Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aspire BDC

Options
  • 22-01-2014 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭

I've only just come across these, I'm a bit behind on new gadgets in general lately. So forgive me if it's already been discussed a lot.

Anyone tried this range? They have a few different types, that use the same coils afaik. There's a vivi-nova style/size, a mini-vivi style and an ego style.

I've checked a couple of reviews and they're mixed. Some say they experienced gurgling after a few draws, others hail them as being a great device.

Would you recommend them?

I have some in my cart, ready to go, but hesitating.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I think they're great. I've been through 5 or 6 heads in a maxi bdc with no leaks or gurgles. They give loads of vapor and flavor is good. I used mini protanks before this and they were good but they did gurgle a lot.

Some people are having bad luck with the heads but I haven't come across a dud yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

What EGriff said, +1...

I've been using the Aspire BDC for a while now with no issues what so ever.

Lots of vapor, good flavour, easy to maintain, swap out coils etc. & no leaking or gurgling.

I'm eye-balling the Aspire Nautilus at the moment, just waiting on a little performance feedback on them before I commit...pricey at €33 :eek:

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/nautilus.htm

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/nautilushead.htm

I've got my eye on that nautilius too, that would keep me going nearly 2 days without a refill. I don't have a 22mm mod to put it on yet though so I might just get the smaller davide version.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/davidebdc.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

When the heads work people love them more than any other, when they don't people are just as frustrated as they are with other clearos. Some folk have had zero bad heads, others find it's close to 50:50 good:bad with the duals being set up incorrectly and having legs shorting off of eachother.

Edit: weird, when I replied to the thread there were no replies, now there are a few from Internet-aaaaages ago,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Cheers. I might go ahead and order, chance my luck. At worst, it'll end up in the press with all the other troublesome clearo's I bought over the past year or so :)

e-smokeireland seems to be the only site with them atm?

• Advertisement

What's the story with Submarine tanks & Boge XL cartomizers, I have no experience with them at all?

I'm looking for low maintenance 5ml tank set-up.

Are you better running them at 2.7-3.1ohm or 1.9-2.2ohm resistance?

Can you swap out coils rather than rebuilding etc?

I have no experience/confidence in rebuilding coils...please forgive my ignorance, I'm eager to learn :o

Any advice/input appreciated ;)

I hated sub tanks! Maybe I just couldn't get them to work right? I found the ones I got fiddly and annoying to fill and never got a good draw using them.

Just ordered a Kanger pro-tank, as I discovered I had a voucher spare on bestshop, but will probably get the Aspire next.

Cheers. I might go ahead and order, chance my luck. At worst, it'll end up in the press with all the other troublesome clearo's I bought over the past year or so :)

e-smokeireland seems to be the only site with them atm?

Vaperus have them too, they also have this handy lil thing which will let you try out the aspire coils in a protank: http://www.vaperus.ie/accessories/477-bcc-to-bdc-adapter.html

Nice one. will throw that into the order and see which works best. If the BDC coils were better in the protank that would save some monies over time.

That Natilus looks interesting. Not for that price though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

MonstaMash wrote: »
    What's the story with Submarine tanks & Boge XL cartomizers, I have no experience with them at all?

I'm looking for low maintenance 5ml tank set-up.

Are you better running them at 2.7-3.1ohm or 1.9-2.2ohm resistance?

Can you swap out coils rather than rebuilding etc?

I have no experience/confidence in rebuilding coils...please forgive my ignorance, I'm eager to learn :o

Any advice/input appreciated ;)

The RG500 from Fasttech. It's basically a big fat Protank, looks good on the Sigelei 20 as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

I'm loving the Aspire BDC. Have had no problems with them so far whereas with other clearos I encountered leaking/burning taste....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

EGriff wrote: »
    Vaperus have them too, they also have this handy lil thing which will let you try out the aspire coils in a protank: http://www.vaperus.ie/accessories/477-bcc-to-bdc-adapter.html

Have you tried this?

No but its what they used to convert this tank http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/davidebdc.htm to use aspire coils, it originally came with protank coils. The new version gets some great reviews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i4E9fcsBP8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

My lack of success with the Aspire heads is what got me into dripping and mech mods. That's the only good thing about them in my experience!! I got 2 decent heads from about 10!! Frustrating!!

My lack of success with the Aspire heads is what got me into dripping and mech mods. That's the only good thing about them in my experience!! I got 2 decent heads from about 10!! Frustrating!!
    80% failure rate :eek: :eek: :eek:

Would you not return them to the vendor as faulty :confused:

I've purchased 2 so far without any issues...it actually forced my hand into purchasing the Aspire Nautilus I was that happy with them...just my 2 cents!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Some of them heads were free from the vendor because of the trouble I had with my first batch. The second batch I tried were as bad and I haven't bothered with them since.

I wouldn't mind but the first head I used was a glorious vape but I could never replicate that experience unfortunately.

It can be just sheer bad luck. I had terrible problems with with a few atomizers. Like the default ego atty ones you get in the kits. I found them horrible to use. Where others use them hassle free. I also had problems with evods for a while, constant gurgling and leaks. I stayed well away from them for months, then heard they had vastly improved, so gave them one last go. And I would now say they're one of the best standard clearos out there atm.

Not got the aspire yet, should be here tomorrow, will report back then. I have the vivi-nova and the mini type on the way.

I did get my pro-tank II today though, and it's performing very well, thankfully :) Really nice draw, not too airy - like I found the Puri-tank to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭eirewhite

I GOT TWO OF THESE THE OTHER DAY AND I THINK THEY ARE A GREAT VAPE. VERY CONSISTANT AND GOOD FLAVOUR. THE DRAW IS A TINY BIT OF THE LOOSE/AIRY SIDE OF ME THOUGH

eirewhite wrote: »
    I GOT TWO OF THESE THE OTHER DAY AND I THINK THEY ARE A GREAT VAPE. VERY CONSISTANT AND GOOD FLAVOUR. THE DRAW IS A TINY BIT OF THE LOOSE/AIRY SIDE OF ME THOUGH
    WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU? :D;)

Mine arrived since, and I've been trying out both the mini and the 3.5ml nova-type. So far so good, not a bother.

• Advertisement

MonstaMash wrote: »
    WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU? :D;)
    Lol sorry i had most of that typed when i realised caps was on and was too lazy to edit!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Which version do you have? Some are tighter/looser depending on which one.

As a formerly exclusively carto vaper I really like the aspires a lot. Had a terrible time with clearo's when I started vaping first really broke my heart and ended up nearly giving up. I have been using the aspire range pretty much exclusively since the start of December I think and have had very little in the way of issues, no issues with the heads at all that others have reported. Every so often I get a burnt taste, leave it sit for a few minutes and it bounces right back, this isn't a super regular thing though. It's a lot less trouble than carto's, punching, priming etc. It's simple to fill, I have had no leaks, I do get the odd gurgle every now and again but that is more to do with me trying to fill my tank and watch the telly at the same time.

If they can sort out the heads I would have no problem with recommending them wholly to every beginner. It is the easiest and least messy thing out there at the moment.

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Which version do you have? Some are tighter/looser depending on which one.

As a formerly exclusively carto vaper I really like the aspires a lot. Had a terrible time with clearo's when I started vaping first really broke my heart and ended up nearly giving up. I have been using the aspire range pretty much exclusively since the start of December I think and have had very little in the way of issues, no issues with the heads at all that others have reported. Every so often I get a burnt taste, leave it sit for a few minutes and it bounces right back, this isn't a super regular thing though. It's a lot less trouble than carto's, punching, priming etc. It's simple to fill, I have had no leaks, I do get the odd gurgle every now and again but that is more to do with me trying to fill my tank and watch the telly at the same time.

If they can sort out the heads I would have no problem with recommending them wholly to every beginner. It is the easiest and least messy thing out there at the moment.

I have the newer heady with only 2 holes. Think the old had 4. I wouldnt say there way too loose by any means, just the tiniest bit for my liking. In saying that i have a couple of evods too and while they perform pretty good i find them WAY too loose

I have the newer heady with only 2 holes. Think the old had 4. I wouldnt say there way too loose by any means, just the tiniest bit for my liking. In saying that i have a couple of evods too and while they perform pretty good i find them WAY too loose

I actually meant which version tank did you have. I have tried too so far. This particular one http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056339286, seems to have a tighter draw that the Vivi Nova version. Of course that's just my own opinion but I personally like the looser draw of the vivi nova version.

Both the mini and Vivi nova type still working good for me so far. On the Vivi nova type aspise I had ONE gurgle. And I know it was because I went a little close to tipping point when filling and angled it a little when placing the coil head in - so easily done. Recommend leaving a few mm space at top of the inner post when filling. I wonder is this the cause of most reported gurgles out there?

Both the mini and Vivi nova type still working good for me so far. On the Vivi nova type aspise I had ONE gurgle. And I know it was because I went a little close to tipping point when filling and angled it a little when placing the coil head in - so easily done. Recommend leaving a few mm space at top of the inner post when filling. I wonder is this the cause of most reported gurgles out there?

I would imagine so, it also seems to sort itself out fairly lively which is great.

Just a tip for those of you using Aspire BDC heads & vaping HOL NET liquids...

I found that the HOL NET liquids were hard on the coils, burnt taste after maybe a days use :(

In the spirit of experimentation, I swapped out a coil after a days use & left it soaking over 24 hours in 99% IPA (isopropyl alcohol)

After re-swapping out the coil & dry burning to get rid of any residuals, I found the coil as good as new with no burning taste at all :)

Success :D :cool:

Thanks for the tip. Ive got one of my own too. May seem like common sense but and easily made mistake. . Dont screw these down too tight its damn near impossible to get the bottom 510connector part off without a plyars if you do. Ive since lubed the threads on both of my two and zero issues since

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Today was a bad day for vaping, for me......

I bought a Mini Nova/Aspire BDC last week and it worked perfectly, for the first 24hours. I thought this is it, I've found a clearomizer that actually works. Then 24hours later it started to leak ~ gurgle ~ and then it just stopped working altogether... :eek:

I use the iTaste VV, that reads "NON" when the clearomizer isn't working, that's the reading that I was getting on both of my iTaste batteries. Then I tried it on my two eGo K batteries, and it didn't work on them either, nothing, dead as a dodo! :(

So, I ordered a new head for my mini Aspire BDC. In the mean time I had no choice but to go back using one of my old crappy, leaky, clearomizers. Ugh!

Anyway, my new Aspire head arrived today. YAY! :) I was so excited when the post man arrived, the poor man was washed away by the storm. I screwed in the new head, filled my clearomizer with my brand new e-liquid, andddd - nothing...... the damn thing didn't work. :eek: The same as the last one, it just said "NON" on the screen on my iTaste. I tried it on four different batteries, but no joy, f**k! :mad:

That was the straw that broke the camels back, I've had no luck with clearomisers, none whatsoever! So, I snapped and I took a cigarette from my boyfriend and sparked it up.... I looked and my useless clearomizer sitting on the table and said "HA! Up yours!" Ummm..... I'm sure the clearomizer was really offended, NOT!

I have no excuse for having a cigarette today, except for the fact that I was totally frustrated. Along with the new Aspire head and the e-liquid that arrived in the post today, was a new mini Aspire BDC. Thankfully that one works, well it sort of works.... But its gurgling a bit already.... Holy moly! :mad:

I bought a pack of Cartomizers recently, they seemed to work great, no leaking and no gurgling! So, I'm gonna try out a tank next, I'm just not sure which one is best?

I'm not gonna even try the re-buildables, I'd probably blow my gaf up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Yeah, I got an aspire a while back and it worked for a while. Think I even posted on here that it was the first clearo that I'd ever tried that actually worked for me. Started gurgling and leaking the very next day. Changed the head but still the same. I don't know why but they seem to work for some people but not me.

I always found cartos pretty damn consistent though. Might never blow the socks off you but will chug on merrily to their hearts content.

Some of the Irish vendors have cheap tanks that should do the trick, submarine tanks etc.

Apparently the one to avoid is the AGR+ but the AGR works well.

Advertisement