Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 to 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Bless me father for I have sinned. It's been 25 days since my last run and longer since my last cycle. Today's 5k was the start of a new me. Honest...

[...time will tell...]

Prove it, ferrycarrig 5 mile

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

upthe19th wrote: »
    Prove it, ferrycarrig 5 mile

<cough> yeah...got a race entry for Christmas....oh sweet baby jebus...it's deja vu...

<cough> yeah...got a race entry for Christmas....oh sweet baby jebus...it's deja vu...

Nice one. I'm particularly looking forward to seeing you head off up the road as if I was stopped, despite your reduced training........

Nice one. I'm particularly looking forward to seeing you head off up the road as if I was stopped and then blowing up after 500m, all as a direct consequence of your zero training........

FYP :cool:

Friday: 5k with Master D, 28:38
    Saturday: 6k, mostly with kids rollerblading, so slow but with some strides thrown in when they were stopped.
    Sunday: 16.2 freezy kms with Mrs. D. Legs sore. Currently torturing myself with marathon stick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Friday: 5k with Master D, 28:38
    Saturday: 6k, mostly with kids rollerblading, so slow but with some strides thrown in when they were stopped.
    Sunday: 16.2 freezy kms with Mrs. D. Legs sore. Currently torturing myself with marathon stick.
    Last 25 days: zero miles
    Friday: 3 miles
    Sat: 3 and a bit miles
    Sun: 10 miles

you only have yourself to blame :rolleyes::D

Last 25 days: zero miles
    Friday: 3 miles
    Sat: 3 and a bit miles
    Sun: 10 miles

you only have yourself to blame :rolleyes::D

Fair point :P. But in my defence we set out to run to my brother's house and it turned out to be much further than I thought. We didn't even get all the way there before we turned back.

And Mrs. D was still going and I was hardly going to let myself get chicked (again), now was I?

I don't normally inflict links on any (either?) of my log readers but I love Ted talks and thought this one particularly excellent:

http://www.ted.com/talks/janine_shepherd_a_broken_body_isn_t_a_broken_person#t-1125888

30/12: 5.42km @5:50/km, 107bpm
    1/1: 9.39km @5:12/km, 129bpm

Calves in a jocker. Have been for a long time but I've been getting by. Physio has promised me needles if/when I visit her with them - hence the procrastination. But something has to change or they'll never get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

30/12: 5.42km @5:50/km, 107bpm
    1/1: 9.39km @5:12/km, 129bpm

Calves in a jocker. Have been for a long time but I've been getting by. Physio has promised me needles if/when I visit her with them - hence the procrastination. But something has to change or they'll never get better.
    Bite the bullet!!

• Advertisement

5.9km @5.24/km, avg hr 140bpm

Realised during this run that my HRM wasn't reading properly for the first 3km, which prob explains why recent HR averages have been so low (cos apparently sitting on your ass eating Cadburys Roses doesn't actually improve your cardiovascular fitness). So during the latter part I put some time into figuring out how to calculate my average based on when it started working and the final figures. I'm such a geek.

Good Luck tomorrow chieftain.

Good Luck tomorrow chieftain.

Thanks bud. Same to you. Let's wear the Boards shirts with pride and not disgrace the AR forum (that neither of us inhabits any more!).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Have fun tomorrow!!!!! :)

Fun was had, some Boardsies (UpThe19th & Oryx) were met & chatted to, 75s pb was had (70s pb for Mrs D), much food was had afterwards. Well organised again - flawless in fact.

Really do need to visit the Physioterrorist and get these calves sorted though.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Lovely to meet you guys. Thanks to Mrs D for keeping me honest :)

Oryx wrote: »
    Lovely to meet you guys. Thanks to Mrs D for keeping me honest :)

You too - might see you in Rosslare for the 10k on April 6th!

You too - might see you in Rosslare for the 10k on April 6th!

Oh you will... ill be handing out the numbers :)

Oryx wrote: »
    Oh you will... ill be handing out the numbers :)

You not racing then? Mrs. D wouldn't mind a shot at getting those 3 secs back :D

You not racing then? Mrs. D wouldn't mind a shot at getting those 3 secs back :D

Nope its our club race. Im barred :) I'm sure us gals will have a rematch at some stage. We might make a good pacing team. Watch your back! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

All Quiet around here Dilbert??

Yep. Tumbleweed Central. Got bored logging - for quite a while there was nothing to log so my previously skeleton fanbase drifted off. Of late Strava records what I do.

There's a danger now that CM will remember I disobeyed her direct instruction to log my March KAR but at this stage I've forgotten how that went too!

Haha I'd given up on that report tbh :p

Haha I'd given up on that report tbh :p

I've a long track record of disappointing women... :o

I've a long track record of disappointing women... :o
    Violin anybody :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Look what I found :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

ZOMBIE THREAD!! :D

<merge with my log> ;)

Neady83 wrote: »
    Look what I found :):):)

Archaeologist now, are you?

Thanks Oryx - might do that. Had planned to join the tri club and take in the coached swimming - and God knows I could do with some coaching - but I can't make the nights it's on. Will prob end up joining anyway, sooner or later.

And I did! Two nights in; so far, so good. I'm no Dory or Oryx....or CM....but I'm still going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Archaeologist now, are you?

I was sent home from work so I had to find something to do with myself :)

You've done some great running and adventure races. Whats the plan for 2016?

Advertisement