Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra Child support

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭lougholad

btw ash i think it is fantastic what you have done with your life and i mean that from the bottom of my heart.. I have seen plenty of woman in pretty much the same situation and are 100 times now more better off educationaly and finacially.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Seeking mediation would be a good move. If you could take your daughter more, like 3/7, 4/7 then maybe you could pay no weekly maintenance but agree to pay half of everything instead, half school costs, clothes ect.

You're currently paying 700 to your parents per month, 300 to the mother, to me, on paper at least, you could afford to have your own home. If you need a 1 bedroom flat for a period of time, or move to a different part of Dublin (not Carlow) I'm sure you could manage, where there's a will, there's a way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

lougholad wrote: »
    1- I never said i wanted my daughter more i said I would gladly take 300e a month and take her the days that my ex takes her and survive with ease.

2- i get 24k a year. 100e to my pension 100e to shares in the company then tax. Im pretty sure there is alot of people in the country at the moment who would love this wage.

3- Im currently running a small division within the company. (i dont just push pens). Hopefully with time my wage will reflect this but for know it dosnt

4- I am on the housing list since last week but theres 7 year waiting list.

5- there is nowhere in the country i could move to and run a 2 bed for 1000e a month. plus travel to work and food

Thanks for clarifying that. Point one, you wouldn't if you had to put a roof over her head so you really need to get out of this thinking that your ex is having a great time of it as it does you no favours. If you had your daughter the days your ex has her you would have to have a house. It simply wouldn't be good enough for you to have her living in a room with you in your parents house. That's fine if it's the odd night. So you might have 300e more a month in your pocket but you would be paying for everything your child needs, including accommodation and all the other bills associated with that plus her day to day needs.

That wage is fine but again, there's vast room for improvement and it's great that there's scope for improvement. But again, it's not your exs fault that she is better off than you. You really have to get out of the frame of mind that your ex is being greedy by looking for extra money. Your ex got married and now has a two income household. But your child is your and your exs responsibility and I really think that if you sat and worked out all the costs you'd find that your ex is shouldering a lot of it. The fact that she can afford to is great for your daughter. But rather than being defensive and dismissive when she looks for additional income, you should hear her out. A childs needs and costs will change over the years and it's imo to be expected that maintenance would vary over the years.
    Again mediation might be a better idea than court so you can both put your sides forward and see where the other is coming from.

Your circumstances might change over the years. You might meet someone and be able to move out and get your own place, much like your ex has done.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭lougholad

she would never go through a mediator.. ive asked her on several occasions..

sure ill keep you all posted work to be done :)

Advertisement