Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killzone + knack....did Sony screw up?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I got the N64 Goldeneye Bundle and my mate got the N64 Mario 64 Bundle.

They sold 4.2 million units and even though the margain's weren't great they will make it back from PS+ and PS Now.

It's more about outselling units than quality.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The point why shadowfall is so much better, because it finally shows Hellgast from other perspective. If what I am more on Helgast side after shadowfall as the "goodie" side are bigger scumbags.

It finally went from battlefields to a more human average Joe level.

Hey Killzone, 2011 called. It said Gears of War 3 wants it's plot twist back.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hey Killzone, 2011 called. It said Gears of War 3 wants it's plot twist back.

Plot twist? WTF you on about? They are still Nazis and there is no "Plot twist" like what you talking about.
    This time around they give more down to earth look, show how every day people live in that world. Show real colours of both sides. Show more of actual Universe and its people.

I understand that that people might not like the game, amount of **** that comes from people who did not even played it or gave it a chance without having a negative opinion about it before game was in fecking drive is mind blowing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Give me any Killzone game over any CoD game any day except Cod 4 Modern Warfare. CoD is just a case of throwing as much sh1te on screen at one time as you possibly can and try to shoot it all with unlimited enemies and random explosions. Shadow Fall while no Far Cry 3 is a very decent FPS, best FPS I've played since Far Cry 3 or Halo 4.

I really don't get people saying Killzone is bland and all brown and grey. It's not a cartoon game or COD for people with ADHD that need to be shooting 20 soldiers per seconds while shooting down a squadron of fighter jets on their own.

I'm sure some people expect wars to happen with Disney backgrounds. Any time you see actual conflict on TV it usually grey or brown. Having played all the others, what's killing me is how bad the gameplay is. That owl or whatever the f**k is doing my head in - there when you don't need it, missing when you do. Only on Chapter 3 and I had to check to make sure I hadn't put in Dead Space by accident........:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

eddhorse wrote: »
    I got the N64 Goldeneye Bundle and my mate got the N64 Mario 64 Bundle.

They sold 4.2 million units and even though the margain's weren't great they will make it back from PS+ and PS Now.

It's more about outselling units than quality.

I bought it on the night before the official launch, in Gamesworld, as it was, on Liffey St, I worked there part time for a laugh.
    At launch there wasn't any pack in titles as far as I remember, the stores may have bundled them in a deal but I don't think there was a special package from Nintendo.
    I'm happy to be wrong BTW!
    I remember people bringing their new babies home in black bin bags so scum f*cks wouldn't see a Gamesworld bag and rob them.
    It was a nervous walk from Liffey St to my bus on Eden quay!
    The N64 did very well, just not as well as the PS.
    But the big releases were incredibly popular, I recall we were sold out of OoT, MM and GoldenEye when they came out.
    I'm still collecting for mine, got an NTSC N64 a couple of months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

N64 didn't have a bundle as far as I'm aware at Launch and it certainly didn't have a Goldeneye bundle considering the game came out well after launch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    N64 didn't have a bundle as far as I'm aware at Launch and it certainly didn't have a Goldeneye bundle considering the game came out well after launch.

This is true, there was Mario 64 and Shadow of the Empire, I think I got the still great Pilotwings 64 a day or two later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Plot twist? WTF you on about? They are still Nazis and there is no "Plot twist" like what you talking about.
    This time around they give more down to earth look, show how every day people live in that world. Show real colours of both sides. Show more of actual Universe and its people.

I understand that that people might not like the game, amount of **** that comes from people who did not even played it or gave it a chance without having a negative opinion about it before game was in fecking drive is mind blowing.

the game was bad
    it looked beautiful but that was all, story is dull and boring just like the past games
    I actually enjoyed the first if I'm honest but I just don't think that game was meant to have sequals
    But onwards and upwards we have better exclusives to look forward to over the next few years :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I don't get the hate for killzone. Killzone 2 looked great. It was brown and dark and gritty with the only stand outs being the red eyes and blood. It's very much like sincity in the art direction. The MP was also great and different to COD. Hate how they started to change that.

I actually dislike how colourful they tried to make it. War isn't full of colour if it's being bombed 24/7, it's gonna be brown and gritty. If the detail is there, there's nothing wrong with that.

And as story goes, BF4 would have to be the worst single player I've ever played, followed closely by COD, which is extremely bland and muted in colour too (don't get how some people think that has vibrant colour)

Anyhow, I don't see how killzone gets such a beating when COD is the same game every year. It's the standard for generic shooter.

Each to their own I suppose. I'd just wish they'd stop listening to people bitching about the game, because when they do make changes, the same people are still bitching and have no interest in it and it's just becoming more and more like COD, so nobody wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I've not played either, so cant comment on how they played. But from what I've seen, and others have mentioned, Sony didnt screw up with Knack and KZ, far the opposite. The main point of these games was to have a Sony exec stand on a stage at E3 last June, point at a screen and go "This is what gaming on a PS4 will look like...." Same with Microsoft and Ryse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement