Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodpark apartments to Hospital

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Many thanks Fricatus.
    I am not good at cycling so bus and walking are the options left. Since the distance is about 2.3 km i thought it would take 30-35 minutes from my home to reach the hospital entrance but if its only 20 minutes then I am happy to walk everyday. :) Yes the idea of taking bus while its raining is good but the bus is not coming frequently, but only every 30 minutes.

Is Dunmore road safe to walk at nights? Given that I have noticed many trucks and huge transport vehicles on this road.
    fricatus wrote: »
    Welcome to Waterford masterboy!

Yes, your options are the Kenneally's bus, cycling, and walking. Personally I'd walk when it's dry and take the bus when it's raining.

The walk is quite nice and should only take about 20 minutes, unless you've got issues with mobility for example. I live out that way and there are always people walking that road - presumably a lot of them going to and from the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Many thanks Fricatus.
    I am not good at cycling so bus and walking are the options left. Since the distance is about 2.3 km i thought it would take 30-35 minutes from my home to reach the hospital entrance but if its only 20 minutes then I am happy to walk everyday. :) Yes the idea of taking bus while its raining is good but the bus is not coming frequently, but only every 30 minutes.

Is Dunmore road safe to walk at nights? Given that I have noticed many trucks and huge transport vehicles on this road.[/QUOTE]

As far a I can remember its has a footpath the whole way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

Dunmore Rd is safe to walk (footpath) and safe to cycle (cycle-lanes) except weekends from People's Park up to the city centre. It's easy to meet couple of drunken scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Yes, there is footpath all the way.
    Ok so between people park and hospital is safe and usually dont have drunken peeps?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Yes, there is footpath all the way.
    Ok so between people park and hospital is safe and usually dont have drunken peeps?

Yeah, basically from where you're living out to the hospital is safe (and has a footpath). The stretch from your place into the city centre is generally fine, but I would be just a little more on my guard, as there's a hard-drinking element around there.

I wouldn't exaggerate the dangers though - most trouble down around there is people getting into drunken brawls with one another at their own parties.

• Advertisement
Advertisement