Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poet, Activist, Parkinson's sufferer and Granny (79) gets jailed for 6 months.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

So, his words not to be taken literally? Is that what you're saying? A 'turn of phrase' perhaps?

eh, the case was about a charge of trepass, so I think it is safe to assume they where talking about 'unauthorised' people.

You referred to both protestors as having cross examined witnesses in court. Sounds like they were mounting a defence. Strange that they didn't see the need to press home the tireless ends they went to ensure safety while recklessly trespassing on the runway
    No, they didn't mount anything other than a rudimentary defence and called witness's to testify about the validityof the protest instead.

I still haven't seen the evidence to back this claim up. In my experience ATCs do a fine job in this regard and I have nothing to be concerned about as an anything.
    I can't do links here, the link to the Shannonwatch site has been posted a few times.

So you are inferring that he is telling lies? To what end? Weather anyone had or had not seen them at whatever point would make no difference to the case in point and their successful conviction for trespass. Why would he risk a prison sentence himself by lying?

If he put flights into a hold from the moment they entered airside then it couldn't be claimed that any passenger was in any more danger than they would be in ordinary flight.
    Somebody has their sworns details wrong. (APS or ATC) is my point.

If there was a 15 minute delay from reporting of unauthorised people on the runway to suspension of flights, would that concern you as a pilot?.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    True, but then the video wasn't presented as evidence in court. Make of it what you wish.

Surely that video if authentic would have been used by any defence. Surely it speaks to the protestors intentions. That it wasn't used makes me think that it may not be what it is supposed to be.

Surely that video if authentic would have been used by any defence. Surely it speaks to the protestors intentions. That it wasn't used makes me think that it may not be what it is supposed to be.

They didn't mount a defence as they wanted to be convicted, that was the point of the protest.
    What makes you think it isn't genuine other than the phone call, is that not Shannon Runway?

They didn't mount a defence as they wanted to be convicted, that was the point of the protest.
    What makes you think it isn't genuine other than the phone call, is that not Shannon Runway?

Again you try to take facts and spin them. Where did I call in the authenticity of the video? I merely implied that the phone call could have been to anyone anywhere. The person on the other end never identifies themselves or even mentions what organisation they work for. For all we know it could be Pat down in the local pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

On it's Shannon runway alright, that's why the video that they posted on youtube was used as evidence against them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

yeah shame on you trying to prove stuff with facts hrmphff

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭jimboblep

Shakti wrote: »
    yeah shame on you trying to prove stuff with facts hrmphff

your right people on the left dont seem to like facts that dont suit their agenda

it's not about left or right it's about what's in front of your face

Again you try to take facts and spin them. Where did I call in the authenticity of the video? I merely implied that the phone call could have been to anyone anywhere. The person on the other end never identifies themselves or even mentions what organisation they work for. For all we know it could be Pat down in the local pub.

Originally Posted by Deleted Userviewpost.gif

Surely that video if authentic

Apologies, but you did say the above. I get you now.

No idea who they rang.
    Seems genuine to me though and the transcript has testimony of a call coming in.

You mean like someone trespassing on an active runway and endangering lives? Like dismissing the expert witnesses that stated lives were endangered because you know, she is a pacifist she would never INTENTIONALLY endanger innocent lives :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

bumper234 wrote: »
    On it's Shannon runway alright, that's why the video that they posted on youtube was used as evidence against them.

In court? That's news to me, have you a source?

In court? That's news to me, have you a source?

Seek and ye shall find, not feeding you anymore. You dismiss witness testimony and refuse to listen to reason, you twist things to suit yourself so I am not helping you anymore. The video that your idiotic heroine and her ilk posted on youtube was used as evidence against them, that's all I will say on that matter.

like the people on this thread who claimed she was not a criminal
    despite this not even being her first time in prison
    to the poster who tried to argue that she was imprisoned for not signing the bond
    to others who claim she didnt endanger passengers
    all facts that were avoided despite them being in front of theyre face

jimboblep wrote: »
    to the poster who tried to argue that she was imprisoned for not signing the bond

qui bono

Seek and ye shall find, not feeding you anymore. You dismiss witness testimony and refuse to listen to reason, you twist things to suit yourself so I am not helping you anymore. The video that your idiotic heroine and her ilk posted on youtube was used as evidence against them, that's all I will say on that matter.

We all understand what your real concerns are on this thread. Work away bumper234 you are fun at this stage.

qui bono

are you asking what advantage i had to gain
    or what advantage the posters had to gain
    also hate to be pedantic its cui-bono

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

eh, the case was about a charge of trepass, so I think it is safe to assume they where talking about 'unauthorised' people.

So it's perfectly ok for you to assume the obvious, but the rest of us when we do the same are just wrong. That figures.

No, they didn't mount anything other than a rudimentary defence and called witness's to testify about the validityof the protest instead.

So they did mount a defense. And they seemed to want to show how they had taken precautions (although 2 aircraft having to hold at shannon could hardly be described as a quite period), so why would they not have teased that out further, if in fact there was anything to tease out.

If he put flights into a hold from the moment they entered airside then it couldn't be claimed that any passenger was in any more danger than they would be in ordinary flight.
    Somebody has their sworns details wrong. (APS or ATC) is my point.

Now, I've made this clear to you before. A flight having to hold at Shannon for 17 minutes, or 12, or infact 5, could certainly not be described as ordinary.

If there was a 15 minute delay from reporting of unauthorised people on the runway to suspension of flights, would that concern you as a pilot?.

I'm not entirely clear how you have concocted this piece of information, but if there were no flights as your crowd keep claiming, why would flights need to be suspended?

What about the stuff being avoided and said by the side you are on?

Failure to say who is responsible or jointly responsible for overseeing the runway?
    A number of discrepanccies in the testimony of witnesses, explained away as 'turns of phrase' or 'of no significance'
    Describing being 'in a hold' as being in danger.
    Now, quoting stuff and not backing it up with sources.
    Emotive twaddle about 'heavily laden jets trying to land'
    Sexist and disgusting remarks to denegrate.
    etc etc.

We all understand what your real concerns are on this thread. Work away bumper234 you are fun at this stage.

I have no concerns whatsoever, my concerns ended the moment the common criminal.was sentenced, her getting herself locked away for 3 months was an added bonus.

are you asking what advantage i had to gain
    or what advantage the posters had to gain
    also hate to be pedantic its cui-bono

no not you personally,
    who benefits from using shannon as a military airport and silencing any dissent?,
    pedant accepted and noted,

• Advertisement

What about the stuff being avoided and said by the side you are on?

Failure to say who is responsible or jointly responsible for overseeing the runway?
    A number of discrepanccies in the testimony of witnesses, explained away as 'turns of phrase' or 'of no significance'
    Describing being 'in a hold' as being in danger.
    Now, quoting stuff and not backing it up with sources.
    Emotive twaddle about 'heavily laden jets trying to land'
    Sexist and disgusting remarks to denegrate.
    etc etc.

its not relevant whose responsible for overseeing the runway their ability or lack thereof is not a licence for the protesters to commit crime
    you know about personal responsibility
    as for witness testimony we have the judge comment on endangerment and expert witness whose sworn statements you simply ignored
    I did not ignore what you see as a discrepancy i addressed it as best i could
    and as for emotive language read back through this thread and see who uses emotive language the most
    and there has been plenty of insulting comments on both sides

So it's perfectly ok for you to assume the obvious, but the rest of us when we do the same are just wrong. That figures.

Why in a case about trespass would he be talking about authorised personnel?

So they did mount a defense. And they seemed to want to show how they had taken precautions (although 2 aircraft having to hold at shannon could hardly be described as a quite period), so why would they not have teased that out further, if in fact there was anything to tease out.
    That is as much as they tried to do. I agree, not very successfully, they had no defence and represented themselves.

Now, I've made this clear to you before. A flight having to hold at Shannon for 17 minutes, or 12, or infact 5, could certainly not be described as ordinary.

Forget about the protest for a minute.
    If flights where put in a hold for some other reason at Shannon, would the passengers be in more 'danger' than they would be in ordinary flight?

Frequent flyers will be interested in your answer as a pilot, I am sure.

I'm not entirely clear how you have concocted this piece of information, but if there were no flights as your crowd keep claiming, why would flights need to be suspended?

Who is claiming there where no flights?

You are racking up the unanswered questions too. I'll try again, never mind the protest for a moment, I just want to know a pilot's view on this.
    Would 15 mins to raise the alarm with ATC be a cause of concern?

p.s. bumper claims to have a link to a version of the trial that he is childishly keeping to himself, maybe he will PM it to you or somebody will link to the shannonwatch report.

no not you personally,
    who benefits from using shannon as a military airport and silencing any dissent?,
    pedant accepted and noted,

now i may have picked you up wrong but are you saying america had some direct influence on this case

now i may have picked you up wrong but are you saying america had some direct influence on this case

I was asking you,

Why in a case about trespass would he be talking about authorised personnel?

That is as much as they tried to do. I agree, not very successfully, they had no defence and represented themselves.

Forget about the protest for a minute.
    If flights where put in a hold for some other reason at Shannon, would the passengers be in more 'danger' than they would be in ordinary flight?

Frequent flyers will be interested in your answer as a pilot, I am sure.

Who is claiming there where no flights?

You are racking up the unanswered questions too. I'll try again, never mind the protest for a moment, I just want to know a pilot's view on this.
    Would 15 mins to raise the alarm with ATC be a cause of concern?

p.s. bumper claims to have a link to a version of the trial that he is childishly keeping to himself, maybe he will PM it to you or somebody will link to the shannonwatch report.

Where do I claim this? Are you saying there is more than one "version" of the trial? :confused:

its not relevant whose responsible for overseeing the runway their ability or lack thereof is not a licence for the protesters to commit crime
    Who said it was, they broke the law and knew exactly what they where doing and the consequences in court.
    It is relevant when trying to prove why the protesters entered where they did?
    as for witness testimony we have the judge comment on endangerment
    I'll let you answer the cui bono question first before I comment.
    and expert witness whose sworn statements you simply ignored
    Ignored? I have been talking about them all afternoon.
    I did not ignore what you see as a discrepancy i addressed it as best i could
    Yes you did, I wasn't neccesarily referring to just you, but the 'side' you are on.
    and as for emotive language read back through this thread and see who uses emotive language the most
    You didn't hear me using sexist and disparaging remarks. I have to be able to look older people and women like my mother and grandmother in the eye. I really do wonder how some people on here manage that, must be very duplicitious people, thinking one disgusting thing and saying another.

I was asking you,

no i dont believe for a second it did for two reasons
    1if they could directly influence this case i don't believe ms D'arcy would have got the option to sign the bond it would of been straight to jail as you would probably agree America is not famed for mercy
    2 If they had that level of influence the woman who attacked the plane in 2005 (I believe it was) would definitely have served time,as they would want to send a message that any attacks on US equipment would be punished

Where do I claim this? Are you saying there is more than one "version" of the trial? :confused:

What are you saying then.
    I have seen some childish huffs on boards, this is a new one.

'I've got something and you're not seeing it!'

Who said it was, they broke the law and knew exactly what they where doing and the consequences in court.
    It is relevant when trying to prove why the protesters entered where they did?
    they entered there to gain access to the runway very simple
    I'll let you answer the cui bono question first before I comment.answered
    Ignored? I have been talking about them all afternoon.
    only the part that suited you
    Yes you did, I wasn't neccesarily referring to just you, but the 'side' you are on.

You didn't hear me using sexist and disparaging remarks. I have to be able to look older people and women like my mother and grandmother in the eye. I really do wonder how some people on here manage that, must be very duplicitious people, thinking one disgusting thing and saying another.
    neither have i but if you look back their has been posts comparing people on the right to nazis

sorry about the mixed in answers but working off a phone that doesnt like me

• Advertisement

no i dont believe for a second it did for two reasons
    1if they could directly influence this case i don't believe ms D'arcy would have got the option to sign the bond it would of been straight to jail as you would probably agree America is not famed for mercy
    2 If they had that level of influence the woman who attacked the plane in 2005 (I believe it was) would definitely have served time,as they would want to send a message that any attacks on US equipment would be punished

Why then did the 2005 case get acquitted while miss D'Arcy languishes if anything (2) is a lot more serious,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement