Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodpark apartments to Hospital

Options
  • 03-01-2014 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    Which bus service is available from Woodpark Apartments (Newtown Road) to the Waterford regional hospital?
    And how much is the monthly pass, if available?
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

I love the fact that people embrace the power of the Interweb and still post questions like this.....

Do the research chief, the knowledge is there...try and you will succeed, and then try again.

WOW... we have become LAZY as individuals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

Up2NoGood wrote: »
    I love the fact that people embrace the power of the Interweb and still post questions like this.....

Do the research chief, the knowledge is there...try and you will succeed, and then try again.

WOW... we have become LAZY as individuals.

^^^Seriously!!!! and calling someone "Chief", You're not on Scrubs! and in fact!!

Calling someone "Chief"...is as close to Waterford as someone in the Antarctic calling a burger bun a blaa!! The poster asked for advice, not an assassination! What is wrong with people like you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Sorry, I am new to Waterford & I don't know the transport system within the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

Hi everyone,
    Which bus service is available from Woodpark Apartments (Newtown Road) to the Waterford regional hospital?
    And how much is the monthly pass, if available?
    Many thanks

bus stop is a few feet from your apartment...buses will be regular..sorry dont know the times or prices bud..your no more then twenty minutes away on the bus to the hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

The Kenneallys bus goes up Newtown, not 100% sure where those apartments are though!

• Advertisement

I found Kennealleys time table now.
    Thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭deisemum

Thanks everyone

It's not very reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barraseaclaid

Master boy you should get a 2nd hand bicycle

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

Thanks everyone

Regarding the timetable, at peak Times it is not as reliable especially when the kids are back at school. It does face delays to school traffic. All I do is budget it in to the time required to get to my destination.

Is there any cycle store nearby the city who are selling 2nd hand cycles?
    Approx how much does it cost?
    And regarding its maintenance is there a cycle mechanic?
    Master boy you should get a 2nd hand bicycle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

I take in congrats are in order ,you got the job ,:D
    Welcome to Waterford..
    Spokes on Patrick St ,(city centre) should be a good place to start looking for Bicycle. Also you could check out some of the Waterford based buy and sell sites .Often see good 2nd bikes on these sites..

Again welcome to the city hope you enjoy your stay...

Many thanks for a warm welcome :D
    I am glad somone remembered me :D
    Ok i will check out the spokes store.
    Can you please give me link for 'Local buy & sell' ?
    Everyone's help is much appreciated. Have a great weekend
    Cheers!
    ROCKMAN wrote: »
    I take in congrats are in order ,you got the job ,:D
    Welcome to Waterford..
    Spokes on Patrick St ,(city centre) should be a good place to start looking for Bicycle. Also you could check out some of the Waterford based buy and sell sites .Often see good 2nd bikes on these sites..

Again welcome to the city hope you enjoy your stay...

this are two of the face book sites my better half uses.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/547192208627691/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/219424068200087/

Could ask on them..

My wife just after telling me that there was a Cycle to Work Scheme started by the corporation in Waterford (she not sure if still going) but Spokes Bicycle Shop was involved so that could be something to ask them about.

Great information ROCKMAN. Thanks to you & your wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

try adverts.ie for a second hand bike also.

you could also do the bus for a few days and see is anyone on your shift going the same way who is driving and see can they give you a lift and throw them a few quid for petrol at the end of the week..surely someone will be passing that way masterboy.

good luck with the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Masterboy have you started living in Waterford yet? If you are maybe take a few trips on the bus services and you'll soon get your bearings.

I've heard from many that the Kenneally's bus can be unreliable. Don't use the bus so I wouldn't know myself.

There's a Bus Eireann bus that goes to the hospital but that doesn't pick up by your apartment, you'll have to walk about 5-10mins to the Mall or Waterford College of Further Education on Parnell Street to catch that bus.

As others suggested consider buying a bike and cycling to work. Just remember your helmet, lights and hi-vis. You don't want to be knocked down because you can't be seen and end up back in hospital when your shift is over :)

I just rented an apartment there and going to live there after 2-3 days.

Yes, I saw the yellow coloured building of Waterford college of Further education, i think it's 7-8 min walk from my apartment. Is there monthly bus pass for Bus Eireann?

I discussed the cycle option with my friends, but they are saying since I have never used cycle here, I may end up back to the hospital after the shift :P:pac:
    So, walking or the bus is the only option available now. :o
    wendydoll wrote: »
    Masterboy have you started living in Waterford yet? If you are maybe take a few trips on the bus services and you'll soon get your bearings.

I've heard from many that the Kenneally's bus can be unreliable. Don't use the bus so I wouldn't know myself.

There's a Bus Eireann bus that goes to the hospital but that doesn't pick up by your apartment, you'll have to walk about 5-10mins to the Mall or Waterford College of Further Education on Parnell Street to catch that bus.

As others suggested consider buying a bike and cycling to work. Just remember your helmet, lights and hi-vis. You don't want to be knocked down because you can't be seen and end up back in hospital when your shift is over :)

on bus eireann
    http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=331#Waterford

16.50 WEEKLY ...55 MONTHY

Great,
    any idea if CIÉ Photo ID Card from Dublin Bus is valid in Waterford, for the monthly ticket?
    ROCKMAN wrote: »
    on bus eireann
    http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=331#Waterford

16.50 WEEKLY ...55 MONTHY

• Advertisement

Great,
    any idea if CIÉ Photo ID Card from Dublin Bus is valid in Waterford, for the monthly ticket?

Would not have a clue...But I'm sure a more informed Deise poster will be along shorty....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

There is a cycle lane for the majority of the route from the park to the hospital but you'd need your wits about you. The road is one of the busiest in the city. Personally wouldn't fancy cycling it after a long shift.

Yeah the Waterford College of Further Education (WCFE) is less than 10 mins walk from your apartment.

I'm sure after a few days in work you'll find someone passing your apartment that will be able to pick you up or drop you home after work

Great,

you can even buy a weekly ticket on the keannellys bus too, saving on money also.

I emailed keannellys bus service. They told me they have weekly ticket and the bus goes from opposite to people parks.
    Can you please show me on Google maps where exactly is this bus stop?

Thank you
    madfcuker wrote: »
    you can even buy a weekly ticket on the keannellys bus too, saving on money also.

I emailed keannellys bus service. They told me they have weekly ticket and the bus goes from opposite to people parks.
    Can you please show me on Google maps where exactly is this bus stop?

Thank you

Hopefully this link will work for you.

https://maps.google.ie/maps?saddr=52.256305,-7.102169&hl=en&sll=52.256252,-7.102994&sspn=0.003678,0.009645&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=17&t=m&z=17

I can see round circle on the map, is that the location of bus stop?
    Next to Maxol and near Domino's Pizza waterford?

I can see round circle on the map, is that the location of bus stop?
    Next to Maxol and near Domino's Pizza waterford?

Yeah, once you walk past the petrol station you have Trotters Independent Trading(think thats the name of the place) and the bus stop is just above that. There is a bus shelter there also.

I think its somewhere here right? Cant see bus shelter as the images on google maps are a few years old...
    https://www.google.ie/maps/preview#!q=home&data=!1m8!1m3!1d3!2d-7.102226!3d52.256171!2m2!1f173.75!2f70.39!4f90!2m9!1e1!2m4!1sqYKYAjbXoWwNCTW2EnliQQ!2e0!9m1!6sNewtown+Road!5m2!1sqYKYAjbXoWwNCTW2EnliQQ!2e0!4m15!2m14!1m13!1s0x4842c6977f198b25%3A0xb9c9deb0f9117e2b!3m8!1m3!1d1962!2d-7.1023517!3d52.2572455!3m2!1i1366!2i617!4f13.1!4m2!3d52.2572455!4d-7.1023517&fid=5
    Yeah, once you walk past the petrol station you have Trotters Independent Trading(think thats the name of the place) and the bus stop is just above that. There is a bus shelter there also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Welcome to Waterford masterboy!

Yes, your options are the Kenneally's bus, cycling, and walking. Personally I'd walk when it's dry and take the bus when it's raining.

The walk is quite nice and should only take about 20 minutes, unless you've got issues with mobility for example. I live out that way and there are always people walking that road - presumably a lot of them going to and from the hospital.

Advertisement