Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Discuss acceptable/unacceptable ICT qualifications here

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

Catdog33 wrote: »
    Robust IT? Was a little dubious but went ahead as I hadn't a clue where to sit an exam without doing like a year long night course at tech??

Can't believe I'm only finding this out the day before. Have spent the last three hours fretting instead of preparing! Any advice on where to sit the exam at short notice?

If they mis-sold it to you you should try and get your money back too - I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

wanadrum wrote: »
    If they mis-sold it to you you should try and get your money back too - I did.

Did you wanadrum, I didn't realise you had similar problems (obviously you got sorted in time). I know I should be going for a refund but haven't done so yet... Know I'll have a argument to get one, Open IT were less than helpful when I got in touch after finding out they aren't BCS accredited

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

.S. wrote: »
    Did you wanadrum, I didn't realise you had similar problems (obviously you got sorted in time). I know I should be going for a refund but haven't done so yet... Know I'll have a argument to get one, Open IT were less than helpful when I got in touch after finding out they aren't BCS accredited

Yes, full refund from open it!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Hey guys, i know this hasnt been used in a few weeks but just an update for anyone who isnt aware - Becasue i had let deloitte know that my online cert wasnt valid and i wouldnt be attending my AC, i have been given 3 weeks to sit the ECDL exam and a fresh AC date. its a goodwill gesture for those who were in the same boat as me as we all had faith that the online was what we needed. if anyone on here is in the same situation as me and contacted deloitte about it, CHECK YOUR EMAIL, you may have been given a second chance at this!
    Im booked in for my ECDL exam tomorrow so fingers crossed all goes well and i have my Cert in time!
    Also, shop around for prices, ive managed to get one for under £100 but have been quoted as much as £250!
    Good luck to everyone!

Can I ask where you have managed to book a test? I've phoned Bryson house who say the girl that deals with it is ok leave!! And QUB only let students and staff take it (even though I've done two degrees with them previously!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Rizzley

Catdog33 wrote: »
    Can I ask where you have managed to book a test? I've phoned Bryson house who say the girl that deals with it is ok leave!! And QUB only let students and staff take it (even though I've done two degrees with them previously!!)

Try the Sandy Row IT Centre

Rizzley wrote: »
    Try the Sandy Row IT Centre

Thanks will try them now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Bob Law

Sent you a PM with the name of the person to speak to. Friend of mine works there.

Bob Law wrote: »
    Sent you a PM with the name of the person to speak to. Friend of mine works there.

Thanks got sorted spoke to him yesterday morning and booked in for this week! Had my AC yesterday and it was pretty traumatic so may not even need the silly ecdl anyway lol! Thanks for all your help just can't believe I didn't know you could do the test by itself!

Advertisement