Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour problems

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

robbiek01 wrote: »
    If the car is taxed there’s no problem even if there's no windows in it

I bet you would think differently if it was outside your house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Yes, do make sure you report him...and don't forget to sue

Shylock likes stuff

Grow up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

service own car, fine, but a constant stream of cars, wouldnt be keen on it, especially if there are cars parked a plenty and its done on the drive.
    Own garage out of sight, be better, so long as there isnt a continuous clatter of impact tools.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 robbiek01

PucaMama wrote: »
    I bet you would think differently if it was outside your house

I don't know it hasn't happened yet but if my neighbour was running a garage from his house I wouldn’t be grudge him a living as long as it's not blocking your access there is not much you can do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 snakeoilsales

Grow up...

Some boys kiss me, some boys hug me
    I think they're okay
    If they don't give me proper credit
    I just walk away

They can beg and they can plead
    But they can't see the light, that's right, that's right
    'Cause the boy with the cold hard cash
    Is always Mister Right

'Cause we are living in a material world
    And I am a material girl
    You know that we are living in a material world
    And I am a material girl

• Advertisement

robbiek01 wrote: »
    I don't know it hasn't happened yet but if my neighbour was running a garage from his house I wouldn’t be grudge him a living as long as it's not blocking your access there is not much you can do

There is enough that can be done.

Some boys kiss me, some boys hug me
    I think they're okay
    If they don't give me proper credit
    I just walk away

They can beg and they can plead
    But they can't see the light, that's right, that's right
    'Cause the boy with the cold hard cash
    Is always Mister Right

'Cause we are living in a material world
    And I am a material girl
    You know that we are living in a material world
    And I am a material girl

Rest the brain cell, do! And stop with the Shylock rubbish. You're not clever and it's boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Northernrobm

All joking aside. There is a nuisence law in Ireland. This is a private nuisence and is stopping the OP from enjoying their land. personally if it was me i would approach the neighbour and if that was unsuccessful'd report it. I go mad when someone parks a van on the street in front of my house so i can only imagine how you feel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 snakeoilsales

Rest the brain cell, do! And stop with the Shylock rubbish. You're not clever and it's boring.

I see that I touched a nerve - otherwise, why would you report to personal abuse.

Enjoy your BBQ this summer...

I see that I touched a nerve - otherwise, why would you report to personal abuse.

Enjoy your BBQ this summer...

Um. Get your facts right. I DIDN'T report you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

I think common sense applies here. If the neighbour is working on cars inside a garage on his own property and he's not making loads of noise then fair dues. If his driveway is practically on the street and there are cars everywhere then yeah that's a problem. I assume the neighbour has his own car then that is being parked along the road, possibly taking up spaces needed by others. And you don't really want oil and other rubbish draining down into your street and drains, god knows what kind of trouble that might cause later on. I don't run a hairdressers in my front garden so i don't expect a neighbour to run a garage in his!

you'd think with some of the commenters on here that a desire to live in a clean and quiet neighborhood is the height of arrogance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭.red.

I know a guy who lives in the city but burns real coal instead of the smokeless stuff. Should i report him for it? Im torn over what to do about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

All joking aside. There is a nuisence law in Ireland. This is a private nuisence and is stopping the OP from enjoying their land. personally if it was me i would approach the neighbour and if that was unsuccessful'd report it. I go mad when someone parks a van on the street in front of my house so i can only imagine how you feel

There is no nuisance law in Ireland and one is not entitled to private parking on the street outside one's house. It is a pubic street with public parking and open to all comers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

My parent's next door neighbour is a mechanic but sometimes he might work on a car in his drive at the weekend/evening etc. When he moved in a few years ago he mentioned to neighbours that he'd occasionally be doing this. No one bats an eyelid. There's no dismantled cars sitting on the driveway for weeks though and the noise is never disruptive. It depends on the kind of people you're dealing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Stenth

There is a difference between running a business and being a nuisance. I run a business from my apartment and I don't think my neighbours would have any right to complain (unless I disturb them by typing too loudly on my computer at 3 AM).

If someone constantly works on cars in his front drive, you might have a right to complain when it disturbs you. Does it really matter if he's working on his own cars or on cars belonging to friends or customers?

Stenth wrote: »
    There is a difference between running a business and being a nuisance. I run a business from my apartment and I don't think my neighbours would have any right to complain (unless I disturb them by typing too loudly on my computer at 3 AM).

If someone constantly works on cars in his front drive, you might have a right to complain when it disturbs you. Does it really matter if he's working on his own cars or on cars belonging to friends or customers?

its not just the noise its the mess they would make of the place

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Stenth wrote: »
    ... Does it really matter if he's working on his own cars or on cars belonging to friends or customers?
    Yes, as pointed out several times already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

.red. wrote: »
    I know a guy who lives in the city but burns real coal instead of the smokeless stuff. Should i report him for it? Im torn over what to do about it!

Wait until your kids develop emphesema, asthma and respiratory infections, then report him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Oh dear and I've had such a lovely weekend, only to come home and find there are seven reported posts on this thread alone - now that does upset me.

it's now so far off the Cork thread it may as well be in Barbados....now there's my happy thought back again.

I'm closing this thread, opening a very nice bottle of Pinotage and if I'm still as happy in the morning will just slap a few wrists and send a few friendly (!) PMs.

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement