Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst player you have seen.....

Options
  • 03-01-2014 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

Don't know if the mods will allow this, but nothing ventured nothing gained. I hope that people will be mature enough to not start on other people who use this forum or used to be in the boards.ie/CRY clans... This is purely for random muppets you have come across ingame with really low win rates.

There should be a rule or two I suppose, not less than 500 battles fought, and if you could engage them in chat to find out if they were not bots.

With that out of the way, I give you:
    http://worldoftanks.eu/community/accounts/516601759-ati1970/

He has only 523 battles fought (funny that, just above the minimum :P) but with a 42.83% win rate I'd say he is much more likely to be a hindrance than a help and actively reduces your chance of winning. He was sitting in the middle of a field in plain view shooting at buildings etc that enemy tanks were hiding behind and when I asked was he a bot he engaged in conversation, so not a bot... just really really bad. In the battle he had 34 shots fired and had 1 penetration, no damage. He was in a VK3001H. His maximum killed per battle is 2.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

He's only two weeks in, a 42% WR ain't that bad. I've seen far, far worse than him. Besides that looks like his birth year in the name, so at an age of 43/44 he probably could accept advice were it given.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

You have a very forgiving nature Spear :)

In the game that I saw him in action, I inquired as to why he was not in cover and in fact shooting permanent objects and he advised that I was dead (which I was) and so I should go bother someone else. I told him, that he was visible to half the fricking map and literally within 5 seconds he was dead.
    He's only two weeks in, a 42% WR ain't that bad
    I dont know, there is only so much you can put down to being new to the game.... Apart from the seal-clubbers playing OP tier 2 and 3's all the other dudes he's been playing have been as noobish as him so a 50% win rate is expected no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Fair play to him for giving it a bash, end of the day if he is enjoying it and not abusive then thats all that counts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

BigEejit wrote: »
    You have a very forgiving nature Spear :)

First time I've ever heard that.

OK this is another noob, 560 games in 6 months, everyone was shouting at him for being a moron ....
    http://worldoftanks.eu/community/accounts/512306535-olgul/

42.78% win rate. He was in a KV1 which was our teams highest tank and he hides in a bush near base telling us he was no good at KV1 yet. And this is true, 68 games in it and a 28% win rate. If this guy is in your team, he is actively reducing your chances of winning. He eventually gets killed by a single T28, does not land a single shot on anything (2 shots taken, T28 that killed him fired 13 shots at him so he was at it for a while)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Win rate at 500 games isn't a proper indicator really. I mean the guys will have to learn and adapt or they will constantly fail and be destroyed, making the game almost unplayable at times. "invisible tanks shooting at me, my shots didn't penetrate, i dont know how to train a crew or to use a fire extinguisher" would all amount to an unbeliveably high frustration level.

Newbies will always be newbies, it's understandable. The worst players I've found are the ones with thousands of battles who won't admit their gameplay is a problem. "i get noob teams" is the excuse. However, no mention is made of the fact of how they may rush in and die for instant glory cos they "like to fight and not camp". Custer would be proud of them.
    They can't take cover from artillery fire and they don't do reasonable enough damage in the respective tiers they play.

But the thing is, the more games you have, the closer to 50% you get, no matter how bad you are. Sure there are players who have high 60's WR with tens of thousands of games ... but we all know having a platoon of whatever is the most imbalanced tank of the day will win a hell of a lot more than it loses, (back in the day, a platoon of batchats was an almost guaranteed win) keep doing that day after day and you'll get your WR into the 60's.... Whether it is by design by wargaming or just the 15 vs 15 mechanics, most people are within + or - 5% of 50%. The exceptionally bad are below 45% and I would contend that that situation exists with players of less than 2k matches, they never get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I try not to get too caught up in percentages. I go through times when I can't really be bothered with the game but because I've got premium time to kill I just 'have fun'.... So I do things like drive backwards (I actually got 4 kills once in a T20 doing this) or I get in a fast tank and just play dodge the rounds. Back in the day when I really freakin hated the Type59 if it showed in a match I'd just suicide or log and play another tank... Same with some maps.

Yup it pisses my 'team' off but I don't really care and as a result of this messing about my win rate isn't anywhere near what it could be. It's just a game at the end of the day. You lose a match it takes two seconds to jump into another tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

im the same , cant be arsed really , i dont have to prove my game competence with a bunch of randomers , if ive 1-2 hours of play time i maximaise it and run shoot/kill whatever the way i feel at the time , the old saying you can prove and disprove anyting you want with stats

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I think the average winrate is 48%so just because you are not over 50% doesn't mean you are bad.

My pet peeve are the heavy tanks that barely move from cap zone....
    ...or the suicide scouts who in fairness spot the enemy team but usually do it too soon for anyone to have shots on them.

(The suicide scout could very easily be a ploy to grind multiple light tanks and take credits earned by your team after your death)

• Advertisement

Tenger wrote: »
    (The suicide scout could very easily be a ploy to grind multiple light tanks and take credits earned by your team after your death)

Definitely. I, ahem, have been guilty of this myself back when the game was released and I was definitely a lot less wiser about the game in general.

I would "suicide scout" in M3Lee and T-28. I felt they were horrible tanks and thought tier IV was the worst tier since it placed you in horrible battles at times (up to tier VII, since the +2/-2 matchmaker rule wasn't implemented then) so I would just drive straight towards enemy cap, fire a couple of shots and die. Repeated until I had enough experience to research the tier V tank.

Now here's someone truly terrible:

http://www.noobmeter.com/player/eu/majorp1/508262050/

WN8 rating of an amazing 111. No, that's not missing a digit. After 8.5k games, a 44% WR. With his tier 9's he's even worse than that, just 38% and 42% in his IS8 and ST1.

Spear wrote: »
    Now here's someone truly terrible:

http://www.noobmeter.com/player/eu/majorp1/508262050/

WN8 rating of an amazing 111. No, that's not missing a digit. After 8.5k games, a 44% WR. With his tier 9's he's even worse than that, just 38% and 42% in his IS8 and ST1.

Average damage of 203 and his most played tank is IS-3. I wonder is he one of those who fires HE cos "it always does damage"

What's funny is his win rate was decreasing all the while his WN7, average damage and average experience were increasing. When you found him in battle was he at the very rear?

Aenaes wrote: »
    Average damage of 203 and his most played tank is IS-3. I wonder is he one of those who fires HE cos "it always does damage"

What's funny is his win rate was decreasing all the while his WN7, average damage and average experience were increasing. When you found him in battle was he at the very rear?

Charged forward as part of a lemming rush, sat with his side flat on to the enemy, died promptly.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Me in a BT2.....I just cant resist rolling for their arty at 55kph.

Charged forward as part of a lemming rush, sat with his side flat on to the enemy, died promptly.
    I often wonder how some of these really poor quality players are able to play ...they lose so many games that the costs must far exceed the money coming in.
    I have met some more terrible players as well, this one did my head in, top tier tank on our side and was actually behind the arty in an e75. Typed in chat in a eastern european language so unlikely to be a bot ... we won but this moron had 2 shots both misses. It galls me dragging his stats up.
    http://worldoftanks.eu/community/accounts/502863313-szadok1972/

I guess stats don't tell the whole story. I had a similar experince on Murovnka a while back. Tier 6 match, 3 Heavies on our team. A KV-1S decides to hide in a bush in the northern cap zone. Ignores all request to move forward, responds with "I need to keep safe as I am learning".
    I actually stayed to watch after getting killed. KV-1S calls for help when scout gets close, someone else kills the scout. Ended up with 2 arty and the KV-1S left on our team, KV-1S still nestled at the very back the cap zone. 4 enemy advancing, 1 arty back near their cap.

All 4 enemy attack consecutively, all damaged to some extent.....and they see our arty and prioritise those targets. Arty managed to kill 2 of them. The KV-1S ends up getting 3 kills (incl the enemy arty who advanced in the middle of the map)

Now as a team mate I would call this player "bad". We could have taken the fight to the other team with 3 rather than 2 Heavy tanks up front. But he still got a win wit 3 kills for very little damage and/or shell cost.

So is he bad or just selfish and efficient who takes advantage of the work the rest of the team did earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭VikingG

hmm well the whole team got the win not just him... If you have 3 heavies i dont think it is a bad play to have one stay in defence... just maybe a more active defence in front of the cap zone instead of behind.... also it must be funny to have a KV-1S calling for help from a scout.

So is he bad or just selfish and efficient who takes advantage of the work the rest of the team did earlier?

He's just bad. The "best" players usually are considered selfish and efficient and I've played with some of them.
    However, they get themselves into positions where they can do the maximum amount of damage or spotting. They might be sniping from a safe place that means minimal risk for themselves but they are dealing damage throughout the battle.

It reminds me of some Jagdpanzer E-100s I've seen hiding way at the back of the battlefield, in no position to shoot or help, effectively leaving the team to fight 14 vs 15. The 15 player team almost invariably wins then starts to advance towards Jagdpanzer E-100. Boom, boom, boom. He manages say, 3 shots before he's killed. His teammates call him a noob, "I dealt 3k damage, idiots" he replies. He's convinced he's done a good job with a nice amount of damage. The problem is he dealt the damage when the battle was already lost.

From FTR blog: "according to SerB, winrate is the (best) skill indicator, average winrate is 49 percent, if you have a 55 percent winrate, you your skill is much higher than the average player skill in game. Other developer later adds: “Skill is the ability to win, not to deal damage. If you dealt a lot of damage and lost, you dealt in wrong place”

How about this dude:
    http://worldoftanks.eu/community/accounts/509155999-opa9/

22.5k battles with a 43.88 win rate.... he was a fecking disaster in his 41% win rate lowe (after almost 1700 battles with a average damage of 522 and average exp of 457)

• Advertisement

How about this dude:
    http://worldoftanks.eu/community/accounts/509155999-opa9/

22.5k battles with a 43.88 win rate.... he was a fecking disaster in his 41% win rate lowe (after almost 1700 battles with a average damage of 522 and average exp of 457)

And yet, contradictorily, he only has the one ace tanker badge, yet also managed a Kolabanovs medal once.

And yet, contradictorily, he only has the one ace tanker badge, yet also managed a Kolabanovs medal once.

Maybe a load of lighter tanks tried to ram him and died?

Maybe a load of lighter tanks tried to ram him and died?

Now there's a degree of cynicism I can approve of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

seen a dude with a 70% win rate eysterday.. very impressive. though he was first to die on our team!

seen an awful amount of tier 10 players with less than 45% win rate lately.

my own win rate is only 52%, i put that down to playing an awful amount of scout tanks, t50-2 being the biggest culprit till they got rid of it

http://worldoftanks.eu/community/accounts/516968132-SledgeHammer68/

'Only' 1200 battles but with an impressive 43.13 win rate and even though his 23 battles in the Lowe at 22% win rate could be put down to 'dont know how to play new tank' I think it will stay not far from 30% even after several hundred games in it.
    He was in a platoon with:
    http://worldoftanks.eu/community/accounts/516928076-PrivateJoker87/
    I know only 662 battles ... but 40.79 win rate .....

'Only' 1200 battles but with an impressive 43.13 win rate and even though his 23 battles in the Lowe at 22% win rate could be put down to 'dont know how to play new tank' I think it will stay not far from 30% even after several hundred games in it.

He's the stereotype of a newbie who buys a tier 8 premium too early, and drags everyone down with him.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    seen a dude with a 70% win rate eysterday.. very impressive. though he was first to die on our team!

seen an awful amount of tier 10 players with less than 45% win rate lately.

my own win rate is only 52%, i put that down to playing an awful amount of scout tanks, t50-2 being the biggest culprit till they got rid of it

Remember one time there was a guy with incredible stats and we let him into CRY and he was a total dickhead?

I have come across a few platoons of guys with much higher than normal stats and they were by and large also dickheads ... especially when the rest of the team are getting creamed and they are going to the wrong place to try and get easy kills ...

For example once I had a game where the top 3 tanks in our team were is7's with 65% ish win rate each all went up hill in himmelsdorf and the rest of the team got seal-clubbed by other teams tier 10's .... our mighty is7's got to kill a t44 and then they started badmouthing everyone else when the failure was plainly their own fault.

He's the stereotype of a newbie who buys a tier 8 premium too early, and drags everyone down with him.

Then platoons with some other noob to worsen both their chances of winning.

http://worldoftanks.eu/community/accounts/503366444-PanzerEliteKommandant/
    44% win rate, in an IS7, no damage and one shot taken. This was a match we wont and he was 3rd from top. Looks like he was just dragged along by teams for almost 11k games

/edit
    And this moron lost us the game, 0 damage and he was last killed after firing 3 shots
    http://worldoftanks.eu/community/accounts/500181421-Vollstrecker/
    he had to kill a t28 prot on half health and a m53/55 arty

• Advertisement

Two IS3's actually went beside me when I was playing arty .... they were in the middle of the team .... game was a draw, only thing they did of any use was spot things coming close .... we thought they were bots but they spoke italian in chat

http://worldoftanks.eu/community/accounts/501074113-Jack_D_/
    6.5k matches, 43.9% WR

other guy had 45% and actually got a kill (a scout that I tracked)

Advertisement