Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

muincav wrote: »
    I noticed last week an Alba feature phone (for those of us who like buttons...lol) was 24.99 and now is 39.99...cmon Argos whats going on?:mad:

It was reduced and now it's not?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

It was reduced and now it's not?

No there was no reduction stated at 24.99 and then it shot up to 39.95...and nothing staing that it was ever on sale at a lower price...
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3802360/c_1/1|category_root|Office%2C+PCs+and+phones|14418968/c_2/3|19805493|Mobile+phones|14419095/c_3/4|cat_14419095|SIM+free+mobile+phones|14419108.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭rameire

one for everybody
    a must for a home

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=7001617

Kidde Single Carbon Monoxide Alarm. at Argos.ie - €14.99

check argos price info 14.99€ from 30.49€You Save: €15.00 (51%)

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

rameire wrote: »
    one for everybody
    a must for a home

Its an ok price- not remarkable though.
    Woodies for example- do a dual pack- a Kiddie CO and a separate smoke alarm for 24.99
    I wouldn't kill myself trying to get to Argos for the sake of the price of the CO detector- its available at roughly the same price in most other places (look at the different packs though- the older pack is actually more expensive).

Also- if you're buying a CO detector- look for its best before date- it actually goes out of date- make sure you have a good length of time left on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭Soarer

rameire wrote: »
    one for everybody
    a must for a home

I know this it going off topic, but can someone explain how you test these yokes?
    I know you can press the button, but that only tells you the button and siren are working. How would you test the sensor?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Soarer wrote: »
    I know this it going off topic, but can someone explain how you test these yokes?
    I know you can press the button, but that only tells you the button and siren are working. How would you test the sensor?

Burn toast under one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

That's like asking how do i know the airbag in my car works, you don't, you just trust that it does and god forbid if it ever needs to operate then it can.

That's like asking how do i know the airbag in my car works, you don't, you just trust that it does and god forbid if it ever needs to operate then it can.

?? you can easily test it by burning toast under it to make sure it goes off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Synode wrote: »

Isn't it a Carbon Monoxide detector though?

Synode wrote: »
    DubDJ wrote: »

Exactly!
    The wife's cooking tests the smoke detector on a regular basis! ;)

• Advertisement

DubDJ wrote: »

:pac: Sorry I thought it was a smoke detector

• Registered Users Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Down to €6.99, still a few around

Down to €6.99, still a few around

Yeah, noticed that. So much for "the early bird" huh?!?

As for the yoke itself, tis mighty handy...especially if you're trying to monitor you food for calories/macros.
    Put your empty plate on it and turn it on. Automatically sets to zero. Add your first food (record on MyFitnessPal), and press the zero button to reset. Add your second, record, and so on. It takes up shag all space on the counter top too!

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Macbook Pro for €599. Could be wrong? Took two reservation codes anyhow. Very good price! Bit skeptical though!

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2559951/Trail/searchtext>MACBOOK.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Macbook Pro for €599. Could be wrong? Took two reservation codes anyhow. Very good price! Bit skeptical though!

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2559951/Trail/searchtext>MACBOOK.htm

Your link is broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭baldshin

Broken link and can't find any macbooks that price on the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭corkmans1

Can't see the macbook would love to get it

Managed to spot this about 30 minutes ago. I don't imagine this being honored at the till no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Back up to 1269 now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭corkmans1

thats unreal, sickened there gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Back to regular price now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

It was one of the original Macbook Pro's, no HD screen, no SSD. Still a great price but doubt they'll honour it. Could be on its way to be discontinued though so you never know, could be worth a try.

The Macbook Air was gone down in price to I believe. I've a screenshot with code for the macbook pro if someone wants it for cruises street. Needs to be collected today I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chrissy4b

pm'd u

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

chrissy4b wrote: »
    pm'd u

What's with these ultra lurkers that are always quick off the mark for the bargains?

4 posts in 8 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,897 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Tinie wrote: »
    What's with these ultra lurkers that are always quick off the mark for the bargains?

4 posts in 8 years.

A perfect example of the kind of poster who would be the last to get a code from me. Here to pounce on a bargain and ask for codes but contributes nothing back to the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Quazzie wrote: »
    A perfect example of the kind of poster who would be the last to get a code from me. Here to pounce on a bargain and ask for codes but contributes nothing back to the forum.

On another forum we used to have a rule of free items to regular posters only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Anyone have any luck picking one up for 600?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Tinie wrote: »

4 posts in 8 years.

obviously has a few alts but doesnt want to be seen as a scant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Managed to spot this about 30 minutes ago. I don't imagine this being honored at the till no?

If I reserved this, then saved reservation email, and edited the price of 1269, to 599, then brought the email into the store, any chance of getting them to honour it?

I know I'm clutching at straws :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement