Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entitlements

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Sami23

Thinking of leasing some land this year (6Ha) with no entitlements. I have entitlements on my own land and will qualify as 'young trained farmer' for new CAP.
    My question is will I be able to apply and receive entitlements from the national reserve next year for the leased land or will the national reserve be only for 'young trained farmers' with NO entitlements ? :confused::confused::confused:
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭merryberry

I don't think you are going to benefit from leasing additional land in 2014. The number of eligible hectares declared in 2013 or 2015 (whichever is the lowest) is used when calculating the number of entitlements brought forward to Basic Payment Scheme. Additional land in 2014 or 2015 will have no impact on number of entitlements that you bring forward to the new BPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Viewtodiefor

merryberry wrote: »
    I don't think you are going to benefit from leasing additional land in 2014. The number of eligible hectares declared in 2013 or 2015 (whichever is the lowest) is used when calculating the number of entitlements brought forward to Basic Payment Scheme. Additional land in 2014 or 2015 will have no impact on number of entitlements that you bring forward to the new BPS.

This is correct

Yes I understand this as in, say I had 15Ha declared in 2013 I know the number of new BPS entitlements next year I will receive will be 13.

My query remains though, will I be able to apply to the national reserve next year for new entitlements for the 6Ha I am thinking of leasing ? :confused:

Sami23 wrote: »
    Yes I understand this as in, say I had 15Ha declared in 2013 I know the number of new BPS entitlements next year I will receive will be 13.

My query remains though, will I be able to apply to the national reserve next year for new entitlements for the 6Ha I am thinking of leasing ? :confused:

U'll have to wait for the NR Spec I would think. It might depend on ur current entitlement value and where that sits in terms of national averages. This will not b known for certain until late 2015. Will the NR give u a top up if u are over the national average? Doubt it. NR may be subject to off farm income too in addition to the known eligibility criteria. Im only assuming that for people in ur position and who are eligible, the NR will b a top up on entitlements that u bring into the new payment system up to national average. Where is the fairness in getting 'new' entitlements on additional lands leased in.

• Advertisement

U'll have to wait for the NR Spec I would think. Where is the fairness in getting 'new' entitlements on additional lands leased in.

I know what your saying but where was the fairness when the installation aid scheme was cut without warning a few years ago either.

Sami23 wrote: »
    I know what your saying but where was the fairness when the installation aid scheme was cut without warning a few years ago either.

Try not worry urself about past events. There over now and u cant change them. Get urself the best deal u can under the new scheme. Im sure ur well aware of the young farmer top up, 60% building grant and supports for knowledge transfer. The some will avail of these to their advantage...others will crib about not getting installation aid

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Is there anywhere online to get value of entitlements for sale?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭benjydagg

Farmentitlements.ie gives a rough idea of value.

Advertisement