Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labeling food you want to freeze

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Cocolola wrote: »
    Also think the multiple freezer idea is mad, if you have your food packaged properly, how is it unhygienic to use one freezer?
    I don't package the meat. That way I have a convenient excuse for thawing and eating 8 striploin steaks and 18 beef medallions that have frozen together.

Plus, if yoou're to believe thegreatiam, there are badgers lurking around the freezers and they're not particularly hygienic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Oh right, yeah. That makes sense now.

Chinese badgers that eat pizza AND ice cream?

So now they can, despite not being the owners of opposable thumbs, they can fold a pizza and hold a spoon for eating ice cream?

Marvellous.

Can they juggle as well?

Just cos they are in the mnemonic doesn't mean they have to take part in the freezing process. The badgers don't have to eat the pizza.

Besides, I have reported your intolerance to Brian May, he will be seeking a public apology for your slander.
    badger-and-a-pizza1.jpg

Your argument is invalid.

depositphotos_4157383-Badger-Juggling.jpg

Just cos they are in the mnemonic doesn't mean they have to take part in the freezing process. The badgers don't have to eat the pizza.

Besides, I have reported your intolerance to Brian May, he will be seeking a public apology for your slander.
    badger-and-a-pizza1.jpg

Your argument is invalid.

depositphotos_4157383-Badger-Juggling.jpg

It still doesn't clarify how the (worst) story (ever) can still work with the badgers if you introduce pizza, what with their gluten intolerance. IIt just wouldn't make sense.

You'd recite it and then think you were wrong because there's no way there'd be badgers and pizza in the same story.

I mean, the thought of the mess they'd make when they had a reaction to the pizza would put you off your food.

Anyway, Brian May is gone to China to save their badgers. He won't be back for some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

I want thegreatiam and Alf to be my friends.

I want thegreatiam and Alf to be my friends.

What is your stand point on the frozen badger debate?

• Advertisement

Something something black and white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

I....like badgers? Will that do? Can I win you over with compliments? You're looking great today btw.

I....like badgers? Will that do? Can I win you over with compliments? You're looking great today btw.

(Plamás him with something about Chinese badgers. He'll buy it if his sister is captivated by them.)

It still doesn't clarify how the (worst) story (ever) can still work with the badgers if you introduce pizza, what with their gluten intolerance. IIt just wouldn't make sense.

You'd recite it and then think you were wrong because there's no way there'd be badgers and pizza in the same story.

I mean, the thought of the mess they'd make when they had a reaction to the pizza would put you off your food.

Anyway, Brian May is gone to China to save their badgers. He won't be back for some time.

When you put Pizza in the freezer the mnemoic becomes:
    chicken may stay, carrots peeled barely, captivate my sister pile on clever brigade badger China

The badgers never interact with the pizza.

Same if you add icecream
    chicken may stay, carrots I peeled barely, captivate my sister pile on clever brigade badger china

Or if you get married and have to freeze some Wedding Cake:
    chicken may stay, carrots peeled barely, Willingly Can captivate my sister on clever brigade badger china.

You dont add in the name of the item to the mnemonic, you think of a word with the same letter.

I think your confusion comes from the first mention of chicken. It is coincidentally representing chicken. But it could easily represent cod or Caligula if you had to freeze either of those things.

When you put Pizza in the freezer the mnemoic becomes:
    chicken may stay, carrots peeled barely, captivate my sister pile on clever brigade badger China

The badgers never interact with the pizza.

Same if you add icecream
    chicken may stay, carrots I peeled barely, captivate my sister pile on clever brigade badger china

Or if you get married and have to freeze some Wedding Cake:
    chicken may stay, carrots peeled barely, Willingly Can captivate my sister on clever brigade badger china.

You dont add in the name of the item to the mnemonic, you think of a word with the same letter.

I think your confusion comes from the first mention of chicken. It is coincidentally representing chicken. But it could easily represent cod or Caligula if you had to freeze either of those things.

Did your sister marry someone called Will who has a pet badger?

• Advertisement

Did your sister marry someone called Will who has a pet badger?

The capital is to show how the word is replaced. Will is a prick

The capital is to show how the word is replaced. Will is a prick

Not the Will, is it?

Oh, and

Not the Will, is it?

Oh, and

Your badger song attack has no effect on me as it is always in my head.

Your badger song attack has no effect on me as it is always in my head.

That was the point.

But still though. Your sisters piles and badgers eating pizza (and the subsequent mess)....how is someone meant to eat anything after that story.

Mine at least has some relevance to cooking because at least chickens are renowned for cooking and being able to east gluten and grains. More scope right there.

That was the point.

But still though. Your sisters piles and badgers eating pizza (and the subsequent mess)....how is someone meant to eat anything after that story.

Mine at least has some relevance to cooking because at least chickens are renowned for cooking and being able to east gluten and grains. More scope right there.

What if you have stuff in the freezer that doens't need cooking? Like camera film? You cant add that into your mnemonic, I can:

chicken may stay, carrots peeled barely, captivate my sister could fly on clever brigade badger china

What if you have stuff in the freezer that doens't need cooking? Like camera film? You cant add that into your mnemonic, I can:

chicken may stay, carrots peeled barely, captivate my sister could fly on clever brigade badger china

That only makes sense if you'lll need the camera film in that order.

Chickens mince steak, carrots peel (pea-l) beans, chickens mince steak and add onions, cabbage, banana, some berries. Chicken takes a photo of the food before putting the film in the freezer. Chicken eats the food. Ice cream for dessert.

Makes sense and it won't disrupt the flow of the story if the chicken takes the photo earlier in the process.

But, you know, good luck with your flying Chinese badger story.

That only makes sense if you'lll need the camera film in that order.

Why would you not put the film in that order? Tbh in this economy you'd be mad not to.

Why would you not put the film in that order? Tbh in this economy you'd be mad not to.

Some people were untouched by the recession. There's still craziness out there!

Some people were untouched by the recession. There's still craziness out there!

recession, im talking about the regrowth!
    You think I would put the camera film next to the steak if I was broke? haha, i'm not a philistine. That would be desperately bad form.

recession, im talking about the regrowth!
    You think I would put the camera film next to the steak if I was broke? haha, i'm not a philistine. That would be desperately bad form.

Some of the things you've committed to text today, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I'd have gone with:

Chicken minces steak, carrots peel (pea-l) beans, chicken minces more steak and adds onions, cabbage, banana, some berries. Chicken eats food.

Way easier to remember because it's like a little story.

You can have that for free.

I'd have gone with just writing that down on a piece of paper and sticking it to the freezer. Or writing on the freezerbags.

I'd have gone with just writing that down on a piece of paper and sticking it to the freezer. Or writing on the freezerbags.

If youre going to write it down then why would you need the mnemonic?

You wpuldn't put everything into the freezerbag so why would you write the mnemonic on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I don't normally comment but this is one of the oddest threads I've read in here.....

Yeah something really odd about storing food in a freezer :rolleyes:

I don't normally comment but this is one of the oddest threads I've read in here.....

8slDOi4.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

This thread

4-the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

1196.gif

1196.gif

He looks like a man who's expecting to find a freezer full of frozen badgers for dinner.

1196.gif

That picture has clearly been taken by a chicken with a camera

• Advertisement

That picture has clearly been taken by a chicken with a camera

I would have thought it was taken by a Chinese badger...

Advertisement