Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport Thread [Mod Warning in First Post]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,307 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

McSween wrote: »
    On plane finder the fr 1344 to Lanzarote appears to be using a Sukhoi SSJ-100. Never heard of it. The flight was delayed about 5 hours. Anybody know what happened?

I believe the ssj 100 is miss reported. I read an article which stated that this aircraft uses a transponder code very similar to a ryanair jet and somewhere along the line there has been an issue and numerous flights have been mis reported. Sounds crazy to me but that is what i read and im certainly not aware of ryanair using ssj 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

McSween wrote: »
    On plane finder the fr 1344 to Lanzarote appears to be using a Sukhoi SSJ-100. Never heard of it. The flight was delayed about 5 hours. Anybody know what happened?

It's an error, problems occur in the reg reporting.

The aircraft in question is a Ryanair 737-800, which had a technical issue this morning and Ryanairs learjet flew in with a part for it. It's now back in working order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Shn99 wrote: »

Mr Varadkar said that in 2012, there were 40 aviation related companies employing 1,600 in Shannon and this has grown today to 55 companies employing 2,500.

+900 Jobs :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭snotboogie

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Cork has gotten a few pulls routes granted, however Wow air to Iceland has failed, CSA to Prague never started and Cityjet to London city was a massive failure.

Cityjet failed but was hardly a "massive failure" especially in comparison to Wow. It was one of the busiest routes to the UK and was picking up some steam when it was cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Had a quick look on the Lufthansa website. currently 99/136 seats reserved on the FRA-SNN on the 28th of April, 63 on the SNN-FRA. Getting off to a better start than last season.

• Advertisement

Had a quick look on the Lufthansa website. currently 99/136 seats reserved on the FRA-SNN on the 28th of April, 63 on the SNN-FRA. Getting off to a better start than last season.

Be very weary of using this as a gauge of success, airlines often don't release certain seats for sale for a multitude of reasons, we've seen cases of Aer Lingus doing it. Often without any pattern.

http://www.clare.fm/news/blow-shannon-united-airlines-scales-back-newark-service/

Further cuts to Newark, ending on October 27th this year.

That makes it de facto a summer season route.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Disappointing cuts to Newark, and the Norwegian increases don't really make up for it.

It is sad to see an airport like Shannon now down to just a year round Boston service with a full service airline and New York only covered year round by a LCC, but that's the way the world is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

http://www.clare.fm/news/blow-shannon-united-airlines-scales-back-newark-service/

Further cuts to Newark, ending on October 27th this year.

This time next year they will be blaming low passenger numbers as the reason they pull out completely unfortunately.

• Advertisement

I wonder was the 100,000 passenger mark, United's red line?

439646.png

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭knockon

I wonder was the 100,000 passenger mark, United's red line?

439646.png

757-200....170 pax approx.
    Aug 2010 - CSO figures has15228 pax.

By my calcualtion SNN-EWR daily service at 100% load factor gives 5270 for the month. How is the figure of 15228 arrived at? Its a 757 daily service for over 10 years.

knockon wrote: »

By my calcualtion SNN-EWR daily service at 100% load factor gives 5270 for the month. How is the figure of 15228 arrived at? Its a 757 daily service for over 10 years.

Firstly, each flight is a return flight, so 170 x 2.

In 2010 there was 10x weekly flights.

knockon wrote: »

Apparently for one or two years they went double daily in the summer via DUB.

See post 3972.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Firstly, each flight is a return flight, so 170 x 2.

In 2010 there was 10x weekly flights.

Was this 10x weekly just in June-August?

marno21 wrote: »
    Was this 10x weekly just in June-August?

Was just the summer yes, not sure exactly how much of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

The thing with that double daily flight was that it originated in Dublin, stopped in Shannon so they could clear CBP and it picked up a few passengers in Shannon.

That was certainly the case in summer 06,07 and 08 anyway.

Flight diverts to Shannon after captain fell ill (Clare Herald)

A transatlantic flight has diverted to Shannon Airport after the captain became incapacitated.

Norwegian Air Shuttle flight DY-7042 was travelling from Florida to Copenhagen at the time. There were 266 passengers and crew on board.

The co-pilot declared a medical emergency reporting that the a ‘crew member’ had fallen ill. The airline has since confirmed it was the captain.

Any 2017 figures yet?

Nothing yet. SNN were the last to release their stats last year too. Although I believe it was around the 17th-18th of Jan

• Advertisement

Nothing yet. SNN were the last to release their stats last year too. Although I believe it was around the 17th-18th of Jan

29th JAN last year. I doubt they'll be in any rush to release the bad news this year.

Certainly not. Unless something drastically changes, I dont see them reaching the 2021 target of 2.5M PPA that they had envisaged on the masterplan at the time of seperaton

Clare Fianna Fáil TD Timmy Dooley speaking on Clare FM "In the business plan that was provided at the time of separation, within 12 months [Jan 13 - Jan 14] passenger numbers were expected to have increased by 500,000. 5 years on, They have only increased by 300,000"

That went well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

Clare Fianna Fáil TD Timmy Dooley speaking on Clare FM "In the business plan that was provided at the time of separation, within 12 months [Jan 13 - Jan 14] passenger numbers were expected to have increased by 500,000. 5 years on, They have only increased by 300,000"

That went well...

The great Timmy Dooley. When Aer Lingus went to pull the Heathrow slots from Shannon remind me how he voted in The Dail on it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

Flight diverts to Shannon after captain fell ill (Clare Herald)

A transatlantic flight has diverted to Shannon Airport after the captain became incapacitated.

Norwegian Air Shuttle flight DY-7042 was travelling from Florida to Copenhagen at the time. There were 266 passengers and crew on board.

The co-pilot declared a medical emergency reporting that the a ‘crew member’ had fallen ill. The airline has since confirmed it was the captain.

I noticed it coming in just b/4 10.00am ....... certainly not a 737 800 ..... 787? ...
    Couldn't pay much attention .... I was driving at the time

hobie14 wrote: »
    I noticed it coming in just b/4 10.00am ....... certainly not a 737 800 ..... 787? ...
    Couldn't pay much attention .... I was driving at the time

It was a 787-8, LN-LNE

Four U.S. Government aircraft transiting through Shannon yesterday.

"sam469" usaf c-32a 99-0003
    "sam45" usaf c-32a 09-0016
    "sam18" usaf c-32a 09-0017
    "sam414" usaf c-32a 98-0001

Lanzarote going to 3pw with Ryanair for June and July, operating MON, THURS, FRI, should help alleviate the pain of losing the extra 2 Malaga rotations.

Planning permission for the refurbishment works In the terminal have been given the go ahead by Clare CoCo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 rinasha

when is the train line to shannon opening

Advertisement