Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania XXX - Who should face The Undertaker

Options
  • 20-01-2014 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭

Its that time again, the road to Wrestlemania is almost upon us and specualtion as to who will face The Undertaker and try beat teh streak..... But who do YOU think should face The Deadman at WM XXX and why?

Who should face The Undertaker at WM30 90 votes

Daniel Bryan
    0% 0 votes
    Sheamus
    15% 14 votes
    Triple H (FOR THE 4TH TIME)
    4% 4 votes
    John Cena
    1% 1 vote
    The Rock
    33% 30 votes
    Bray Wyatt
    5% 5 votes
    Kane
    3% 3 votes
    Sting
    4% 4 votes
    Jeff Jarrett
    12% 11 votes
    Roman Reigns
    2% 2 votes
    Hulk Hogan
    10% 9 votes
    CM Punk
    4% 4 votes
    Batista
    0% 0 votes
    Alberto Del Rio
    3% 3 votes
    other
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Cena. It's the big money match and Taker may not have many left in him so they should do it now.

Also Cena is probably the only person on the roster that fans would believe could possibly win.

Problem with Lesnar is Taker is so broken down, could he wrestle a match safely with Brock Lesnar at this stage in his career?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Knew I forgot to put some one in the poll, damn you Brock

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Voted Bryan simply because it would be a great match :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I have it build up in my head for so long now, that if it is Not Cena, i will be very disappointed. I just think the build up to it would be the greatest thing ever.

Just imagine Cena as WWE Champ going in, no one would expect Cena to lose, but also no one would expect the streak to end....so it would be so hard to call.
    Saying that, the Taker match at Mania doesnt need the Title involved, as it takes away one main event from the show.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I have it build up in my head for so long now, that if it is Not Cena, i will be very disappointed. I just think the build up to it would be the greatest thing ever.

Just imagine Cena as WWE Champ going in, no one would expect Cena to lose, but also no one would expect the streak to end....so it would be so hard to call.
    Saying that, the Taker match at Mania doesnt need the Title involved, as it takes away one main event from the show.
    Only way Taker vs. Champion would work is if he'd wrestle Summerslam for the title or retire with it (and then there's a tournament for the new champion) in my eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭TheMza

Has to be Jeff Jarrett!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,984 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Brock Lesnar. And he should break the streak too. 70 year old Undertaker beating someone like Lesnar, Batista or Cena (I don't want it to be Cena) is no longer believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Shocked at the lack of the Beast Incarnate. Shocked and saddened. Brock this year, Cena next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

CSF wrote: »
    Brock Lesnar. And he should break the streak too. 70 year old Undertaker beating someone like Lesnar, Batista or Cena (I don't want it to be Cena) is no longer believable.

They're not going to let a part time wrestler beat the streak and nor should they imo. I think the only one that could realistically break the streak this year is Cena and that's even pretty unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

CSF wrote: »
    Brock Lesnar. And he should break the streak too.

No, just no!
    Why waste the breaking of the streak on someone who is unlikely to hang around?
    If anyone is to break the streak it has to be the likes of Reigns or Bryan, who will have another 10 years in them.

• Advertisement

5 votes for Reigns.

Anyone care to explain their vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I picked Reigns , To be honest i've enough of Cena I don't want to see him stealing the limelight for a 3rd year in a row because lets face it it'll be his usual shtick if i don't win this what do i have left blah blah, I think giving Reigns the match would fantastic because no matter what happens win or lose Reigns comes out of it a star

The unbelievabiltiy factor of course comes into play but thats where you have Ambrose and Rollins interfering at various intervals with Reigns then possibly telling them to go back stage that he wants to do it himself (thus setting up his break up from the shield)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I want to see Lesnar, whilst he's still around. Sting would be awesome too if not too short notice. A heel Sting attacking Michelle McCool with a baseball bat should be enough to get that feud going.

Cena should be saved for when options are more limited. And I don't want to see The Shield break up any time soon.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I picked Reigns , To be honest i've enough of Cena I don't want to see him stealing the limelight for a 3rd year in a row because lets face it it'll be his usual shtick if i don't win this what do i have left blah blah, I think giving Reigns the match would fantastic because no matter what happens win or lose Reigns comes out of it a star

The unbelievabiltiy factor of course comes into play but thats where you have Ambrose and Rollins interfering at various intervals with Reigns then possibly telling them to go back stage that he wants to do it himself (thus setting up his break up from the shield)

This. A thanks isn't enough.

I'd be fine with Reigns in there, it's just a question of whether the crowd would buy into him being a credible threat to the Undertaker.

Well thats true but you do have the Royal Rumble and the Chamber still to come so with massive showings in those possibly beating a few of the big names in the chamber before being blindsided by the winner or even possibly something as simple as a quick roll up from ambrose presuming both were in the chamber

I still think the perfect match for Reigns is against the Rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

I think giving Reigns the match would fantastic because no matter what happens win or lose Reigns comes out of it a star

I'm convinced. Nice job.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I still think the perfect match for Reigns is against the Rock.

Outside of them being related ? what other connection do they have ? Like another reason for Undertaker to face the shield is they (kayfabe) put him out of action last time he was in the ring , and you could avoid the crap they go with every opponent Taker faces by dragging out Kane aswell, In fact as there both part of the Authority you could have it go the other way with Kane giving Reigns tips on how to beat his brother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Well I do think Rock/Reigns is a match that should 100 percent happen at some point in the future. But seeing as it can't be this year, I like the idea of him v Taker, as long as the Shield are involved to give it credibility.

• Advertisement

Outside of them being related ? what other connection do they have ? Like another reason for Undertaker to face the shield is they (kayfabe) put him out of action last time he was in the ring , and you could avoid the crap they go with every opponent Taker faces by dragging out Kane aswell, In fact as there both part of the Authority you could have it go the other way with Kane giving Reigns tips on how to beat his brother

I'd have them for WM31. Reigns would be the perfect guy for the Rocks last match imo.

As for 30, Reigns doesn't really have the drawing power and from a business point of view, Cena v Taker makes more sense and it's something many fans have wanted to see for years. All they'd have to do is stand in the ring together and the crowd heat would be insane.

Thats true i suppose , Then again you may Cena/Hogan teaming up together and Batista, Lesner, Triple H , Jericho all on the show already so you wouldn't need to worry too much about that, But i do see where you're coming from , another negative is would Taker be able for Reigns much like people have said of him facing Brock

• Registered Users Posts: 32,984 ✭✭✭✭CSF

My reasoning behind thinking Lesnar should break the streak is more a logic based on coincidence than any super solid reasoning.

I think Lesnar should be against Undertaker at Wrestlemania because Daniel Bryan will almost certainly be in the title match which I'm happy with.

There isn't anyone else I want to be in such a big match. Brock and Bryan are the 2 guys that make me excited for a main event. You can go with Cena the full-timer all you want but it won't excite me. I won't care whether he breaks the streak or not. Bryan or Brock I'll care, and I'll root for them.

And with Lesnar in that match, it isn't appropriate for Undertaker to win. We will all believe he can because of the streak which makes the match exciting, but he shouldn't. He is an old man against a monster.

I understand the part-timer argument, but there is only one full-timer (Bryan) who can make you really care about a main event like Brock. Cena and Orton can turn upto Smackdown every week all they want but it won't make me care about them a fraction of the amount that I do when Lesnar storms back with the King of WWE at ringside and you know **** is about to get real.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

I voted for sting, I grew up in the days of saturday itv, utv, channel 3, whatever you want to call it and having WCW on with Baywatch, Knightrider and then it became Thunder in Paradise :p

so purely for selfish reasons I want to see him fight but not beat Taker, it wont be the best match in the world, but it will be the most watched

• Registered Users Posts: 85,441 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I voted for Cena, it is the biggest match left for Taker and he deserves to go out on a high if it his last Mania

No one should break the streak imo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Triple H. In a 90 minute Iron Man buried alive match that goes into overtime. For the title. In a steel cage. Inside the Hell in a Cell. That's on fire.

Too much? I'll stop now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Has to be Cena

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Triple H. In a 90 minute Iron Man buried alive match that goes into overtime. For the title. In a steel cage. Inside the Hell in a Cell. That's on fire.

Too much? I'll stop now.

And the only way to win is to climb a ladder, snatch the sledghammer hanging over the ring, beat your opponent senseless with it, then attach the opponent to the Taker Crucifix, which then gets raised to the ceiling... for the win.

Seriously though, I picked Reigns. I know he hasn't got the star power, but a great showing against the Undertaker could be his making.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

I should face him tbh, and I'd box the head of him too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Cena, only match that makes sense in my head (besides maybe Brock) The days of someone who isn't already an established top level star challenging the Streak are long gone and Cena is the only big name left that could convincingly make people believe he could break it.

Advertisement