Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aves study log

Options
  • 19-01-2014 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

thought if i wrote this it might motivate me to study more........so in lc i do:
    english- HL
    irish- HL
    maths-HL
    french-HL (thinking of dropping)
    chemistry-HL
    physics-HL
    business-HL

i dont really know what i wanna do yet but im thinking something in science.im thinking of going to NUIG too. im not too fussy about points cuz i dont know what i wanna do yet but anywhere around 450 i would be happy with. Really need to get studying though.....hopefully this log thing will help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭ave123

so its 2 days until the start of the mocks and i am "panic cramming". im trying to get as much done as possible in the short amount of time but every time i start on a topic i need to revise..it takes waaaayyy too long and i find 2 or3 hours have flown by too fast. my first mock is physics and i am really worried about it. the thing with physics is...you could spend the whole day reading the book and revising laws and whatnot and the exam questions can still stump you. i am also real worried about french,business and maths as i dont feel like i've done enough study in either. i am also terrified in irish that i will have studied the wrong essays or poems and the ones i have studied wont come up.....ugh stressful times.All this better be worth it next year...I suppose i just gotta keep thinking that this is only the mocks.....right lads better get down to work

study done today:
    physics: revision on lenses, refraction, reflection of light and wave nature of light, work enery and power
    chemistry: some famillies of organic compounds
    frech:polatics revision

Goals for tomoro 22nd of january
    • study the electron-physics
    • study the rest of polatics french
    • revise question words and verb tenses-french
    • do exam questions in physics on: nuclear physics. mechanics, radioactivity, hookes law and the electron
    • revise lady macbeth, emily dickinson, abuse of power in comparative study-english
    • learn something in irish
    .......so im well aware that i wont get most of this stuff done....nevertheless it needs to be done badly. at this stage im just prayin ill do decently well in the mocks.....if anyone has any mock horror stories or epic redemption from mock stories, please share so i dont feel too awful:)

so my french exam is in a day and im pretty much stumped.....our teacher has given us absolutedly zero guidlines in relation to the written part of the paper......and im really panicking now....i simply just dont know what to revise and which topics would be the best to revise....i dont wanna sound like a brat and start blaming my french teacher cuz i know thats an excuse....if i really wanted to do well in french i could have put alot more work and study into it to get a decent grade......but heres the thing, i simply dont find french that interesting or worth it for that matter......you know mabey if i did have a good french teacher that was acctually genuinely excited about teaching us french, i would study more. i did have this substitute teacher once that put sooooo much effort into getting the class excited about french, she made us write french shortstories and told us a load of french swear words , but only let us use them if we used them correctly in a sentence. she spoke with a french accent too.it was funny cuz when she was leaving everyone in the class was begging her to stay. i do think that the enthusiasm of teachers plays a major role in education. thats why i dont think id ever be a teacher cuz i dont think that im that passionate about a subject that my inspiration would come across to the students.

so im still sitting here staring at this page of vocabulary trying to get the words into my head and to be perfectly honest....i dont think this is what education is about.....okay rant over....back to staring at my page............

its 6 o'clock on the 23/01/2014 and there is officially 15 hours until i start my first exam- physics. i took the day off school today just to cram some extra study in before the mock. i still have no idea whats gonna come up and im just praying that its not something like the wave nature of light or something like that. i really wanna do well in physics though. i think it would be sucha load off my shoulders if i walked out of the room tomoro with a smile on my face.i dont consider myself the best at physics or maths or any subject that involves calculations or logical thinking.....i think im more of an english based person.....right brain thinker or something. but i wanna do well nonetheless. i suppose i dont wanna let my teacher down......really mr coen was the reason why i picked up physics in 5th year. i had him for science in third year and there was just something about the way he came across that made me wanna study the subjects he taught, he does HL maths and chemistry too. you see he is really passionate about physics and maths and is one of those teachers who wanna make teaching fun. dont get me wrong physics is TOUGH. i dont know sometimes i feel like he thinks that im way better than i acctually am. its just kinda stressful trying to meet his expectations and everyone elses.its like just cuz i spend a good while studying doesnt mean im acctually smart......okay i gotta get back to studying....to make myself smart:L

study done today
    • simple harmonic motion
    • equations of motion
    • vibrations and sound
    • snells law
    • specific heat capacity and heat

1st day of the mocks is complete!......to be honest im just happy to get physics and french out of the way....i think its the waiting for the exam that would drive you nuts. so physics.......could have been alot worse.the paper was really sound and they could have asked alot nastier questions. that said some of the calculations still caught me.after these mocks i really need to start working and doing questions in physics....realistically from that paper id say i got a D...needs improvement but im happy with that for now......french on the other hand....:L....i think the only plan of action with french is to move down to pass. i could barely answer the comprehension questions and im sure my three essays were absolutely horrendus. so i need to decide if im gonna acctually start working in frech or will i drop down......all in all it wasnt a bad day...there were times when i started panicking looking at the paper but it could have been alot worse....gonna have to go study irish or maths now:L

• Advertisement

today is saturday 25/01/2014......aaannnndddd today im meant to be studying irish. i started out the day with good intentions. i literally leaped outta the bed at half 7 this morning ready for a good days work. i had my shower, ate my breakfast and was all ready at half 8 for work.....and i suppose it didnt really work out how i had planned in my head. i have about 8 essays to learn today and my first one took about an hour more than i thought it would. i had 2 and a half essays learned by around two-ish. so after a-while afew people i know came over and since then i've been procrastinating. even as i sit here writing this i am procrastinating. im just so tired and theres nothing i want more than to crawl under my covers and sleep..... i wish i was like 10 years old again where all id ever worry about was not missing the big big movie on saturday:L so i suppose im trying to motivate myself atm.....just hope all these mocks work out.....please sweet jesus let them work out......

• fadhbanna socielta essay
    • culu eacnamaiochta essay
    • polaiteori essay
    • mo ghra-sa poem
    • colscaradh poem
    • thig no thit orm- humour
    • thig no thit orm-social society
    • caca milis-film techniques
    • caca milis-general

so today is the 26/01/2014 and my mocks are tomoro.....its kinda funny cuz when i was doing my mocks for junior cert i was seriously panicking in the days before the mocks......something must have changed since then because this weekend i've been really not bothered by the whole situation......and tbh thats not the best attitude to have cuz atleast when i was panicking about it i was getting some serious work done......i think the moment this paic will hit me is when i have the mock paper in front of me tomoro. i've been trying to study chemistry today...but i didnt have a productive start to the day and i think that messes up the whole day:L......i was meant to be up at 7 and starting this morning...but i slept in till 10 woops:L and since then i havnt been getting much study done...so its been a really unproductive day for chemistry.....its six o'clock now and im planning on finishing the irish essays i started yesterday.....i still have to learn: colscaradh, mo ghra-sa and fadhbanna socielta.....but im just kinda in that mood where i simply dont care about the leaving cert, the mocks, even college. right now im just so sick of the whole process i feel like running away to mexico or somewhere, changing my name, and starting a completly new life....oohhhh if only....sometimes i just wanna escape all this stuff......the rules and discipline and the whole fecking school system. its just all so messed up. if you dont get a good grade on that particular day if you let the pressure get to you, it affects your whole life, if you dont get a good leaving cert, you cant go to college, if you cant go to college, you cant get a job, if you cant get a job then you'll end up on the streets, like a wild animal fending for yourself. and all because on that one day of the year you didnt do your best. i dont know who came up with this stupid system but whoever did was obviously crazy...or just really cruel.......so now we are forced to abide by these rules to make a decent life for ourselves..... i swear if i was Rauiri Quinn sitting up on his big chair in the education department...alot of things would be differnt........ughgh okay so mabey things arnt that dramatic but you have to admit that all this gets to you guys too right?.....its not just me that feels trapped in this situation???......okay i think i better stop procrastinating and start working....*sigh.....mabey things will be different one day......

i think i should call this my rant log instead of my study log because i swear i have just let out all my steam on this page:L

today i had my english mock......wish i could say it went well.....:L....nope it went pretty much pear-shaped. you know i think i have underestimated english....i thought i could just walk into the exam hall...take one look at the paper and be like AHA! yes! and just write like the pen is an extension of my hand and let the writing just flow until i have this completed masterpiece of an essay that doesnt make me sound like a complete nuthead. but unfortunatly thats not how it happened.....went into the exam hall, spent way too long reading over the comprehensions, panicked when i saw the time, wrote a monster essay about 7 and a half pages long about absolute crap and then only spent about 45 minutes on question A and B.....ugh i am a fool....you know how people say dont bother studying for english paper 1?......well its a lie do study english paper 1.....start writing essays and be prepared for any kind of essay that will come up. my essay was just awful.....even reading back over it i was like what was i thinking?......i chose to write this short story about "serious repercussions"....so i thought i d think up this amazing story about this girl who shoots this guy but it is acctually her dad who she hasnt met before......but just no it was awful. i wrote about 3 pages of just meaningless waffle that hadnt got much to do with the story and then i realized that i acctually had to complete it in the given time so i crammed the rest of the story into about 4 pages and the ending was really rushed and it basically was just bs........so atleast these mocks are good for one thing ....they're really giving me a boot up the ass that i really need to get me to start working......so i have chemistry tomoro....pray for me

study goals chemistry
    • sewage treatment
    • ph and indicators
    • oxidation reduction titrations
    • organic chemistry
    • equilibrium
    • rates of reations
    • all other titrations
    • tests for anions

• Advertisement

• sewage treatment (mostly know it)
    • redox titrations (mostly know them all except bleach)
    • ethyne experiment
    • atomic theory
    • gas laws (kinda sorta know them, just read over them)
    • ph and indicatiors (know the ph sections, not the indicator section)
    • water (know most of it except the titrations)
    • acid-base titrations
    ...aaaannnnnd absolutely no study done in organic.....basically i only know about the alkanes.alkenes and alkynes.....so im not expecting a good grade at all in chemistry.....still a mountain of work to be done....cant wait to have this mock over my head

so in my school there is a bit of a "chemistry situation" to put it nicely. Our teacher for chemistry isnt acctually a qualified chemistry teacher....hes accctually a qualified maths and physics teacher (and a damn good one)....but as for chemistry......just no.hes basically like a student trying to teach chemistry. so we acctually have basically no resource of a teacher when it comes to chemistry. the school cant be bothered dealing with it because theres only 5 of us in the class.....but that doesnt make it right and from the start of the year theres been a kind of a chemistry rebellion. its us against them. the 5 of us and our parents up against the eejit of a pricipal and the rest of the school board. one of the 5 in the class eventually got really pissed about the whole situation. he wrote a letter explaining out situation to the education board because technically the teacher teaching us must be qualified (when hes not:L). he didnt acctually sent the letter. he showed the letter to the principal ( and basically said if you dont do something about this, im sending this to rauiri quinn) and now finally hes acctually doing something about it. we were so relieved when we heard this cuz chemistry is hard enough even with the teacher.....so our principal said he was dealing with it and that we'd have a chemistry teacher after the mocks....so our principal brought us all into his office last week and told us with excitement that he had a chemistry teacher for us.....then he went on to explain that we would have a chemistry teacher for one hour after school on a monday -_-.......you cannot imagine the rage we felt when he told us this....whats worse is he sounded all pleased with himself like hes done a good job and we should be thankful.....like we thought that we would have a full time teacher throughout the year.....but now....i honesty dont know what to do anymore.....we're still debating whether to actually send the letter....i dont know what would happen to the school but i know they'd get bad publicity from the whole situation and thats something that would effect them, also one of the girls in the class, her dad is like a publisher for a newspaper website or something and her dad said he'd publish the story if it got us a teacher, so that could work either.........so the chemistry rebellion continues with 5 noble foot soldiers up against the giant.....that is our stupid principal.........rage

today i did the chemistry and english mock and it went.....meh alright i suppose. hopefully i wont fail any of them. chemistry was fine really....the paper was dead sound....we had covered 9 questions out of the 8 so hopefully i can string together a decent grade from that.....english was pretty much okay too.....considering i did absolutely no study for it.......its acctually really weird though because.....i have literally not looked at macbeth since we did it last year and for the macbeth question i flew through it.....i hadnt any trouble thinking about what to say....it just kind of came to me....like an ephiphany.....mabey i was struck by divine inspiration or something....anyway whats weird is that we had covered the comparitive in great detail in class before the mock and we ran through this sample answer that was really similar to the question asked in the mock.....whats funny is i found that question the hardest...trying to find things to say and points to make.....the poetry question and unseen poetry were kinda rushed and i really need to work on my timing....but mock day 3 is complete!!!! woop

study goals for irish mock (tomoro 28/01/14)
    • deagoiri essay
    • polaiteori essay
    • culu eacnamiochta essay
    • caca milis film techniques
    • hardship of paul caca milis
    • humour thig no thit orm
    • social life of the 1950s thig no thit orm
    • colscaradh poem
    • mo-ghra-sa poem

so our maths mock is tomorro and i am soooooo not ready for it.....ugh lord and it just just stressing me out so much...i havnt had that much time to look at maths cuz it is my last exam but just oh.......im sitting here with a moutain of work in front of me and i have no idea where to start...whats worse is my teacher said its not a bad mock and we should be able to answer all the questions on it so he'll be expecting us to be able to do them....on top of it all i left my exam papers at a grind yesterday and now i have no exam papers to work from....i honestly dont know what to do with myself.....will report back when i acctually get some proper study done

so i've spent about three hours trying to study maths and i've basically gotten nowhere.....every time i try to answer afew questions on a section i always get stuck and end up giving up.....so i just dont know what to do.....i have a business mock tomoro too which i havnt looked over cuz i've been studying maths all evening.....i think i'll just leave it and hope i'll be able to write something for the answers tomoro in maths.....i think the moral of this story is to keep continously studying maths in little segments instead of trying to squeeze alot of the paper into an evening and getting overwhelmed.....well i think i've learned my lesson anyways.....hopefully

so the mocks are over and im so relieved.....but im sure the relief is only short lived.....today is the 1/02/2014 and im planning on working hard up to the leaving cert. so overall i thought some mocks went okay and others......didnt. maths for example was a real struggle and im sure i've failed in it but i suppose now is the time to pick myself up and start really working. french aswell is another exam that i have to decide weather to drop it or to work hard to get a good grade. chemistry and physics also need tweaking, irish needs to be worked upon once again and english and business...well i just gotta start working in english and business......but what would be really devastating for me is if i get really bad grades in the subjects that i have spent time studying for...like chemistry and physics....if i get a bad grade in them...i honestly dont know what i'll do. hopefully i passed all the mock exams ( exept maths which i know i've failed) if i've passed them all then im happy.....i know its not that much but if i get points above 300 in the mocks i'll be happy.....so today is the first day of February, another new start and a clean state and im planning on making it a good one -A

so for the month of February i have a proprosition.....in February i am challenging myself to spend atleast 4 hours a day studying hard. optimum amount of time would be 5 hours if possible. now im not talking about the kind of study where you mabey spend a half an hour looking over something and then you get up and procrastinate for another half hour....or when your studying but not really taking anything in.....im talking about the kind of study where you sit yourself down for a good 3 hours at a time and you do some good hard tough studying, the kind where you really get down to the roots of what your learning and you understand everything alot more, where everything becomes clear and you realize with this kind of relief or joy or some happy emotion that i can do this....i understand this and i can succeed in this subject....and you know when you go to bed that night that you will sleep soundly because you know that you've done your work and you are content in yourself and feel better about yourself cuz you know that you havnt just wasted you time avoiding the work......I just want to get into the really hard work, the deep end and just start digging and see where it takes me....hopefully, like digging to china, i will dig myself to a good leaving cert ......i just really want to have that feeling where like everything becomes clear and you thoughts like just stop zooming around in your head and its quiet and and you dont even have to think about what the answer is because you just know that it's there.....it hasnt happened to me that much but sometimes it happens when im sitting in maths class ....my maths teacher thinks it happens because an electron hits your brain or something....its like the moment you find the answer, the idea, you know when a light bulb blinks above your head......i kinda want to be in that mind state for the leaving cert...does that make sense? probably not but anyways let the work begin!...

so today is the 3/02/2014 and is the first day that im really working, i know its not technically the 1st of Feb but im starting today on a monday. you know i think i've realized something today.....i think i've finally realized what an extremist i am.....in all things....you see when i decide to work in something i decide to go all out like work really hard but if i dont i simply just dont care enough to do anything. I know its gonna be harder than i anticipated, like its one thing setting all these goals ands its another thing doing them. and it seems to be the doing part that gets me. i mean i havent had a bad days work today but again i didnt start off day 1 with a bang like i thought i would. i pretty much started out really motivated, like i did start at 5 as planned but i think after about half six-ish i started to drift off into that worthless kind of study again.....and i dont really know how to come out of that and just stay completely focused. i thought maney if i took a break it would help, but no it just distracted me more and i ended up worse off. after about 7 i kinda just fizzled out. so i know its gonna be tough, its gonna require mountains of effort and self discipline and whatnot, the thing is im not the most focused, self disiplined person there ever was.....but then again i am going to try my best....it is my own future afterall and no-one else will do the work for me.....hopefully tomoro will be a better day -A

work done today
    • business homework- exam questions
    • business industrial relations revision
    • maths sequences and series- started
    • english- comparitive power essay completed

today was well.....a little less productive than yesterday.....had alot of stuff to do today and i suppose that cant be helped.....i had to help out for my schools enrolment day thing at 7 and i had maths grinds at 8 so i didnt get too much done today. i suppose the work done in maths grinds counts as study work though...right?...also i had a very unproductive day at school, my business teacher wasnt in and for maths, chemistry and physics we spent the whole class setting up experiments for the enrolment day. there was some pretty cool experiments....like there was one where we reacted concentrated hydrochloric acid with zinc and bubbled the hydrogen produced through detergent and then lit the bubbles on fire, which gave off this massive flame/ explosion thing.....unfortunately its not on our chemistry course sooooo.....we had other experiments from physics too like the air-track experiment, the steam experiment, the lense experiment, from chemistry we had the flame test experiments, the electrolysis experiment and we basically had scientific bits and bobs around the place like telescopes and senometers and whatnot.....it was nice to get a break from the syllabus though and experience the subjects for what they really are.....even though the whole point of it was to draw in little helpless 6th class childeren into our crapwhole of a school.....i still enjoyed helping to set up the whole thing

study done today
    • financial maths- (maths grind)
    • vibrations and sounds (looked over)
    • french oral-(looked over)
    • various chemistry and physics experiments (that counts right?)

so today is day 3 of my February challenge.....and to be honest.....i dont feel like im really doing what i set out to accomplish.....this week really hasnt really gone the way i thought it would. i was planning to start the first week with a bang, with really hard work...and so far it hasnt really happened that way. i have been studying but i still dont feel.....satisfied with what im learning and how long its taking me to learn things.....after the mocks i swore i would really start getting into it but im beginning to realize that its gonna be alot harder than i thought....i mean getting 4 hours worth of good study a day is severely tiring and thats working at a normal rate and not the rate im setting. we had the day off school today and i thought it would be a good oppertunity to make up for the hours i missed yesterday.....but again i studied from about 11 to 2 and after that i began to procrastinate and eventually ended up just waching teley.....its the weirdest thing cuz in your mind you know you have to do this and you want to do this but something always gets in the way whether its boredom or laziness (in my case:L), or if theres something you have to do....well for me anyways these things just seem to dominate me over studying....and its especially when im going to bed that the shame catches up with me and atm im feeling really frustrated about it all.....and theres no-one to blame but myself.....i think i just gotta figure out a routine and stick to it and once i have that set in place...i think i'll be getting alot more study done.....also i think im gonna set goals the day before just to keep on top of things.....i severely hope that the next few weeks go better than this week....

study done today
    • financial maths questions
    • sequences and series- maths
    • maths exam papers- sample c paper 1

• Advertisement

• sequences and series maths
    • physics-circular motion
    • chemistry- organic chemistry chapter 1
    • french oral
    • english comparative- cultural context, general viewpoint,theme

got alot done today...probably more than i got done all week.....spent a good hour on business, we got a crap load of homework in business today....i know its homework but im gonna call it study cuz it all counts....spent another hour on maths, homework and study- (sequences and series and probability)....spent another hour on irish and french orals, and looked over chapter 1 in organic chemistry....not a bad day done today....but now im really tired, no energy for writing so im going to bed -A

so today is sunday 9/2/2014 and alot has happened since friday......some things have kinda come up that have got in the way of my studying over the last cuple of days.....i did get a bit of study done but not near enough as i wanted to....so on friday some family stuff kinda cropped up and i suppose i've been kinda stressing over the whole situation....i dont know if i should say what happened cuz my granny might not want me to but basically my granny got hurt on friday and shes been in a pretty bad state since then....she had an operation today and it went well but she's still in alot of pain.....so anyways i dont know... when im worrying about something i tend to not study that much and the whole thing has kinda put me in a bummed mood over the weekend..i dont know if anyone can relate but thats just the way i am....its kinda like every time i start studying i just end up thinking about things and worrying about her...so i just havent done that much....i dont wanna use this as an excuse but sometimes you just gotta put your family first, you gotta prioritise whats most important to you and do the important things first, right now my gran's the most important thing on my mind so im gonna deal with that first.....im hopeing on getting right back on the horse tomoro and continue with my February challenge cuz dear lord i need to start....anyways i dont wanna be gong on about my life story:L..soooooo...

study done (if any:/)
    • emily Dickinson- hope is the thing with feathers, theres a certain slant of light, i felt a funeral in my brain,i heard a fly buzz when i died
    • physics exam questions

chemistry
    • fuels and heats of reaction
    • families of organic compounds
    • organic experiments
    physics
    • particle physics
    • radioactivity
    maths
    • probability
    • sequences and series
    • financial maths
    irish
    • oral irish-learn
    engish
    • finish emily dickinson
    • revise yeats
    business
    • revise unit 2

soooooo....i know i wont get this all finished during the week on top of homework and such but atleast it gives me a starting point...im gonna aim to get this all finished and i can check them off my list when i do...i wanna work hard this week-A

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭ejayy

Hi there! I did the leaving last year and would like to tell you my success story ( haha I joke it's more of a failure really ) we'll anyway last year when I sat the mocks I got like 200 points and failed two subjects, I honestly didn't give a crap, I knew I was repeating because I felt I was too young to go to college and wasn't able to take a gap year, so between the mocks and the leaving cert I didn't do much study at all and I managed to get 440 points and came up from a fail in history in higher level to a b1, and a fail in maths to a c1! Moral or the story don't let the mocks get you down. Or even the leaving cert, but in little bits of effort now and then and you should be fine:) Enya

hey enya thanks!:)....that really is a success story.....yeah i know i shouldnt let the mocks and all the hype around the leaving cert get me down, but its pretty hard...i think people dont realise how hard the leaving cert is, the pressure from the teachers ,the competition and comparing yourself to everyone else, i mean its hard not to let it all get to you... hey but im glad you told me your story:P it kinda gives me hope for my leaving cert, that mabey the points i want acctually can be salvaged from this situation:L i think my plan of action now is to just keep tippin away at the work gradually, instead of setting these huge study goals and then not achieving them and feeling worse about the situation...thanks for sharing:)

sooooo....it is midterm week and i am planning to study...the thing is, im not nearly as hyped up for it compared to christmas holidays.for some reason all my motivation and planning seem to have just gone out the window and really when it comes down to it, i really just dont feel like studying. i did get abit done today, but not enough. i think all the study and hype for the mocks has left me burned out, and man i really wanna take a week off and forget about the leaving cert altogether. i simply cant though. now really is the time to start working. to pick myself up from the train wreck that was my mocks and start working towards a leaving cert that i would be happy with. it sounds alot easier than it actually is. hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

study done today
    • physics 2002 exam paper questions
    • business mock corrections
    • maths trigonometry revision

got abit of work done today....im sooo glad i got all my business homework done. we had to do the full mock paper again from scratch, it really showed me how badly i did in the mock comparing the two:L....got another 3 questions of the physics 2002 paper done today.then i just looked over yeats for the rest of the day. its certainly not the amount of work i was planning to do at the start of february but atleast its a start. in terms of study for maths, i havnt really got much done thus far. i had a 3 hour grind yesterday on trigonometry but we still only covered the basics so i defo wanna get alot of maths done this week, on top of our homework (2 paper 2 questions to do). i want to study financial maths and differenciation. for pysics and chemistry i just wanna do a load of exam questions. irish and french i wanna defo study orals (mainly focusing on irish), and english i'll just continue on with poetry. hopefully i will get a good bit done this week. i only have another 4 days to get everything done though because im working tomorrow for pretty much the whole day. im not gonna panic though,just taking each day as it comes and trying to do my best with the day....im only just realizing now that theres no point in worrying about the whole thing...hopefully if i just keep putting in the work, it'll turn out alright- A

today my study comprised solely of maths paper 2 sample D.....and i gotta say that paper two is a crap load harder than paper one in my opinion. usually if i was doing a maths paper 1....i could do afew bits of questions without seeking answers from the book, but today,...my maths book was like a bible. i spent the whole day flicking through it and re-doing sections that we had done last year to answer these questions. especially the probability and statistics questions i found really weird and i just did not like. i suppose im alot more used of the "real" maths...like trigonometry, geometry and so on. all this probability stuff just seems pointless to me....which is ironic cuz it probably is a section thats used the most in the real world.....anyways, i still havent even finished the whole paper and i've got another one to do for homework. doubtful that i'll get it all finished by monday........on a different note, there was a maths workshop thing on in galway today and i was debating whether to go to it.....apparently its really useful, according to my teacher anywyas....he said all the people who went to it last year passed thier exam.....and because i havent gone im kinda worried about the exam and honours maths in general. i feel like maths is takeing up ALOT of my time and it could be takeing away from my other subjects. my dad wants me to drop down to pass, but i think im gonna wait it out for another few weeks, see how horrendus my mock results are first:L....

• Advertisement

• irish oral work- TG4
    • french oral- know family, hobbies, and house
    • maths -finish paper 2 sample D
    • chemistry- organic

Advertisement