Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aspire BDC

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Thanks for the advice Green Hornet! :)

Since writing my last comment, less then an hour ago, the second Mini Aspire BDC that I got this morning has completely stopped working. First it gurgled, then it leaked a bit, and then nothing.... It didn't even last 12 hours. So, that's two Mini Aspire BDC, and one Aspire head within the week, and none of them working. I officially give up! :(

I'll try out the submarine tank, fingers crossed that will work. The cartomizers that I have don't have a hole in them, do I have to buy ones with a hole? Or do I have to buy a hole puncher or something?

Thanks again for the advice Green Hornet, I'm at the end of my tether here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Actually, you have a couple of options.

You could buy the Boge F17 tank and F17 cartos, the cartos come pre punched. I think the F17 cartos are a little narrower than the standard Boges so just keep that in mind if you ever bought a different tank. Think they're available at

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/boge-cartomizer-tank-p-349.html

You could buy a tank and standard Boges but you'd need a punch and punch them yourself. That gives more flexibility for higher/lower VG etc.

Thank you, I really appreciate your advice. I'm about to throw my hat at the whole thing the way I feel tonight. I'll deffo give the tank a go. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I know. It can be hard. Believe it or not, I started 3 years ago and it was even worse back then. Much worse. Much much worse.....

Back then, almost all disposables REQUIRED fiddling just to work. When they did work, the flavour and vapour was nowhere near as good as modern devices. Batteries were rubbish too. You really needed to want to quit smoking.

Rebuildables weren't really on the scene and those that were cost a fortune.

The first rebuildables like the Clockworks RDA/RTA and Bulli atties were a bit of a game changer. Cartos were a big game changer too. Cartos led to the development of the carto tank and they were all the rage for a long time.

Clearo's were absolutely terrible. They needed a big syringe to fill them and they leaked like the titanic and would cause batteries to short very regularly.

Stick with it though, it is the better option over smoking but it can be frustrating.

I gave up on disposables though a long time ago. They are a bit of a waste to be honest. That said, there are many people out there who use the pre filled cartos and use them with an ego battery and just chuck the carto when its dry. It works for them so if it works....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Can't get on with carts.

The 2 aspire tanks I got are still going, using the same original coil heads. I gave them a rinse out once. The mini one has gone a bit lob-sided for some reason. When I fill it and tighten back up, it looks crooked inside, maybe I'm over tightening?

Must get some spare coils, but still, for the price, so far so good.

• Advertisement

Yes Green Hornet, I imagine it was tough finding decent e-cig stuff three years ago. :eek: At least things are improving now, there seems to be shops and web sites popping up all the time.

The first place that I bought e-liquid, when I first started 6 months ago, was in town in the shop Smokedifferent. I found them really helpful and the let me test everything before I bought it. But I hadn't been into town since before Christmas, so I was buying stuff on-line without testing it first.

I had to go into town today, believe it or not I was buying 200 cigarettes for my Boyfriend. All of my e-cig stuff broke last night, so I was planning on taking a few packs of smokes for myself. But thankfully I dropped into Smokedifferent, the lads there weren't impressed when they saw me with 200 Mayfair. They let me test loads of e-liquids and tanks, and I managed to pick up some really good stuff. So, I'm back up and running and as happy as Larry!

In future I won't ever buy e-liquids without testing them. I am so fussy when it comes to flavors, I have bottles of e-liquid that I bought, used once and left in the press. But thankfully today, after tasting loads of flavors, I found my new favorite e-liquid. :)

So, I won't be smoking anymore cigarettes, yesterday was just a blip! :) But really appreciate you advising me, Green Hornet, while I was having my mini melt down last night! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I received the BCC to BDC adaptor yesterday (thanks e-smoke).

Although it says it is for the Davide, it fits the protank nicely, as you can see from the attached. It's better quality than I expected and doesn't look out of place at all.

I like the aspire heads, tempted to ditch my kanger stuff and just use these from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deisedav

I am a big fan of the aspire clearomizers, have about five of them and keep them in my pockets so i can change what im vaping pretty quickly. I have never had an interest in rebuildables etc so i find these suit me the finest. There have been a lot of comments about bad heads on this thread which i dont understand, i think the problem there might be that the voltage must be too high for the atty heads. I order all my replacement heads from e-smokeireland.ie and find they are great to deal with. The set up i use is the 1.8 ohm heads running at 3.7 volts, lots of vapour and great flovour. I would agee the hol liquids are harsh on the heads but they still last a week and sometimes more, same with the sweet liquids. Thats my 2 cents worth, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

As they're dual-coils they're supposed to be able for higher voltages.
    The wattage you're running at is just about right for a single coil.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭eirewhite

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    I actually meant which version tank did you have. I have tried too so far. This particular one http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056339286, seems to have a tighter draw that the Vivi Nova version. Of course that's just my own opinion but I personally like the looser draw of the vivi nova version.
    Only getting back to this thread now. Its the maxi bdc that i have. I have a couple of them. Ive gone through around 4 heads and peformance has been consistant through out. i have the vivi nova one too and its brilliant. Im almost getting to like it more than my iclear 30s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭eirewhite

Quick question. I have an old head for one of these maxis. It was all gunked up with residue so i thought it might come back to life with a clean? So i rinsed then dry burned and repeated that a few times. Anyways i got the coils back like new. All im getting is burnt taste now though. Is it a gonner?

Was that response for me grindle, if so what votage would you suggest. I find at 3.7 volts you get a lot longer out of the battery without having to charge but that set up works grand for me but might not be to everyones liking. cheers

deisedav wrote: »
    Was that response for me grindle, if so what votage would you suggest. I find at 3.7 volts you get a lot longer out of the battery without having to charge but that set up works grand for me but might not be to everyones liking. cheers

Yep, meant for you. Keeping the power low will keep battery for longer so don't deviate if it works for you.
    Most single-coil clearos seem to prefer 8-9w, most dual-coil clearos seem to top out at 12-13w judging from comments on the internet (whereas if all things were equal a dual-coil should be able for 16-18w).
    Some limitation in the build of those dual-coil heads for whatever reason. I think you might be running the dual-coils to get the same amount of vapour as most would a single coil, whereas others are expecting to be able to pump the power up and increase their everything-production which bashes into the limits of the Aspire heads and leads them to say "Bad heads".
    Dual-coils made of thin wire in a fiddly space are always going to be an iffy prospect when hand-built at speed in China.

grindle wrote: »
    Yep, meant for you. Keeping the power low will keep battery for longer so don't deviate if it works for you.
    Most single-coil clearos seem to prefer 8-9w, most dual-coil clearos seem to top out at 12-13w judging from comments on the internet (whereas if all things were equal a dual-coil should be able for 16-18w).
    Some limitation in the build of those dual-coil heads for whatever reason. I think you might be running the dual-coils to get the same amount of vapour as most would a single coil, whereas others are expecting to be able to pump the power up and increase their everything-production which bashes into the l2imits of the Aspire heads and leads them to say "Bad heads".
    Dual-coils made of thin wire in a fiddly space are always going to be an iffy prospect when hand-built at speed in China.

Ok grindlers, good stuff there i use egos 1300 mah so not much experience on the old vw but id agree that the lads pushing the bollix out of the coils would lead to " bad heads" pretty quickly. I have taken the heads apart just to have a look and the dual coils are very thin indeed. The worst liquid ive found for gunking up/making **** of the coils is banana dreamboat by wingnuts, very nice liquid all the same though. I usually get about a day and a half out of the batteries which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

I have the Aspire Maxi dual coil as well and they work fine with no gurgle or leaks but I found the heads not lasting long enough some would only last 2 days, ok I am quite a heavy vaper but still at the price they should work better, I got over 2 weeks out of the first in the Innokin 30 yolk

EGriff wrote: »
    I've got my eye on that nautilius too, that would keep me going nearly 2 days without a refill. I don't have a 22mm mod to put it on yet though so I might just get the smaller davide version.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/davidebdc.htm

Just ordered one of those bad boys, will post opinion when I get it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

JH_raheny wrote: »
    Just ordered one of those bad boys, will post opinion when I get it

Did you get the Nautilus or the Davide? I have the Davide with a few weeks now and it's great, the 3ml it can fit keeps me going for about 24 hours. I wasn't gonna bother because the maxi bdc was fine but I was in vaporpal getting aspire heads and I saw it on the shelf so I grabbed one.

EGriff wrote: »
    Did you get the Nautilus or the Davide? I have the Davide with a few weeks now and it's great, the 3ml it can fit keeps me going for about 24 hours. I wasn't gonna bother because the maxi bdc was fine but I was in vaporpal getting aspire heads and I saw it on the shelf so I grabbed one.

Got the Nautilus as I'm using the Tesla Mod the big version suits me best, it arrived today so will post a little review tomorrow as I haven't tried it yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

JH_raheny wrote: »
    Got the Nautilus as I'm using the Tesla Mod the big version suits me best, it arrived today so will post a little review tomorrow as I haven't tried it yet
    You'll not be disappointed, a great piece of kit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭supaburger

guys where do you get the coils?
    the cheapest i found so far is at the shop in gardiner str (ecirette.ie or ovale) 5 coils for 10€

• Advertisement

supaburger wrote: »
    guys where do you get the coils?
    the cheapest i found so far is at the shop in gardiner str (ecirette.ie or ovale) 5 coils for 10€

That's a normal/good price. The only way to get cheaper is to order coils from China that may or may not fit your specific clearo, or rebuild the coils yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭supaburger

grindle wrote: »
    That's a normal/good price. The only way to get cheaper is to order coils from China that may or may not fit your specific clearo, or rebuild the coils yourself.
    thanks i been thinking about rebuilding but if im gonna do that might as well get a proper rba or rda

Advertisement