Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport Thread [Mod Warning in First Post]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Ryanair should not be allowed do that. I think Knock should be closed or converted to an airfield for training. Shannon is the main airport for the West. Don't really need 2 of them. Knock will never reach Shannon numbers. Ryanair should not worry about prices as they are pure rich it should not bother them.

No they shouldn't be allowed do that. The only way to stop it is for airports not to participate. Knock could have been built in a far better location yes, but it's built now and probably won't close any time soon.
    Ryanair are a LCC, of course they will worry about fees. They make a lot of money switching airports to get good deals, why should they stop and let their competitors catch up?

I did work there. You dont know me. You have no proof about me. This is not a topic for this thread. Move back to Shannon Topic.

I may know you. Carnacalla is not a word associated to me nor is it my name, its actually an address from a friends house that I quite liked.

You made it a topic, so why not argue it? You can't go making up things, doesnt work like that. My main reason for completely doubting your credibility was that the article stated routes would start in September 2015, not be announced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭stevielenihan

Carnacalla wrote: »
    No they shouldn't be allowed do that. The only way to stop it is for airports not to participate. Knock could have been built in a far better location yes, but it's built now and probably won't close any time soon.
    Ryanair are a LCC, of course they will worry about fees. They make a lot of money switching airports to get good deals, why should they stop and let their competitors catch up?

They cant keep pulling out of airports just because of that. I will be advising Shannon not to participate. I like Ryanair but I just dont like the way they require cheap bases everywhere they go.

I may know you. Carnacalla is not a word associated to me nor is it my name, its actually an address from a friends house that I quite liked.

You made it a topic, so why not argue it? You can't go making up things, doesnt work like that. My main reason for completely doubting your credibility was that the article stated routes would start in September 2015, not be announced.

I did see an article about that. MOL said it when he welcomed the 13th million passenger thought Shannon. He said a possible new destation Might be Copeanhagan. May I ask how you may know me?

Ryanair can and will continue to pull out of Airports and Shannon have already entered that game. They will increase it by the routes your "friend" Michael will announce. Ryanair are only back in Shannon because of deals they got.

You did see that article, I posted it here either yesterday or the day before.

• Advertisement

Ryanair can and will continue to pull out of Airports and Shannon have already entered that game. They will increase it by the routes your "friend" Michael will announce. Ryanair are only back in Shannon because of deals they got.

You did see that article, I posted it here either yesterday or the day before.

What do you know about me.? plus also take a look at this.http://www.google.ie/url?q=http://www.clarepeople.com/2014/12/04/oleary-no-fool-as-ryanair-announces-more-routes-from-shannon/&sa=U&ei=R4A2VeatG4HtaPzNgOgD&ved=0CCUQFjAD&usg=AFQjCNEtleO1jQYIFNL0LaSKOK0Hoz7E3w

What do you know about me.?

That's a fairly unusual way to avoid being caught out. Its obvious at this stage you don't know Michael O'Leary and have limited knowledge about Shannon.

I don't know you Stevie, but since you have your name on the website people may know you.

That's a fairly unusual way to avoid being caught out. Its obvious at this stage you don't know Michael O'Leary and have limited knowledge about Shannon.

I don't know you Stevie, but since you have your name on the website people may know you.

Stevie is not my real name. I wont revel my real name. I do know MOL and yes I do have Knowledge of Shannon. I dont think you have knowledge of Shannon do you?

Stevie is not my real name. I wont revel my real name. I do know MOL and yes I do have Knowledge of Shannon. I dont think you have knowledge of Shannon do you?

Your not convincing at all. You thought I knew you a minute ago by your name! You don't know MOL and you certainly don't have a knowledge of the operations at Shannon, of course you will learn alot from being on these fourms, but your not transparent. You dont work at Shannon, and your not tricking us.

Anyway that's all the issues discussed so I see no need to continue this discussion. Im late for my beauty session with my great friend Willie Walsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

.....am enjoying this!!! Trolling at its best!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Mod Note

I've absolutely no idea why a former Labour leader and a retired Bishop are being brought into a discussion about Shannon Airport ;)

Lets move on folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I have a question to ask.

Are Shannon if they really wanted to in a position to give lower handling fee's to another LCC in order to reduce Ryanair's monopoly. Like as much as i like ryanair isint there whole business based on cheap handling fee's and what not. so if airports where to raise the cost that would significantly impact ryanairs monopoly over europe? like im just trying to get a picture to understand how the Likes of Ryanair can kick out another airline out of an airport when its the airport that has the final say whether they are allowed to fly from their airport. Why cant shannon approach the likes of Lufthansa's Germanwings and do deals with them. Shannon managment can play a dangerous game and then give more flights to Ryanair but thats stupid if they've learned anything from the past... dont give one airline a monopoly at an airport.

Jhcx wrote: »

Are Shannon if they really wanted to in a position to give lower handling fee's to another LCC in order to reduce Ryanair's monopoly. Like as much as i like ryanair isint there whole business based on cheap handling fee's and what not. so if airports where to raise the cost that would significantly impact ryanairs monopoly over europe? like im just trying to get a picture to understand how the Likes of Ryanair can kick out another airline out of an airport when its the airport that has the final say whether they are allowed to fly from their airport. Why cant shannon approach the likes of Lufthansa's Germanwings and do deals with them. Shannon managment can play a dangerous game and then give more flights to Ryanair but thats stupid if they've learned anything from the past... dont give one airline a monopoly at an airport.

They have tried, but little has materialised and they ended up being forced off the route by Ryanair. Eg: Easy jet serving SNN-LGW. Aer Lingus serving SNN-CDG.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Ryanair have no problem paying full fees on routes on a predatory basis to chase another carrier off then close off the route themselves

Germanwings were close to a deal with SNN but apparently the terms they wanted were far less favourable for SNN even in comparison to what Ryanair would look for!

They have tried, but little has materialised and they ended up being forced off the route by Ryanair. Eg: Easy jet serving SNN-LGW. Aer Lingus serving SNN-CDG.

is that not Shannons fault. for allowing FR to take the route when they offered better price than EI and EZY? Obviously you would be a fool to turn away a better price but With the likes of FR the long term stability is not there

is that not Shannons fault. for allowing FR to take the route when they offered better price than EI and EZY? Obviously you would be a fool to turn away a better price but With the likes of FR the long term stability is not there

No, its not. Ryanair would have paid full costs on them routes and not have got discounted rates. For other routes, yes Shannon would have discounted rates but Ryanair probably paid more for those routes than EI and EZY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭GCU Flexible Demeanour

I did work there.
    Somehow I knew it would be this easy.
    18-06-2013, 22:45

I would love to do work experience in the terminal building at Shannon.

Somehow I knew it would be this easy.

Thanks ;)

No, its not. Ryanair would have paid full costs on them routes and not have got discounted rates. For other routes, yes Shannon would have discounted rates but Ryanair probably paid more for those routes than EI and EZY.

Exactly is it not the fault of Snn giving the monopoly back to FR when they offered a better price. obviously i know its all about business and your not going to turn away a better offer.

Was there a diversion for a 777 at shannon this evening? just after leaving for jfk 181

• Advertisement

Was there a diversion for a 777 at shannon this evening? just after leaving for jfk 181

Diversion at 22:06 due to a medical emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Jet Diverts To Shannon (Clare.FM)

A transatlantic jet has diverted to Shannon Airport following a medical emergency on board.

The British Airways operated Boeing 777 was travelling from London Heathrow to JFK last night when it diverted to Shannon Airport, landing at around 10 o'clock.

An ambulance was waiting for the stricken patient on board, and it's understood they were transported to hospital.

The plane then resume its journey and left for New York just after midnight.

Looking at the Flight Aware tracker below, the British Airway fight must have been a good 1,000 km away from Shannon before it diverted.

• Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

Thanks ;)

Our stevie also claims to be a Ryanair Captain! Promoted after only a year, He must be great mates with Mick!

Does anyone know whether the 767 Aer Lingus are leasing in will be based in Shannon or Boston?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AerRyan

Had to book SNN-JFK-ATL with delta this year again. Hopefully someday we may have a direct SNN-ATL route again, I remember the old route doing well.

AerRyan wrote: »
    Had to book SNN-JFK-ATL with delta this year again. Hopefully someday we may have a direct SNN-ATL route again, I remember the old route doing well.

Would there still be a market nowadays? Can a 757 even make the distance to Atlanta? Without these I doubt a route would succeed. I'd say it'd be a long shot though, considering the DUB-ATL is seasonal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Would there still be a market nowadays? Can a 757 even make the distance to Atlanta? Without these I doubt a route would succeed. I'd say it'd be a long shot though, considering the DUB-ATL is seasonal.

767 would be required.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Airbus330

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    767 would be required.

No it wouldn't. A 757 was operating the route up until it was ended.

Airbus330 wrote: »
    No it wouldn't. A 757 was operating the route up until it was ended.

Anything to put down hopes of a service isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Airbus330

Believe we touched on this before ;) The 757 operated the SNN-ATL route up until it ended. Never know, if their JFK service performs well again this year there might be a chance.

However it would be great to see a West Coast route (via a fifth freedom right approved carrier..)

Advertisement