Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlander [Starz]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

That was tough to watch! I haven't read the books so I'm not sure what to expect from next season. Hopefully it'll be back before the end of the year.

Goodness,the first half hour contained some harrowing scenes,must have been very tough on the two actors featured (Sam Heughan & Tobias Menzies),during the filming! You really felt for Jamie's character,Randall makes Ramsay Bolton look like a right wuss!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

Season 2 casts update
    Dominique Piñon as Master Raymond, a small kindly apothecary who is described as being “a mysterious healer” with a great deal of knowledge regarding secret matters, both political and occult. Though generally viewed with suspicion by his contemporaries, Master Raymond forms a special bond with Claire

Rosie Day as Mary Hawkins, the daughter of a minor baronet and the niece of Silas Hawkins. Engaged to a member of the French nobility, Mary, who struggles with a nervous stammer, finds herself being used as a pawn in the power plays of her elders

Andrew Gower as Prince Charles Edward Stuart the young heir to the exiled Catholic royal dynasty who is plotting his return to the throne. An unlikely leader with an unabashed taste for alcohol and women, Prince Charles is hell-bent on glory — no matter what the cost

Romann Berrux as Fergus, a young French pickpocket who is fiercely loyal to the Frasers and would gladly lay down his life to protect them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭JimboJones99

I am absolutely raging I completely missed the fact that the second half of the series was back on in April. Anybody have any idea where I can catch up on the second half? I dont think the boxset is out until the end of September

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stuckintipp

Hi, has the season finale been aired on RTE?

We were recording the series and when we finally caught up today after completing episode 15 we realised episode 16 has not yet recorded. Has the recorder messed up on us or is the finale still to be shown.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Sparko

Yes it was shown a few weeks ago on RTE so it looks like your series link messed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stuckintipp

Sparko wrote: »
    Yes it was shown a few weeks ago on RTE so it looks like your series link messed up.

Thanks for response.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

I am absolutely raging I completely missed the fact that the second half of the series was back on in April. Anybody have any idea where I can catch up on the second half? I dont think the boxset is out until the end of September

might like to try the internet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 2 teaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭eire4

Still working my way through season one and enjoying it. A bit of a slow burner at first but I am enjoying it now. 3 episodes left to go to finish the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭JimboJones99

This is being repeated on RTE 2 late on Sunday nights, the first 2 episodes were on last Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

back on April 12th RTE2

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭NinetyForNone

FYI Season 2 Episode 1 pre-aired on-line.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

Did we catch it? Have to say, it's so good to have Jamie and Claire back. And Murtagh too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I'm waiting to watch ep 1 & 2...i am flying to Oz at the end of next week so i'm going to watch them on the plane - that will kill 2hrs, just need to fill in the other 22 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭NinetyForNone

mel.b wrote: »
    I'm waiting to watch ep 1 & 2...i am flying to Oz at the end of next week so i'm going to watch them on the plane - that will kill 2hrs, just need to fill in the other 22 now!
    Have you seen The Pillars of the Earth?
    It's a good historical drama.

Bit of a slow start to season 2 in Outlander but it picked up...

Have you seen The Pillars of the Earth?
    It's a good historical drama.

Bit of a slow start to season 2 in Outlander but it picked up...

Yep, seen that & read the book. Enjoyed both if them. I've been resisting the latest season of surviour & the amazing race, so will get those & also think there id a new season of new girl, so with those, a colouring book, & a book to read i should have enough to occupy me.

The last ep went a bit too far with the horrible rape scene on the young lad.

• Advertisement

I've just watched je suis prest. Did anyone else find it a paricularly moving episode? There was just something elegiac about it. And the music, oh man, Bear is some composer. The music in the first 20 mins is mind blowing. This season is getting stronger. Am glad we are back in Scotland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I've just watched je suis prest. Did anyone else find it a paricularly moving episode? There was just something elegiac about it. And the music, oh man, Bear is some composer. The music in the first 20 mins is mind blowing. This season is getting stronger. Am glad we are back in Scotland.

The colours and some of the shots were amazing as well. It felt like real Outlander again, so happy to be gone from France.

The colours and some of the shots were amazing as well. It felt like real Outlander again, so happy to be gone from France.

Yes and the battle drilling cut with Clare's WW2 experience was exceptional. As was the beautiful ballad that framed the scenes with Jamie prepping his men for war. Strongest episode yet. Do we have one more before the mid season break, I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

As far as I know, there is no mid-season break because there's only 13 episodes this time around, finishing up mid July :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

And now it's all over for another year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just saw the last episode. Brilliantly done.
    S3, they all go back ?

I haven't read beyond book 2 but did I sense the three would travel? Loved the episode, the exchange between Jamie and Murtagh, Jamie and Fergus and Jamie and Claire in particular. Am not sure how I feel about brianna though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Well, they seem to have set it up that way by a) establishing the ancestry of Roger and b) the conversation about Jamie not being able to travel through the stones.

Genealogy Forum Mod

It was so exciting to see Gellis pop up too.

• Advertisement

Book 3 spoiler
    Only Claire travels back to Jamie

Book 4 Spoiler
    Brianna travels back in time and Roger follows her later

I stopped reading the series part way through book 5 but
    IMHO it gets a bit ridiculous as Brianna (and Roger) start travelling back and forth for various reasons and even manage to communicate through time by writing letters and leaving them in various places to be 'discovered' 200yrs later. The focus of the series also shifts to early America and the civil war and I much preferred it when it was set in Scotland.

Advertisement