Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rás Mhaigh Eo 2 Day 2014

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭MadHatter

Big shout out to Westport Covey Wheelers for a great event. Organisation was excellent and a great route. Obviously with our team taking 1st and 3rd we had a ball. Defending a yellow jersey is such a buzz. We definitely hope to be back next year to try it all again.

There was a balls up with the timing that put a slight dampener on the presentation but in fairness it was outside the control of Covey Wheelers. It was all sorted out in the end so no harm done.

And nice to meet up with PATJOE (or "Badger" as he's now known to Lucan riders :pac:) & crew in pub Sunday night.

Re time penalties, it's great to see the comms are prepared to tackle reckless riding but the application of penalties seemed pretty arbitrary to me. As a recipient of a time penalty myself, I really can't see what I could have done to be considered reckless. I was certainly wrong side of the road at times but only when the bunch slowed down suddenly and I had little choice. Better to veer over the line if safe to do so rather than hit the brakes and cause an accident. There was one or two instances of dodgy riding on Stage 1 but the most reckless act I saw was the comms car driving up alongside the bunch into oncoming traffic and very nearly causing a pile up in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Any sign of the A4 results being published?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

MadHatter wrote: »
    Big shout out to Westport Covey Wheelers for a great event. Organisation was excellent and a great route. Obviously with our team taking 1st and 3rd we had a ball. Defending a yellow jersey is such a buzz. We definitely hope to be back next year to try it all again.

There was a balls up with the timing that put a slight dampener on the presentation but in fairness it was outside the control of Covey Wheelers. It was all sorted out in the end so no harm done.

And nice to meet up with PATJOE (or "Badger" as he's now known to Lucan riders :pac:) & crew in pub Sunday night.

Re time penalties, it's great to see the comms are prepared to tackle reckless riding but the application of penalties seemed pretty arbitrary to me. As a recipient of a time penalty myself, I really can't see what I could have done to be considered reckless. I was certainly wrong side of the road at times but only when the bunch slowed down suddenly and I had little choice. Better to veer over the line if safe to do so rather than hit the brakes and cause an accident. There was one or two instances of dodgy riding on Stage 1 but the most reckless act I saw was the comms car driving up alongside the bunch into oncoming traffic and very nearly causing a pile up in the process.

U shud have been in the car!!! Was against all instincts! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭buffalo

Has anyone seen a photo of the bunch sprint from the final stage? The shutterstills guy's shots are quality, but he seems to have missed that moment (or at least it's not on FB).

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

buffalo wrote: »
    Has anyone seen a photo of the bunch sprint from the final stage? The shutterstills guy's shots are quality, but he seems to have missed that moment (or at least it's not on FB).

Only whats on Facebook
    Have you checked the WestportCC website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭buffalo

yop wrote: »
    Only whats on Facebook
    Have you checked the WestportCC website?

Yep, they're a subset of Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭browsing

Great weekend's racing with a great course. Fair play to Westport cc for organising a excellent weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jack Joll

Fantastic weekend of racing, very aggressive from the off. And the course was exceptional. Definetly doing this again next year, the 2 day format was a great early season test, the cobwebs over the winter weren't long getting blown away, literaly blown away!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭PATJOE

richieg wrote: »
    Any sign of the A4 results being published?

There is an issue with 8th place but here is the results and a small report, sorry for the delay

http://www.westportcc.ie/2014/03/20/a4-ras-mhaigh-eo/

Aodho wrote: »
    On that Patjoe did they know they were running lads 2 minutes ahead of their officially posted time??

Regardless, well done on a great event! Despite the fact that all our team of 4 were caught out by the TT timings (& we also picked up some ridiculous time penalties from the rabidly dangerous commissaire on stage#1!) we all were very impressed by the running of the race & the courses... fair play to you.

Aodho we are looking into the timing of the TT, sorry if there was an issue however we did state to be at the start point 10mins before your allocated time slot.

Also we had our race director calling names and race numbers out on loud speaker.

• Advertisement

Appreciate all the good feedback.
    We are also open to any recommendations or negative feedback, if you want to post here or email westportcc@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

PATJOE wrote: »
    There is an issue with 8th place but here is the results and a small report, sorry for the delay

http://www.westportcc.ie/2014/03/20/a4-ras-mhaigh-eo/

Thanks PATJOE. Do you plan to post full results once the issue is sorted?

richieg wrote: »
    Thanks PATJOE. Do you plan to post full results once the issue is sorted?

Richie as far as I know they only record the top 8 for single stage events.

Advertisement