Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania XXX - Who should face The Undertaker

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Has to be Cena.

Ive always loved Taker but the streak match is very much coming to an end.

I also think this should be his last match, you could do a lot with this match and it has the potential to be huge and lets be honest, nobody else has a chance of beating him.

I could at a push see a Brock/Taker match. You could do a decent story line but again Brock has zero chance of winning.

I cant understand Reigns being mentioned at all, he has done next to nothing in singles competition to date and I personally think hes over rated, the shield offer no credibility to the match either as if they were going to end the streak it wouldn't be down to interference.

Bryan being mentioned is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Has to be Cena.

Bryan being mentioned is laughable.

While I agree Cena is my most logical choice, the idea of Bryan taking on Taker is anything but laughable. He'd probably get the best match out of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

beakerjoe wrote: »
    While I agree Cena is my most logical choice, the idea of Bryan taking on Taker is anything but laughable. He'd probably get the best match out of him.

A babyface versus the Undertaker at Mania? I don't think it would work well at all from a storyline pov.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Blatter wrote: »
    A babyface versus the Undertaker at Mania? I don't think it would work well at all from a storyline pov.

HBK Vs. Taker worked well and HBK was def a face for those matches.

Loughc wrote: »
    HBK Vs. Taker worked well and HBK was def a face for those matches.

The retirement v streak angle worked very well, what angle would they take with DB? I'm struggling to think of one.

• Advertisement

The retirement v streak angle worked very well, what angle would they take with DB? I'm struggling to think of one.

One of mutual respect perhaps? Bryan playing the little engine that could character similar to Jeff Hardy Versus Taker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I'd be fine with Reigns in there, it's just a question of whether the crowd would buy into him being a credible threat to the Undertaker.

I think if it's Reigns then he should get the win. The fact that no one would give him a chance going into it makes the victory all the more impactful

After a long back and forth match Reigns picks up the win, they shake hands and Taker raises his hand in a torch passing moment (almost like the reverse of the Rock/Hogan finish)

beakerjoe wrote: »
    One of mutual respect perhaps? Bryan playing the little engine that could character similar to Jeff Hardy Versus Taker.

It wouldn't appeal to me personally!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Taker out talking about how he's beaten everyone so is there anyone on the rooster to challenge him. DB steps out and claims he's the best indepedent wrestler in history and he can beat Taker. Taker laughs and ask if there's a real challenger out there. Authority Step/HHH steps out and says DB will get his chance but if he loses he'll be fired from the company for suggesting he could take on one of it's top stars.

Que long fight to the end were DB never gives up with close kick out from Taker's special moves and slowly gains the upper hands and wins with the knee finisher. Que arena going berzerk with Yes!Yes!Yes! chants and give Taker a chance to recover for the torch handing over moment and Taker retiring next night on raw stating that no one has ever given him as hard fight as DB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Taker turns heel one last time.

Taker and Kane vs Punk and Bryan at Extreme Rules :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭woodchopper

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Problem with Lesnar is Taker is so broken down, could he wrestle a match safely with Brock Lesnar at this stage in his career?

That leaves us with Hornswoggle so to break the streak!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Bryan Vs Taker would definitely be good, but the reason why I didn't consider him is because what does Bryan actually gain from it going on the assumption that he loses? Yeah he has a great match, but a few months later that will be an afterthought. My thing with Bryan is he is at the stage where Austin is at the 98 Rumble, he is so over with fans at the mo that it can only go downhill from here unless something is done about it. They either pull the trigger now and have him become champion at Mania or else it's too little too late at least that's how I view it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Nody wrote: »
    Taker out talking about how he's beaten everyone so is there anyone on the rooster to challenge him. DB steps out and claims he's the best indepedent wrestler in history and he can beat Taker. Taker laughs and ask if there's a real challenger out there. Authority Step/HHH steps out and says DB will get his chance but if he loses he'll be fired from the company for suggesting he could take on one of it's top stars.

Que long fight to the end were DB never gives up with close kick out from Taker's special moves and slowly gains the upper hands and wins with the knee finisher. Que arena going berzerk with Yes!Yes!Yes! chants and give Taker a chance to recover for the torch handing over moment and Taker retiring next night on raw stating that no one has ever given him as hard fight as DB.

Obvious as hell who is winning in that case.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Obvious as hell who is winning in that case.
    Of course it is; but it's impossible to book Undertaker's streak match with out making it obvious either way (i.e. Cena will never be allowed to take it due to the lash back, HHH is out of the picture, Rock, Brock, Big Show, Snorton, etc. will never take it). At least a lot of younger once will buy into it as being "real" and over all it would help cement a new wrestler in the top category both with the snarks and the general public which is the best use possible of the streak from my point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

How unbelievably amazing would it be if WWE were saving Cena's heel turn for WM30. He loses to Orton at the Rumble, Batista/Bryan/Brock enter the title picture, forcing him out. Like Punk did last year (after losing to Rock) he turns his attention to becoming the greatest of all time by breaking the Streak.

He beats Taker at Mania, a few kids will cheer his victory, but the rest of the world hates him for breaking the Streak at the biggest 'Mania ever. After the match, Taker announces his retirement and congratulates Cena for his win, the crowds boos get loud at Cena, then Taker announces him as one of the greatest, the booing gets even louder ... Cena turns, and beats the absolute **** out of an already worn down Taker, thus completing the heel turn.

Cena can blame the constant heckling and the IWC and whoever for a lack of support, causing his turn, Taker has a reason to be written off TV again (maybe permanently), WWE trusts the faces they have to carry the company so we have a mega-heel turn akin to Hogans when joined the nWo and what a Wrestlemania moment that would be, eh? ;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

It might be a year too early for Reigns but I'd like to see him win the Rumble and give up his Wrestlemania title shot because he "wants to end the streak". And then... as I've stated fairly vocally in a couple of threads already, they should end the streak! :)

How unbelievably amazing would it be if WWE were saving Cena's heel turn for WM30. He loses to Orton at the Rumble, Batista/Bryan/Brock enter the title picture, forcing him out. Like Punk did last year (after losing to Rock) he turns his attention to becoming the greatest of all time by breaking the Streak.
    That's going to happen just before the Bella twins arrive at your place asking if you need company for the evening :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

It might be a year too early for Reigns but I'd like to see him win the Rumble and give up his Wrestlemania title shot because he "wants to end the streak". And then... as I've stated fairly vocally in a couple of threads already, they should end the streak! :)

Actually unless Reigns would beat Taker this is a terrible idea of mine, relegating the already tarnished prestige of the title to less than becoming another jobber to Taker's Streak legacy.

Using the Rumble win for a shot at Undertaker is a good idea, it's just the wrong time for it. Orton as the Legend Killer was probably the ideal time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Reigns @ 8/1 with PP to win the Rumble is a veritable gift from the gambling gods

• Advertisement

Reigns @ 8/1 with PP to win the Rumble is a veritable gift from the gambling gods

Personally i think its giving them money, Cant see Roman winning. He will be impressive though. Im putting my money on him throwing the most guys out though at 6/4

I think Reigns will win it next year, barring some huge change in direction. This year is too soon. A strong showing with a load of eliminations would set him up nicely for a break out in 2014. Likewise for Big E.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭Ridley

Teddy Long

Should be Cena for a number like 30 in my opinion.

Wonder if They'll do Lesnar/Taker just to have some MMA dance off..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Could we end up with The Shield v Taker, Kane , Sting?

Advertisement