Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Chase

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Seconded.

All I will say is... well done on going for the £55k.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,618 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Please make this stop.

Ooh, chase me, chase me!

*blushes*

Cape Whataletdown? What a let down by the question setters... :o:o:D

Mother of god...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Well, at least it isn't a minus amount that Greg is going for... :)

Lonesome Penguin :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Just started watching. How much did they each win? They have a decent amount.

Just started watching. How much did they each win? They have a decent amount.

Kym won £5000

Louie went for the higher amount of £55000 :eek:

Greg went for the low amount of £1000...boo-urns!

• Advertisement

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 greilly123

You can download the chase app to I find it hard as the TV show

Kym won £5000

Louie went for the higher amount of £55000 :eek:

Greg went for the low amount of £1000...boo-urns!

<PEDANT>

Well, they brought through those amounts - they each won £20,333 for their respective charities. :o:);)

</PEDANT>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Degag wrote: »
    I'd love to see Kevin from Eggheads on it. Now he'd truly be a "Beast!"

Pat Gibson would be as good if not better.:cool:

An incredible episode yesterday.

After the first contestant was eliminated, the second, Marie, took the Beast's higher offer of £40k and got back. :)

Then Brian brought £6k to the table, Mark offered him £46k and minus £2k - and he took the minus. And he got back, and may very well have done so had he taken the higher offer. :(:( :rolleyes:

And then Kris built up £8k, Mr Labbett offered him £52k and minus £3k... I don't think I need to say what happened next. :(:(:( :mad: :mad: :mad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thankfully, Beastie Boy was on fire in the Final Chase, and chased down a target of 18 with 25 seconds to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

In my opinion, the Contestants should only win whatever they bring to the final chase. If I go through with 2k and you bring 40k, why should I be entitled to 21k?

It would sort out the weasels who take minus offers. Would it be the first show where a winner loses money? "Congratulations on your win, how will you be paying?"!

Skid X wrote: »
    In my opinion, the Contestants should only win whatever they bring to the final chase. If I go through with 2k and you bring 40k, why should I be entitled to 21k?

It would sort out the weasels who take minus offers. Would it be the first show where a winner loses money? "Congratulations on your win, how will you be paying?"!

They play as a team, so all are equal. Tonights looks interesting. €75,000 going into final round!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I know it's a team thing at the end but if me and someone else had won 6 grand each and someone came back with a minus taking money away from me they shouldn't win money.
    I'd be pretty annoyed sharing my money with them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I know it's a team thing at the end but if me and someone else had won 6 grand each and someone came back with a minus taking money away from me they shouldn't win money.
    I'd be pretty annoyed sharing my money with them

Sure but you have to look at the likelihood of you winning without the "weasel". There's the +1 they gain you just for coming back plus the greater spread of knowledge for answering the questions and the all important push-backs. 4 crucial push backs in todays program, Beasty-boy missed catching them by 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I watched that show while I was half cut so I'm open to correction here.

If I remember correctly, Marie who brought the 35K to the table encouraged both of the "weasels" to take the minus offer. As they'd have a better chance than her on her own. Again I'm open to correction but I think the guy on the left answered more questions in the final round.

While I'm here, I watched a double bill of the USA version thr other night. Load of sh1te. Never again.

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    While I'm here, I watched a double bill of the USA version thr other night. Load of sh1te. Never again.

I don't know what it is about the American show. It's got plenty of interaction, but absolutely NO athmospere. She's obviously reading (badly) from a script. Bradley is the KING of the Chase. He makes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Dj

I don't know what it is about the American show. It's got plenty of interaction, but absolutely NO athmospere. She's obviously reading (badly) from a script. Bradley is the KING of the Chase. He makes it.

It's funny the small differences they made to the show for the US market.
    Chaser doesn't walk out dramatically each time just sits there in case the viewers forget who he is.
    They point out both answers with an arrow when locked in
    the price money is much greater.

It's useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Yeah I saw some of it this week and its brutal stuff .

The host is terrible and I find all these American contestants too artificial ,everything is "awesome" and they are constantly smiling for no apparent reason.

Yeah I saw some of it this week and its brutal stuff .

The host is terrible and I find all these American contestants too artificial ,everything is "awesome" and they are constantly smiling for no apparent reason.

That and all the High fiving whenever they get a push-back

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭flazio

"Good job team":mad::mad::mad:
    Also, is there no longer a 5 second pressure to answer on the American version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

The us version is a piss take, saw the other day a man saying that he had 2/3 kids and your the host extremely enthusiastically says 'I CANT BELIEVE IT', the high fiving Murica thing going on is bloody cringe worthy, the crowd cheering aswell......Jesus Christ.

Another difference I noticed was that in the final round the contestants can answer as soon as they buzz. In the ITV version they have to wait for their name to be called. This can waste valuable seconds and give the chaser the advantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

I really hope the beast destroys all the Americans, there almost torture to listen to on this show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

sligojoek wrote: »
    Another difference I noticed was that in the final round the contestants can answer as soon as they buzz. In the ITV version they have to wait for their name to be called. This can waste valuable seconds and give the chaser the advantage.
    I felt the hostess is much slower at actually asking the questions of "The Beast". I watched two episodes and gave up, I felt it was stacked way too heavily in favour of the contestants, and the contestants just irritated me for some reason as well.

• Advertisement

I felt the hostess is much slower at actually asking the questions of "The Beast". I watched two episodes and gave up, I felt it was stacked way too heavily in favour of the contestants, and the contestants just irritated me for some reason as well.

I agree. Bradley can do it rapid-fire and never as much as a stutter.

Advertisement