Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport Thread [Mod Warning in First Post]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,690 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

There'll be a Lapland Charter this year

CityJet operating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Matthew Thomas is clearly setting the bar low for his time in charge anyway - promise nothing and then you can't be told that you failed when there's no growth. Smart move from him from a self preservation perspective, but not exactry encouraging for the airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    CityJet operating.

SSJ?????

Shannon757 wrote: »
    CityJet operating.

SSJ?????

No idea but suspect so.....will that be first visit to SNN?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

No idea but suspect so.....will that be first visit to SNN?

Nope, flies there several times a week on what I'd guess is training, think it operated a Lourdes charter too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

The UK Airport Provisional Statistics for May and June are now complete.

The overall total UK figures for May and June, are up +9.8% and +10.7% respectively as against the same months from last year.

397588.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The airport won best marketing of airport award at the World routes awards today. If only there were a few new routes too!

http://www.shannonairport.ie/gns/about-us/latest-news/latest-news/16-09-26/Shannon_Airport_wins_second_global_title_for_Best_Marketing_of_Airports_in_three_years.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Deagol

25 minutes to get through security today for a routine flight to LHR. Having serious thoughts about altering my future travel plans. Heard many people grumbling about it, personally I think they need to abandon this combined US / everywhere else security trial quickly before they give the airport a bad name.

Deagol wrote: »
    25 minutes to get through security today for a routine flight to LHR. Having serious thoughts about altering my future travel plans. Heard many people grumbling about it, personally I think they need to abandon this combined US / everywhere else security trial quickly before they give the airport a bad name.

Are they not only using one booth and given passengers the option to test it?

• Advertisement

Are they not only using one booth and given passengers the option to test it?
    Nope, they are forcing every single pax to go through a back scatter unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

Nope, they are forcing every single pax to go through a back scatter unit.

What's a Back Scatter unit? .....

July - 2,9%
    August + 2.5%

Jet diverts to Shannon with ill passenger (Clare Herald)

A transatlantic jet diverted to Shannon Airport this afternoon after a passenger was reported to have suffered a heart attack.

Air Canada flight AC-895 was travelling from Milan in Italy to Toronto, Canada and was about to cross the south east coast of Ireland when the crew declared an emergency.

There were 194 passengers a crew of 9 on board the Boeing 767-300 jet.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Airbus330

Interesting Delta announcement on Dub-BOS next summer. Wonder will we ever see SNN-ATL every ever reintroduced?

I see that Lufthansa's logo is now on the former Aer Lingus hangar. :)

Parting Out?

See previous posts 753, 435, 430.

Delta's JFK service appears to be on a 757 from now on (until it ends at the end of this month.)

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Delta's JFK service appears to be on a 757 from now on (until it ends at the end of this month.)

yay

Santos Dumont announces exciting new collaboration with University of Limerick (Santos Dumont)

Santos Dumont, the market leading technical and commercial aviation firm, announces a key lecturing partnership at the University of Limerick (UL). The partnership will see key members of the Santos Dumont team participate in a number of programmes to provide expertise on aircraft/engine leasing for the aeronautical engineering and aircraft maintenance & airworthiness engineering programmes at UL.

This unique collaboration will see members of the Santos Dumont team lecture and deliver key technical insight into the areas of
    • redelivery management,
    • aircraft due diligence,
    • financial analysis & pricing,
    • asset management and
    • engine management.
    Through these lectures, students will benefit from the diverse blend of experience and knowledge that exists within the Santos Dumont team

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

hobie14 wrote: »
    What's a Back Scatter unit? .....
    The body scanner machines. Though that's technically an out of date term as they dont use back scatter radiation any more because of personal privacy concerns and use millimeter wave radio waves instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Balf

Beautifully shot, but not exactly on message.

http://k00223369.blogspot.ie/

I had the idea of doing a piece on Shannon Airport as I find the location extremely interesting. A once thriving location which is now desolate. <...>

I grew up in Shannon and so the airport has always been a big part of my life (even though I have rarely used it to go anywhere).

<...> nowadays one of the main functions of this small little airport on the west coast of Ireland is to act as a pit stop for American troops on their way to the Middle East.

<...> we had originally toyed with the idea of showing busy shots of the airport to counteract the desolate shots. Unfortunately, even though we went to film at the airport’s busiest time, we didn’t find enough busy shots to juxtapose it with desolation so we decided to go with pure desolation <...>

You'd sware the number of movements was cut by 90%.

Not at all near the truth. It was a little busier a few years ago, but not extremely so that there was aircraft landing every 5 minutes at all hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Masala

A bit unfair on Shannon.

Sure ... I could shoot the same thing in Dublin Airport departures at 7pm-8pm at night. Can't understand how he managed to miss a ball of flights while he was there.

talk about going somewhere with an agenda and then making sure it fitted that agenda....pure trash.

That was made with no intention of showing how busy Shannon really is.

Balf wrote: »
    Beautifully shot, but not exactly on message.

An IT student, enough said!

Any regulars on here actually work in the airport? PM me if you could be so kind!

July - 2,9%
    August + 2.5%

There is a partial release of UK statistics for July, Heathrow had a +20% increase in passengers to 27.668.

I wonder what routes contributed to an overall drop of -2.9% for July?

Manchester, . . . .?

There is a partial release of UK statistics for July, Heathrow had a +20% increase in passengers to 27.668.

I wonder what routes contributed to an overall drop of -2.9% for July?

Manchester, . . . .?

The actual passenger loss was circa 7,000, Manchester likely had a impact, few less French charters as well. Not sure what else. Less diversions (assume they count them?)

• Advertisement

Has Eirtech Aviation been rebranded as International Aerospace Coatings?

I also see two former Transaero 747s are parked at Shannon after been repainted by Eirtech in their larger Dublin hangar.

Were there not proposals for designated parking space to cater for aircraft during change of lease, off season etc, etc?

Advertisement