Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Application Information

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 raregroove

Hi. I got my police certificates last November, thinking that the EIC applications would open in December. I received my Australian cert on 6th Nov, UK one on 19th and Irish one on 28th. They are supposed to be valid for three months, so will they be invalid if stage 2 of the application happens after 6th or 19th Feb? Should I apply for new ones now?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

I've got a question about the passport that someone might be to help me with.

I'm planning on going to South America this summer for 3-4 weeks before heading to Canada in October 2014. If my passport gets stamped when in South America will that matter when I arrive in Canada as I won't have those stamps on the passport photo that I will be including with my IEC Visa application passport.

Just to clarify, the 'passport photo' you provide in IEC, is a scan of the 'Photo page' of your passport. You do not need to send them scan of your visa pages.

So it won't make any difference where you go or what stamps you get before you head to Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭keryl

Hi

Thanks for the simplified post.

My passport runs out in August 2014, does this mean I'll get refusal? I don't want to send away for a new one now as the IEC will open any day.

I thought as long as your passport was valid on application then it was fine, a new up to date one could be ordered before departure time?

Also, I worked in Australia and applied online for the Police Check, everything went well except for the payment part, anyone have experience with this problem. Also, I didn't have a driving licence in Victoria, so how do I go about a Drivers History report?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

@Keryl

''Your passport must be valid for at least one day beyond the date of your departure from Canada and there must be one completely blank page, other than the last page, available in your passport''

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 TMcG1990

Sorry for asking one of the most asked questions in the IEC Visa Forum but as the opening is coming up, I'm making sure to double and triple check everything.

So basically it's in relation to the CV.

Some people are submitting their full, complete CV and others are just using two or three jobs & education details.

I know it probably doesn't matter and it's not of the highest importance, but have any of you guys that applied last year got any helpful info which is the best method to use?

Thanks so much in advance and apologies for throwing this question out again. Stressing when these visas are going to be released is wreaking havoc on my common sense!

• Advertisement

First IEC i did I had a cut down version of my CV. Second one I got lazy and posted my full CV. Both times never was an issue. If you have a CV ready, just use that, don't bother spending time changing it as long as its relatively up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cahill1st

Hi Fergusb,

Quick question re the Garda cert, we got our garda certs on NOV 6th and Im wondering we'll these be accepted when the Stage 2 opens as more than likely they'll be more than 3 months old at this stage.

No idea! I was in the same boat a few months ago, but due to a few lucky circumstances my Garda cert was still valid. A few places I have seen say that they require a Garda cert from within 3 months. However I have heard of people applying with old garda certs with no issue.

To be honest, since they are free, I would request another one. No harm in doing it and at least it'll definitely be valid. You don't need the cert until Stage2, so you should have it before you need to submit stage 2 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭keryl

On moving2canada and visafirst

they said that you can apply for IEC on a passport that is soon to expire (august) but then when entering Canada you must show them the original passport and the new '10 year' passport.

Is this correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shrimps

hey, might be a silly question but I am a bit confussed: At the web page of the government of Canada is written that the Working Holiday category should have opened a few days before (January 14th).

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/germany-allemagne/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx

but below this sentence the contrary is mentioned in red letters: "closed"
    so am I right that the category is still closed? Do you have completed your IEC account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Loblox

Shrimps wrote: »
    hey, might be a silly question but I am a bit confussed: At the web page of the government of Canada is written that the Working Holiday category should have opened a few days before (January 14th).

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/germany-allemagne/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx

so am I right that the category is still closed? Do you have completed your IEC account?

That's the German IEC. You'll notice that Germany is not Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Shrimps wrote: »

You posted the link for the German IEC. This is the page for the Irish IEC and it hasn't opened yet:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gilyb

Has anyone had any difficulty applying for their Garda certificate from their local station? My boyfriend was told at his local station he needed to present either a letter from the canadian embassy or a copy of his application, or something along those lines. My application for the certificate was really straight forward. Anyone have any advice? Thanks a mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Can anyone answer this question please?
    For someone who applied in 2012, and has no record of a WTN number, what do we fill in when it looks for this?
    There is a client ID number which was also written on the back of the work visa, and an office ID number.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

gilyb wrote: »
    Has anyone had any difficulty applying for their Garda certificate from their local station? My boyfriend was told at his local station he needed to present either a letter from the canadian embassy or a copy of his application, or something along those lines. My application for the certificate was really straight forward. Anyone have any advice? Thanks a mill :)

Just go back and get a different guard the next time. Sounds like he was just being awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Loblox

This is going to sound incredibly stupid, but do they send emails to the email address on the resume, or do you have to input one?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Loblox wrote: »
    This is going to sound incredibly stupid, but do they send emails to the email address on the resume, or do you have to input one?

you input one too create an account and you get messages there they dont email you directly if i got your question . so just use the same email in both creating the account and then on the cv .

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

One final question on this Fergus. I'm getting confused from reading all the different questions and answers in every thread.

Stage 1 - I upload my CV and passport. Then make payment when they email me with details.

Once they issue the conditional letter am I then guaranteed a visa? I know I have to complete Stage 2 but can I do that at my leisure? I haven't yet applied for Garda clearance as I won't be going until later this year.

Just to point out you are never 'guaranteed' a visa. You could be refused entry at the border if they wish.

However, once you receive the Conditional Letter of Acceptance, you still must get immigration clearance, where you can still be rejected but there is much less of a time constraint (6 months). And you can complete Stage 2 at any point within that.

fergusb wrote: »
    Just to point out you are never 'guaranteed' a visa. You could be refused entry at the border if they wish.

However, once you receive the Conditional Letter of Acceptance, you still must get immigration clearance, where you can still be rejected but there is much less of a time constraint (6 months). And you can complete Stage 2 at any point within that.

Thanks for all the info fergusb, much appreciated!

Could I be really annoying and ask for what grounds could they possibly refuse you with your visa at the border?

With regards to the Immigration Clearance, is that a part of the process in step 1/step 2 or is that something that we have to get before we leave for Canada?

Thank you so much again, you're an absolute gem! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

TMcG1990 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the info fergusb, much appreciated!

Could I be really annoying and ask for what grounds could they possibly refuse you with your visa at the border?

With regards to the Immigration Clearance, is that a part of the process in step 1/step 2 or is that something that we have to get before we leave for Canada?

Thank you so much again, you're an absolute gem! :)

no insurance no proof of funds etc etc i mean you hear people saying that they havent been asked just because they havent doesnt mean you wont but t theres just examples loads reasons really .

TMcG1990 wrote: »

Stage 2 is the immigration part, where they require Garda cert etc. So what I meant by Clearance is successful completion of stage 2.

Stage 2 is the immigration part, where they require Garda cert etc. So what I meant by Clearance is successful completion of stage 2.

Thanks guys, appreciate all your help :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Someone said to me that you are supposed to include all the pages of your passport, not just the identification page with your photo? Like the pages where you receive stamps and such.

Augmerson wrote: »
    Someone said to me that you are supposed to include all the pages of your passport, not just the identification page with your photo? Like the pages where you receive stamps and such.

No, just need to have the photo page of your passport:
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/required-requis.aspx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 bob.thebuilder

Hi,
    I am Non-EU national and have Irish Permanent Residency. I am living here from last 7 years. Can i apply for canadian work visa?

You must be an Irish citizen to apply for the Irish IEC, there might be an alternative for your citizenship.

Hi guys, I now need to renew my police certificate as it's nearly out of date and was just thinking that I should have probably included all of the apartments I stayed in through college and internships in Dublin. There was so many, I'm having trouble remembering them correctly. Should I still include them when renewing my certificate or just leave them?

Also I posted on another thread about my passport not including my middle name but my police cert including it as it was present on my birth cert, would it be a good idea to fix this also?

Thanks for your help and sorry for the stupid questions!

• Advertisement

In terms of the middle name, I'd stick to whats on your Passport. You don't need to submit your birth cert so keep everything the same as your passport should prevent confusion.

In terms of the addresses, I'm not sure. put down the ones you lived at for the longest periods, and also the most recent ones. If you haven't been in any trouble, they probably don't have any record of where you actually lived, so they won't compare. however if your name does come up in the system and the address is not listed could be an issue. Not sure really!

Advertisement