Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTMB 2014

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Ok so, thanks. Looks like I'll have to check a bag.

Hopefully I'll see one or two other runners heading over for this on Wednesday morning in the airport :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Xavier is a cool name. Xavier Thevenard, the winner.
    Best of luck to the Irish still out on the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Grahamor has gone through 95km in just over 24 hours! Currently in pos #908.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Enduro

Good finishes int the TDS from Zoran, Mike Jordan, and possibly the fastest couple in the race, Greg and Grainne. Pol should be finished soon too. Hard luck to the lads who didn't make it around. It's a hard hard race and the drop out rate is huge (>40%)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Enduro

Peterx wrote: »
    Xavier is a cool name. Xavier Thevenard, the winner.
    Best of luck to the Irish still out on the course.

Cool name, and a heck of a runner. He's last year's UTMB winner (and the UTMB record holder).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Dogsly going well in the CCC. Good steady pace. He's 40km in, about 7 hours racing. Think he's done about 3000 metres of climbing already with 60km to go.

In the middle of a 20km descent then about another four climbs, roughly 1000 metre each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

He's made about 140 places in last 7 hours. Impressive stuff, making places all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    He's made about 140 places in last 7 hours. Impressive stuff, making places all the time.
    How dss do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

CCC14 in the bag. Absolutely incredible event. Stunningly beautiful but unbelievably tough.

I did well for 80k but the last climb after Vallorcine knocked the stuffing out of me and I struggled home in just under 19hrs and 272 place.

Well done to all who took on the various distances. Respect to one and all.

I'll be back:)

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

The TDS nearly killed me ! The half way part from Bourg St Maurice to Cormet de Roselend is incredibly cruel.

I started suffering from altitude sickness at this stage but managed to keep it under control.

Weather was outstanding and scenery beautiful as always.

I came home in 31.30 so cutting it fairly fine. Got a second wind in the last 8k and ran home and got great cheers coming into Chamonix.

• Advertisement
Advertisement