Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rás Mhaigh Eo 2 Day 2014

Options
  • 17-01-2014 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

This years Rás Mhaigh Eo will be a 2 Day Stage Race over St.Patrick’s Weekend – Saturday 15th March and Sunday 16th March.
    Open to A2, A3, Juniors and Ladies.

Stage 1 – 90km Road Race
    Stage 2A – 8km Time Trial
    Stage 2B – 90km Road Race.

There will also be a separate A4 race on the Sunday.

More info with stage maps and online registration will be available shortly on www.westportcc.ie

C99Q9402.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭PATJOE

Registration is now live on www.westportcc.ie

This year it is online registration ONLY.

Maps of routes to follow later this week.

This years Ras Mhaigh Eo 2 Day stage race is proving to be very popular with entries flying in from all over the country.

Registered riders from as far as Wicklow, Meath, Omagh and Cork will be competing with Connaught riders for the Yellow Leaders, Green Sprinters, Polka Dot Climbers, White Juniors and Pink Ladies sponsored jerseys.

Register early to avoid disappointment as numbers will be limted and no entries will be accepted on the day.

http://www.westportcc.ie/2014/01/16/ras-mhaigh-eo-march-15th-16th-2014/

More details added:

http://www.westportcc.ie/2014/01/16/ras-mhaigh-eo-march-15th-16th-2014/

Places are filling up quickly and we expect registration to be full in the next Week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭dermabrasion

Quick question about the youth races. Will all the finishes be in Westport with a variable start line or do the older age groups do a 9K loop? Trying to work it out from the map. I am doing the A4, my son is doing the U12

• Advertisement

Quick question about the youth races. Will all the finishes be in Westport with a variable start line or do the older age groups do a 9K loop? Trying to work it out from the map. I am doing the A4, my son is doing the U12

Hi,

I am not looking after the Youth races myself but I will get a map done for you and upload here so you can see where it is.

Youth route map: Loop starts just outside Westport

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/fullscreen/363385199/

U12 is 1 lap
    U14 is 3 laps
    U16 is 5 laps

For further information on youth races contact 087-6811427

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭doiredoire

PATJOE wrote: »
    Youth route map: Loop starts just outside Westport

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/fullscreen/363385199/

U12 is 1 lap
    U14 is 3 laps
    U16 is 5 laps

For further information on youth races contact 087-6811427

There's a TT before the Road race for Underage riders. Do you have a route map for the TT? Thanks

doiredoire wrote: »
    There's a TT before the Road race for Underage riders. Do you have a route map for the TT? Thanks

I will have to check with the Youth officer but I will upload a map here later today.

I will have to check with the Youth officer but I will upload a map here later today.

Thanks for that. Great to see a club organising youth races. So few clubs do it nowadays.

• Advertisement

Have we many Boardsies attending? Promises to be a good weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭RockWerchter

I'll be there, when is the info being sent out re numbers and start times? Presume entrants will be e-mailed?

I'll be there, when is the info being sent out re numbers and start times? Presume entrants will be e-mailed?

All the start info is on our website www.westportcc.ie

An info email will be sent out next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Aodho

Did the race fill completely? How many in the A2/A3 field?

Aodho wrote: »
    Did the race fill completely? How many in the A2/A3 field?

At the moment we have just over 20 places left for the A2/A3
    We are capping the race at 120.

How are people getting on with accommodation or does anyone need some help finding some?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Great day for the race today. Lads from all over Ireland. Tough headwind on the way down to Achill and the group stayed together until the turn around for home.

Full results and reports on the club website;

http://www.westportcc.ie/2014/03/15/ras-mhaigh-eo-2014-stage-1-results/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

See the Lucan lads did pretty well today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

See the Lucan lads did pretty well today.

and today too!

1st and 3rd place for the club - great riding and a fantastic result!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭dermabrasion

I am fairly amazed at the lack of coverage this race got. I travelled from Dublin for this, and will do it in a heartbeat next year too. Chapeau to Patjoe and all at Westport Covey for a really great event. I SUCKED yesterday, but the whole event, the scenery, the circuit and the marshalling was just the dogs bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭XtotheZ

Was a great race, never suffered so much in my whole life with all the wind :P unfortunately had to pull out after 50k on the 3rd stage with a broken shifter that kept jamming down into the 11. Loads of marshalls, brilliant routes, unbelievable scenery, aggressive riding and savage wind all made for a great weekend racing!

1982080_10203729361697411_1000512187_n.jpg
    48111_10203728713121197_1564307368_n.jpg
    Just in case someone dosnt believe me!

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

The event has not gone much press here, i'd hold charleville in high regard and this two day easily surpasses it! Stunning courses and hard racing, well done westoport cc.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MarkG1975

Sounds like a very good race/event, there also was a lot of time penalties handed out particularly for riding on the wrong side of the road.

Where did you sourse those photos XtotheZ?

Yes agree a really super race, well done to Westport cc, fantastic stuff, will be back next year I hope. Good hard aggressive racing, had to fight like a dog to make selection each day, challenging courses & whorish cross-winds!

The commissaire's "white line" carry-on was ridiculous on stage1 especially when about 25 lads were hit with time penalties too & could've nearly caused a number of crashes. And then a lot of fellows seemed to miss their time slot on the TT as they were sending lads off a few minutes before their official posted times, with resultant annoyance at final GC for some. But that's nothing to do with how Westport ran their race at all & is a CoC/ CI issue

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭XtotheZ

Aodho wrote: »
    Where did you sourse those photos XtotheZ?

Yes agree a really super race, well done to Westport cc, fantastic stuff, will be back next year I hope. Good hard aggressive racing, had to fight like a dog to make selection each day, challenging courses & whorish cross-winds!

The commissaire's "white line" carry-on was ridiculous on stage1 especially when about 25 lads were hit with time penalties too & could've nearly caused a number of crashes. And then a lot of fellows seemed to miss their time slot on the TT as they were sending lads off a few minutes before their official posted times, with resultant annoyance at final GC for some. But that's nothing to do with how Westport ran their race at all & is a CoC/ CI issue

This lad here on Facebook has them up and hes putting more up tonight/tomorrow of the TT and 3rd stage https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1319198582&fref=ts

2 out of the 4 in total who got the 2 penelities were our lads and wernt happy given how many people where across the white line and also how the commissaire came flying up the side to shout while oncoming traffic was heading our way. Imho it is actually safer to cross the white line. Just before the crash on stage 1 the bunch had been all on the right(left) side of the road and I decided to move up with a few other lads and then the crash happened just infront of where I had just been, I probably would of gone down had I not been the other side and its the case in many races.

On the TT times, I think they were running 3 minutes early (Mayo Mean Time ;) ) and due to one of our lads being "on time" cost him about 35 seconds and a place on the podium for the TT he reckons

Final results posted.
    There was some issues with obscure rider numbers.

http://www.westportcc.ie/2014/03/17/ras-mhaigh-eo-final-general-classification/

Re the TT starting times, timing officials were questioned and the 3 timers agreed the start time, it was not taken from one person!

Westport Covey Wheelers would like to thank everyone for a great weekend of racing and already look forward to 2015!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

299015.jpg

Think this is a certain Boardsie who did very well in the TT and finished in top 5 overall. (Orwell jersey) Well done

• Advertisement

Re the TT starting times, timing officials were questioned and the 3 timers agreed the start time, it was not taken from one person!

On that Patjoe did they know they were running lads 2 minutes ahead of their officially posted time??

Regardless, well done on a great event! Despite the fact that all our team of 4 were caught out by the TT timings (& we also picked up some ridiculous time penalties from the rabidly dangerous commissaire on stage#1!) we all were very impressed by the running of the race & the courses... fair play to you.

Advertisement