Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst player you have seen.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

At the other end of the scale, there was a guy in a batchat with a 59% win rate (almost 2k average damage and 38k matches!!) and he played like a moron .... came straight at me (me in m53/55) fired one shot at me and I killed him ....who drives straight at arties?
    http://worldoftanks.eu/community/accounts/501723320-KOBRAT/

yikes, he has 74% win rate in object 268 after > 1000 matches :O

/edit
    I just played in a game where xvm said we had 91% win chance ... we won 15-0
    This kind of crap shouldn't happen, whether I was on the winning side or not, the teams should be better matched that that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

JESUS. worst i have seen was around a 73% chance to win. actually had a game where we had a 71% chance to win and we lost like 13-2!

matchmaker is a big pile of **** in this game and needs more sorting out than bringing in a new nation / tank line every few months.

maybe the batchat had a clan match or had to go out so just suicided in that game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

You can't blame the matchmaker for battles with uneven chances of winning as it doesn't calculate player's skill levels, just the vehicle characteristics. They developers have stated that skill level matchmaking won't come, the closest you can get to it is Team Battle mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

XVM gives a good idea of which team will win, so why not code the MM to look at player stats rather than vehicle stats.

bad players are generally bad players in all their tanks i would imagine, same for decent players.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Facing better players would make everyones WR converge back to 49%.

• Advertisement

They don't want to. It's as simple as that. They're keeping the random battle mode randomised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

http://worldoftanks.eu/community/accounts/514560935-kgas/
    Our top tank in a bdrg1b ...and he rushed, no shots fired nothing spotted, just a moron with a 43.5 win rate after almost 3k battles

This guy was on the enemy team last night: http://worldoftanks.eu/community/accounts/501357960-SaunaSeppo/

35% win rate, he was in a M60 (yes, a M60) and was platooned with two guys in T1E6s. When he was being reported for his platoon he started raging about jews and holocaust, that sort of stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Aenaes wrote: »
    This guy was on the enemy team last night: http://worldoftanks.eu/community/accounts/501357960-SaunaSeppo/

35% win rate, he was in a M60 (yes, a M60) and was platooned with two guys in T1E6s. When he was being reported for his platoon he started raging about jews and holocaust, that sort of stuff.

I believe that's a known troll account, used by that clan to generate an M60, the win rate is deliberate, as is the behaviour.

Spear wrote: »
    I believe that's a known troll account, used by that clan to generate an M60, the win rate is deliberate, as is the behaviour.

Yeah, he seems to have won it by being in the clan Finnish Iron Regiment Elite [FIRE], which would match his Finnish sounding nickname.

I've heard the clan EFE did similiar, allowing different accounts (troll or otherwise) to join their clan during the First Campaign just to collect the M60.
    Have to wonder if some of these accounts were later sold on to generate some nice profit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CHorn

Aenaes wrote: »
    You can't blame the matchmaker for battles with uneven chances of winning as it doesn't calculate player's skill levels, just the vehicle characteristics. They developers have stated that skill level matchmaking won't come, the closest you can get to it is Team Battle mode.
    These are the only stats utterly under WG's control, so little wonder it's all they use.

Consider player stats. They can be manipulated by the players, whether it's by getting better or worse, or by padding them in various ways (reroll accounts etc).

In the long long run, I think it all comes out in the wash, both your win rate (c50% unless you get really good, good enough to move games) and in what XVM says is your chance to win, which as we all know can fluctuate wildly but will over time put you in as many teams predicted to win as not.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 79 ✭✭Drweavil

The worst win rate I've seen was 28%... yep that's right 28. Was some kid tracker-padding around in a Lowe. And of course he was on my team too lol.

The funny thing was he saved my bacon at the end. I was in my Type 64 and was spotting their final tank (Tiger2) who knew how to be arty safe. In the end I had to draw fire from the T2 who rightly assumed that the Lowe was no threat.... we were both wrong as the Lowe finished off the Tiger before my Yolo run was complete. It was probably his best game ever.

Advertisement