore his brother apart in it, he came off badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

I find that I am very much interested in what he does, and there is something likeable about him. But in the same breath, he is very easy to dislike as well. When the documentary came out a couple of years ago and he tore his brother apart in it, he came off badly.

He is a victim of his generation, he is extremely bitter that wrestling peaked in popular culture before he peaked himself, and if he was around during the boom years he would be a mid carder at the very best.

He knows this aswell, hence the bitterness.

I'd say he would find problems with just about anyone, even his closest friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭p90airsofter

Big fan of punk but this mma venture is risky! Looking forward to seeing his fights either way

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Not sure if I should post this as its probably clickbait, Wrestlezone are the Daily Express (Bale to UTD LOL) of wrestling Journalism but I will....

According to several people I have spoken with who work at the venue WWE will be running for the January 31st live event in Canada, and the live event taking place on 12/26 at Madison Square Garden, WWE is adhering to a strict “No CM Punk” policy.

I was informed by security staff at both venues that WWE will not allow fans to wear CM Punk merchandise or carry CM Punk signs. If they do, they will be asked by security to change their clothes, remove their signs, or they will be asked to leave the venue.

WZ reader Darius Williams sent in word that during last night’s Raw taping in Minnesota, at least 5 fans were spotted being kicked out for violating the de facto “CM Punk policy,” and security guards could be seen confiscating numerous CM Punk signs.

Paglino Update: After reading several of the comments below, I should note we have also received word that CM Punk merchandise, specifically t-shirts, are no longer being sold at WWE live events. So the attire being wore by fans is most likely merchandise they brought from home and did not purchase at the event.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/536767-wwe-cm-punk-sign-attire-policy

The signs I get, but the shirts are absurd as they were only selling Punks not to long ago. He has toned down his criticism as well recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Doubt that's true.

CSF wrote: »
    Doubt that's true.

Yeah probably right, the "journalist" in question has form for been dodgy.

And I just couldn't see the WWE been that petty, could you?:P

He is a victim of his generation, he is extremely bitter that wrestling peaked in popular culture before he peaked himself, and if he was around during the boom years he would be a mid carder at the very best.

He knows this aswell, hence the bitterness.

I'd say he would find problems with just about anyone, even his closest friends.
    He wants to be the main man but doesn't want to have to do all of the work that comes with it, I think. It reminds me of Shawn Michaels when he won the championship.

Think a straight edge Saviour type gimmick as he had would have been absolute money in the attitude era especially if he had guys like Austin and even Eddie as foils.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

A UFC Q&A with CM Punk is beginning in a few minutes per the time of this post:

Hope he loses the rag. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

rovert wrote: »
    A UFC Q&A with CM Punk is beginning in a few minutes per the time of this post:

Hope he loses the rag. :p

Looks like Cult of Personality will be his entrance theme.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

One guy just stopped mid-question to wave at himself on the TV. This will turn me against humanity again.

"I'm an Ariel Helwani guy". FFS these nerds are the worst.

"I'm an Ariel Helwani guy". FFS these nerds are the worst.

https://twitter.com/FrontRowBrian/status/551143594053361666

Punk is answering these very well in fairness to the boy but these mongos are unreal. Lot of lovely sweatpatches on display.

Punk is answering these very well in fairness to the boy but these mongos are unreal. Lot of lovely sweatpatches on display.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/551146115572064257

Love all the drunk fans loving Punk. :D

One stupid drink guy was making faces behind some geek asking a long-winded question and when it came to his turn he just said that somebody else asked it already. Still went ahead and asked if Punk will use the GTS though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

That was hillarious! Those drunk questions, oh my god! I've heard better questions at his old wizard world panels!

That last guy took the cake looking to play rock, paper, scissors though. Have to say punk took the whole session very well. That was a nice bit with the kid too.

Some of those fans though. If any UFC fans get high and mighty (as they have been) complaining about WWE fans, I'll show them that tape. See how they like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

I think some of them where legit, one step away from saying "He tooooook oour Joobbbbbzzz"

Punk vs Shaq please

https://twitter.com/GREATBLACKOTAKU/status/551593213208064001

AJ Lee is there obviously too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭colmufc

Wwe instagram posted this about an hour ago

Advertisement