Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel's Agent Carter

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭flazio

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

This is released on DVD here tomorrow, worth a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,045 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

den87 wrote: »
    This is released on DVD here tomorrow, worth a look?

Certainly, imo.

It is a short run of episodes, which means the story arc is quite focused and it moves along at a good pace.

Of the comic tv shows at the moment, it would be a favourite of mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

The premiere of season two of Agent Carter has been moved by two weeks from January 5th to January 19th.

This was done because the State of the Union address is scheduled to be shown on the 12th and would have been opposite episode two of Agent Carter. So rather than lose the ratings for a week or reschedule one episode and risk viewers forgetting to come back, they moved the start of it by two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,299 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 2 back with a double episode :)

"He's the devil in pink"

I really think this show might be the best thing in the whole MCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Loved both episodes. Great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

Delighted it's back. It's a really great show. Miles ahead of Agents of SHIELD IMHO. I could never go back to SHIELD after watching Agent Carter. It's a pity it's a short run but I guess that's probably a better thing overall as it keeps the show more focused and tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭A-Train

Two good episodes to start the new series off.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Pity the americans didnt think so. Started low in the ratings. Enjoy this season, I dont see a 3rd happening unless it really picks up.

It had terrible ratings last season and most people put money on it being cancelled as well the thing with this show and AoS is Disney own ABC and the MCU and can keep it on if they want even as a ratings loser if they want to use it as part of the greater MCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

It had terrible ratings last season and most people put money on it being cancelled as well the thing with this show and AoS is Disney own ABC and the MCU and can keep it on if they want even as a ratings loser if they want to use it as part of the greater MCU.
    Its ratings are even worse than last year, though. Nearly a million viewers less than last season's finale, and down nearly half a ratings point in the 18-49 demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

how did the cop man
    get icy?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Good episode, I thought. Slowed things down a bit, but story is developing well, and great to have Stark back. He, Peggy & Jarvis work off each other brilliantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The breast episode yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

With the finale coming next week, I presume, I have to say I've loved this season.

Probably the most poignant scenes in all of the MCU on display in episodes 7, 8 and 9.

Jarvis has been great this season and his Mrs is just delightful.

It's really not doing well on the ratings front so I'd imagine that this will be it, but if I had to keep this or SHIELD I'd have little hesitation about going for Agent Carter (only Fitz would give me pause).

It is a great show and I really hope it comes back for a third season. The dream sequence in episode 9 was great and I am impressed by the visual effects work there are a lot of very good looking effects for such a low budget show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

cancelled :/ second season was a bit of a struggle to get through

That sucks balls

• Advertisement

That's a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Ah that's a shame. Well on Par with Agents of Shield , the flash etc.Id actually prefer this over the new show with Bobbby and Hunter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Ah that's a shame. Well on Par with Agents of Shield , the flash etc.Id actually prefer this over the new show with Bobbby and Hunter.

That didn't get picked up either... Which is probably for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The last season of Agent Carter was okay and had its moments, but overall it felt very flat. I'm not that fussed about it ending, though if I recall it ended on a bit of a cliffhanger. Maybe Agents of Shield will have an episode relating to what happened after AC season 2, maybe even a flashback or two just to finish it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

The new head boss man of ABC prefer's the old standard of self contained episodes as its easier to sell than series long stories so its not surprise that Agent Carter didn't get renewed

Hayley Atwell while promoting her new show for ABC has said talks have taken place with ABC about doing an Agent Carter special.

I'd love if they did a tv movie series one a year would do Atwell loves the character so I could see her wanting to play Peggy for years to come.

Advertisement