Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What used to freak you out?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

Freddy Krueger (Nightmare On Elm Street- I'm not sure how I got to see this as a kid but it frightened the life out of me...the song is so creepy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Clayface, from "Batman: The Animated series" used to scare the **** out of me...had nightmares of him for a bit!

Clayface-Batman.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

This is a bit random but I used have an awful fear of divers when I was little. Any man in a wet suite scared the bejaysus out of me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I saw the opening of Polanskis Macbeth on the telly when I was about four.It opened with the wounded soldier being battered to death with a mace and chains and was immedietly followed by this sequence.I was traumatised by the sight of the severed hand and diden't watch any more of it.It was only when I saw it again more than 20 years later that I found out what it was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The opening sequence to The Box Of Delights.I don't think I even got to see the programme itself but I vivedly remember seeing this opening sequence,my parents may not have allowed me watch it I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the dark,

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Noobascious

Kids calling me a freak and a weirdo. But they covered their evil bullying ways through the introduction of mental health laws. Now I'm locked up in an institution for doing absolutely nothing. It's a modern day concentration camp I had no intentions of hurting myself or others until I got put inhere. Now the thoughts of revenge are constant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Fafasmurf

Worzel Gummage. Oh man was he scary! The hair, the nose, the hands, the legs, the hay and worst of all, the accent!
    Same reason I couldn't watch the (old) Weetabix ad when the sacrecrow would hop down of his perch. *shudder*

Another was the theme tune to Inspector Gadget (but I like it now) :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

For me,it was the Sugar Puffs Honeymonster. I absoluely hated him so much as a kid that I used to leave the room whenever those "I want My honey" adverts came on the television. The second you heard that music you knew exactly what was coming. It didn't help that my mum and sister used to tease me about them either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Ted Plain

When I was really young I used to think TV was a two-way thing. The live shows where the presenters spoke out to the viewers, that is, not things like movies and cartoons.

I used to watch Tiswas on Saturday mornings in my PJs hiding behind the couch, terrified that they could see me. :-)

Tales of the Unexpected was great. The theme tune was fantastic and so was Roald Dahl introducing the stories. My favourite episode was The Landlady. That was a creepy one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Tales of the Unexpected was great. The theme tune was fantastic and so was Roald Dahl introducing the stories. My favourite episode was The Landlady. That was a creepy one.

That one is classic. It had to be an influence to the movie House of Wax. The guy in it reminded me of a young Steve Davis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭George White

Faith+1 wrote: »
    That one is classic. It had to be an influence to the movie House of Wax. The guy in it reminded me of a young Steve Davis.

House of Wax is a remake of a 1953 film, itself a remake of a 1933 film.
    The 2005 House of Wax however borrows more from another film, 1978's Tourist Trap.

Advertisement