Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport Thread [Mod Warning in First Post]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,109 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Looking at the prices on the Aer Lingus AGP and FAO routes I can't imagine that the routes are doing that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Airbus330

AGP has been fully booked almost every day it operates for the past few weeks! FAO good as well except for that day! Hopefully it's encouraging.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Just something anecdotal. Got back from hols to Fuerteventura to Shannon last week and got talking to a couple who had driven from Cavan to SNN for their holiday flights as they had saved a packet, and their mates had done it the previous week for the same reason

I came back from Majorca (Air Europa-Falcon) in August and was talking to people from Carlow and Wexford on our flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Balf

got talking to a couple who had driven from Cavan to SNN for their holiday flights as they had saved a packet, and their mates had done it the previous week for the same reason
    Sitting beside them for four and a half hours, and you didn't notice them peeling an orange in their pocket.

• Advertisement

August UK Routes (2014 in bracket)

LGW 10954 (11048)
    LHR 22989 (24092)
    STN 21649 (21518)
    BHX 3146 (4690)
    MAN 10495 (6579)

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

if the timing of the LHR route was earlier in the morning, they would capture more business customers.....its a big problem arriving into LHR at 10AM, always delays vs when it used to be 7.30, cant do London in a day now either, have to stay overnight and makes connectivity to the rest of the world mopre difficult, i want to support SNN, but more often than not, im finding myself driving to Dublin instead, id definitely use it more if they brought back the earlier slot to LHR

Perhaps with the IAG takeover the early flight will return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

The UK Airport Provisional Statistics for August.

The overall total UK figures are down -10.5% as against the same month from last year.

362912.png

Turkish Airlines Cargo Operating IST-SNN-ATL by the looks of it the evening (landed at SNN at 11:16pm, took off again 25mins ago)

Will this become a regular thing?

• Advertisement

Thomson Airways flight 797 from Montego Bay Jamaica to Birmingham diverted to Shannon this morning.

Reason for diversion unknown.

** Update **

Just received an info that the crew had exceeded their hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Aer Lingus have released some of Cork s16 and FAO has 4 weekly W service and AGP 3 weekly.

Would be very surprised if they increased SNN services, personally expect DUB will be seeing some of those.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Aer Lingus have released some of Cork s16 and FAO has 4 weekly W service and AGP 3 weekly.

Would be very surprised if they increased SNN services, personally expect DUB will be seeing some of those.

The days of the flights are also interesting.
    W patterns are as follows

Monday-Faro
    Tuesday-Malaga
    Wednesday-Faro
    Thursday-Malaga
    Friday-Faro
    Saturday-Malaga
    Sunday-Faro

Again FAO from SNN overlaps on 3 of those days, but Malaga overlaps on none.

Well they can give Ryanair a run for their money if they like considering they are only flying to FAO and AGP at 2(?) pw next summer?

Well they can give Ryanair a run for their money if they like considering they are only flying to FAO and AGP at 2(?) pw next summer?

Ryanair are flying to FAO at 3pw next summer and at 2pw for Malaga, although June/July peaks are possible like this year.

Saw Aer Lingus saying on Twitter today that none of the summer schedule has been finalised and will be released in a couple of weeks

I see june CSO stats are out for anyone interested. Highlights include Malaga up 25% on 2014....

The CSO statistics for June are out.

The North American passengers are now up by +4.4% (January - June).

363487.png

According to a respectable journalist a Cork-Boston route is going to be announced imminently.

Will be interesting to see the impact if any on the SNN service and if the airline is/not Aer Lingus how could it affect restoration of 767 in 2016.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    According to a respectable journalist a Cork-Boston route is going to be announced imminently.

Will be interesting to see the impact if any on the SNN service and if the airline is/not Aer Lingus how could it affect restoration of 767 in 2016.

Good luck to Cork, let's see the prices and timing of the route and see if precleareance actually makes a difference to customers before we start digging the grave for Shannon.

I'm not sure we want the 767 back in Shannon, the reviews were awful. Is the extra few pax for SNN worth the quality decrease in the service?

• Advertisement

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Good luck to Cork, let's see the prices and timing of the route and see if precleareance actually makes a difference to customers before we start digging the grave for Shannon.

I'm not sure we want the 767 back in Shannon, the reviews were awful. Is the extra few pax for SNN worth the quality decrease in the service?

Indeed but "cost" will win for most people over anything else. Will be interesting to see as I expect from an outbound prospective SNN would be important for Cork more than Dublin.

Norweign Air are operating it which I can't see having any major impact given what was stated above. Most people from Cork travelled to Dublin to fly to Boston anyway. Wonder what type of aircraft they'll use on that..hardly a 737?

Airbus330 wrote: »
    Norweign Air are operating it which I can't see having any major impact given what was stated above. Most people from Cork travelled to Dublin to fly to Boston anyway. Wonder what type of aircraft they'll use on that..hardly a 737?

Numbers maybe not but you may see yield slide especially if it's a 787 service.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,039 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Looking at Norwegian fares from London Gatwick to Boston, they are offering excellent business fares, so they will affect the yield if they attract business travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭knockon

Hadn't heard that...IFE & inflight service etc?

zweton wrote: »
    any name on the technology manufacturing facility?
    Deagol wrote: »
    I suspect this is the GE Sensing facility extension they are talking about. It's going from c.33,000sqft to c.100,000sqft and work started a couple of weeks ago.
    It’s confirmed!

Shannon Commercial Properties commences €6m project to triple size of GE Measurement & Control facility in the Shannon Free Zone. (Shannon Airport)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

It’s confirmed!

Shannon Commercial Properties commences €6m project to triple size of GE Measurement & Control facility in the Shannon Free Zone. (Shannon Airport)

It was confirmed 4 weeks ago when they started hauling earth.

Cork-Boston/Barcelona 4-5 weekly form May 2016 and New York from 2017. All B738 so the impact may not be major.

Wouldn't surprise me if Ryanair suddenly see a need for BCN out of SNN or even ORK.

Hmm, BCN out of SNN would be interesting, that would leave EI and DY out of ORK.

Guaranteed Vueling will steer clear in that case.
    Should there be no business class on the ORK route I can't see it affecting the EI yield from SNN much.

• Advertisement

Hmm, BCN out of SNN would be interesting, that would leave EI and DY out of ORK.

Guaranteed Vueling will steer clear in that case.
    Should there be no business class on the ORK route I can't see it affecting the EI yield from SNN much.

Don't think it will be carrying any freight either which is not insignificant on SNN-BOS

Advertisement