Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Badger Set

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭BillyBoy13

By the way... Im gonna leave it at this until I can get more information otherwise we will just end up going around in circles all night arguing about who said what and still not getting anywhere.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

OK I think I'm going to lock this thread. It's just going to keep drifting more off topic the longer its open.

In response to the OP's original request I highlighted that you need a license from the NPWS to photograph protected species. The majority of our mammals and all of our birds are protected species.

I will echo what Joseph Balls said, and say that photographers should be familiar with the laws with regards photography in Ireland and if they are taking pictures of wild animals or birds they should do their research BEFORE going out to take the pictures, and apply for the relevant license if necessary. Just like a good hunter should research the laws regarding wildlife, firearms etc. In my experience there are more hunters familiar with the laws relevant to them than there are wildlife photographers.

Billboy13 in your statement about your understanding of the law from an NARGC meeting you stressed that you weren't fully sure. I am confident both from my own knowledge of wildlife laws, and from the experience Srameen has, that what you said/heard is incorrect. In light of the knowledge that your statement was not true, I'm sure you can see how damaging spreading that kind of information when you're not sure can be.

Feel free to PM me if you find a section of the law that contradicts us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement