Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2014

Options

Comments

Loughmore have yet to turn up. 7-1 down after 13 minutes. Congrats to Moyne Templetouhy on winning the intermediate final. hard luck to Skeheenarinky on their Munster exit but congrats to them on their promotion and on winning the Jnr A final last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Loughmore have yet to turn up. 7-1 down after 13 minutes. Congrats to Moyne Templetouhy on winning the intermediate final. hard luck to Skeheenarinky on their Munster exit but congrats to them on their promotion and on winning the Jnr A final last week.

Sars looking very good. 9-3 now.

EDIT Goal for Loughmore

0-9 1-3

Goal for Sars - MOB

1-17 to 2-07 now

John McGrath, Liam McGrath and Mikey O'Brien with the goals so far.

Sars the better team so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,675 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

2:22 to 2:11 sars running away with it. Almost over.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

2:22 to 2:11 sars running away with it. Almost over.

It was over before that second goal but its definately over now. Congrats to the Sars

Was hoping the Sars would have also won the intermediate today because in effect it would have meant that no team would be promoted to senior next season.

The Tipperary SHC next year would have consisted of 30 teams. As it is it is 31 teams. Hoping it will be cut to 29 next year and 27 year after.

Next year

North - 14 Teams :eek:
    1. Ballina,
    2. Borrisilleagh,
    3. Borrisokane,
    4. Burgess,
    5. Kildangan,
    6. Kilruane,
    7. Lorrha,
    8. Moneygall,
    9. Nenagh,
    10. Silvermines
    11. Templederry,
    12. Toomevara,
    13. Portroe
    14. Roscrea

South - 4 Teams
    1. Mullinahone,
    2. Killenaule,
    3. Carrick Swan,
    4. Ballingarry

Mid - 9 Teams
    1. Sars,
    2. Drom/Inch,
    3. Loughmore,
    4. Holycross
    5. Upperchurch
    6. Moyne
    7. Moycarkey Borris
    8. Jk Brackens
    9. Boherlahan-Dualla

West - 4 Teams
    1. Clonoulty
    2. Kickhams
    3. Cappawhite
    4. Annacarthy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

I think he doesn't fit Eamon's game plan as a wing forward still, for sure. Was inconsistent throughout the championship for Thurles - certainly out performed by McCormack and Pa Bourke. Those two players would not meet the benchmark of what's required at wing forward or Limerick either I'd venture...

Pa and McCormack are both scoring forwards in the mold of Bubbles and Seamie - but I'd say they're not as good as those players. We need ball winning workers with good engines who can chip in with scores....

Still hope Denis proves me wrong...but I can't see it - still think Gar, O'Riordan, Niall O'Meara are better bets...maybe John McGrath, Conor Kenny or Brian Stapleton ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mollymaloney

I was pretty impressed with Denis Maher today. Grabbed a lot of clean ball and took some nice scores. Garoaid and Noel McGrath have been both pretty well unimpressive against the Thurles half back line, last week and today. There is a bit of ''boldness' in McCormack that mightn't go astray against the likes of Kilkenny but am I wrong in thinking that he can be somewhat selfish with the ball, not a man to give a pass too often. John McGrath too showed some nice touches. I believe that if some of these lads were getting a few league games and playing along side better hurlers, they might just show their worth.

I think too, now with the championship completed, that Tipperary badly need to look at the club structure in the county. While I wish Moyne Templetouhy all the best in the comming year, on today's performance they will struggle in the Mid championship against the likes of Drom or Thurles, or indeed Loughmore. Mullinahone's display in the semi final was well far removed from what would be considered to be senior hurling. Too many clubs listed in the above post would not be capable of offering a serious challenge to some of the Kilkenny intermediate clubs. For the sake of our county team, this is an issue that needs to be addressed urgently.

Yeah, but one swallow doesn't make a summer...

Tipp need to create a 6 man forward line that works as a unit...the problem is not just a lack of ball winning ability in the half forwards - it's engine, pressure, and work-rate - getting up and down the field - like Larkin, the Fennellys, T.J. Reid...

We have plenty of scoring forwards...that's not a problem...

if look at the stats from the ALL-IRELAND replay - while catching ball over a player's head lifts the crowd and is great - it doesn't put points on the board but it does demoralize players and fans...- but we were outworked pure and simple in that game...out fought - that's not to say we didn't fight we did. It was a massive improvement.

But to think that Denis Maher fits the system and can do a job in the half forward in the modern game - in O'Shea's system of movement....can't see it - not that type of player. And he's simply not good enough to take Callinan's 14 position yet...but maybe he can play inside beside Seamus - but I don't see him working as a half forward - getting up and down the field- does not have the pace or engine- Kilkenny are not Loughmore - that has to be the benchmark for Tipp.

If you look back over the game you'll see Gar took a lot of ball from short puck outs and sprayed it into the forwards many times - came straight back out though...

Ye have to feel sorry for Noel McGrath when **** like this gets written:

With 16 minutes gone and Sars already kicking back with their feet up on their desks, Noel McGrath and Ronan Maher caught referee Johnny Ryan’s eye as they rolled around in the dirt. Maher is the younger brother of All Star defender Pádraic and a Tipp panellist himself but any hint of fellow feeling with McGrath from their summer’s journey together was a hazy memory now.
    Sars led 0-8 to 0-1 by this stage and their efforts to marginalise Loughmore- Castleiney’s stand-out player from the game – sometimes by fair means, sometimes not – had been thunderously successful. McGrath appealed for a little of the referee’s protection but Ryan wagged his finger at them both and Maher just shrugged, happy to spend the rest of the afternoon driving home the Sarsfields point. Thurles Tarzan, Loughmore- Castleiney Jane.

Was really only giving my opinion---******* . Apologies for intruding on your forum.

I wasn't talking about you!!!

I was talking about the chunk of writing i quoted underneath

• Registered Users Posts: 17,675 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Congrats to sars on winning.

They really should be looking at winning the all Ireland club. Possibly the most talented town hurling wise in Ireland. I know lads who were unbelievably talented but just couldn't make the team and subsequently packed it in. Kevin o Gorman came on as a sub, isn't he the lad that was full back on the tipp under 21s a number of years ago? Just shows the strength and depth of their squad.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Mea culpa---- put it down to the frustration that comes from years of following Borrisoleigh.

Does the the size of the attendence yesterday [5591- i believe] say something about the state of hurling in Tipp. Hard now to believe that there were 20,000-- and 17,000+ at Tipp county finals not that long ago. We stayed for the presentation and it was pitiful to see the small number of Sarsfield's supporters present.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,139 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Do they play Cratloe next sunday?

they do - 7 sundays in a row for some

• Advertisement

West Limerick Colleges 3-17 St Flannan’s College Ennis 0-9
    Scoil Na Trionoide Naofa Doon 3-17 DLS Waterford 3-10
    Castletroy CC 2-13 Gaelcolaiste Mhuire AG 0-18
    Rochestown College 1-18 PS Youghal 1-8
    St Caimins Shannon 2-16 Our Ladys Templemore 1-10
    Hamilton HS Bandon 5-13 HS Clonmel 3-13
    Midleton CBS 3-12 Dungarvan CBS 1-11

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Moyorris

Indiscipline costs a Tipperary Club once again.When will they learn.

What did he do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Must have done something serious to get a straight red after ten seconds of the game.

Yes, if it was the right call. I didn't see it though...

-1 quiger's avatar - Go to profile
    quiger 80p · 8 hours ago
    Geez Maher sent off at the throw in what the hell was going on there for him to have put his team in such a huge hole.
    Reply1 reply · active 4 hours ago
    Sarsfan · 4 hours ago
    Was there and still cant believe the ref's performance, absolutely disgraceful, fair play to Cratloe, why wouldn't they be delighted and take advantage of the extra man but Sars had no chance with the ref, think even the ref himself realised he had wronged them badly throughout the whole game when he started giving Sars free's that weren't even deserved in the last ten minutes, too late though and poor Denis Maher didn't deserve that call, hope the ref is truly ashamed of himself, don't think he has a bright future in that career!!!! Best of luck Cratloe in the final!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

very harsh sending off it was literary the first blow of the game after the ball was throwing in , it had a huge difference to the rest of the game as thurles had lar corbett playing in a far deeper role in mid field or center forward , although kilmallock take note of thurles's quick puck outs over the last ten minuets it caused havoc

thurles could have won the game today with 14 men had they been better in front of goal especially with there free, ask any clare supporter about cathal mcalister and they will grind there teeth after the u21 final this year against wexford, while dennis was foolish to strike liam markam so early , the ref should have known the rivalry at stake between the two counties in general and let a few things go early on, and while it was a very good game to watch it cant be ignored the diferance the sending off made

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Firstly, I was at the game and had a very good view from the centre of the field. My after thoughts are that no player is battle hardened after five seconds. The Tipp man far too excited and over determined. The Clare man went down like a sack of potatoes, in my opinion as a result of pain and shock but you cannot expect a player to be battle hardened after a few seconds.

This is something you would never see in a professional game like the premership where players are coached to keep their cool especially early on in a game and even if they go a goal down their mind set will always be "there is plenty of time".

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Moyorris

If this was a bad decision,then referees need to practice the same control,they would like the players to have.This happened to Loughmore,last year.

Advertisement