Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel's Agent Carter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

not very clever thieves staying at the end of an escape route

• Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Really like Sousa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Really like Sousa

He, and the actor who plays him, are awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Ha nice cameo of Stan lee.Great to see Dominic Cooper back for an episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

For me that was the best episode yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,300 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Major spoiler on Dottie
    is a Black Widow but not one from comic cannon

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

He, and the actor who plays him, are awesome!

The only problem is, when you have an actor of Gjokaj's ability playing a lovely spy you are just constantly waiting for him to be
    a double agent, then a triple agent and maybe then a quadruple agent. All with distinct personality traits that make you forget you are watching the same man.
    * Why else cast a man with that level of acting skill in this type of show. The same is true of Fonseca to a certain degree, she's a big enough name at this point that from the first episode you know it's unlikely that she's just the sweet, slightly comedic buddy.

*Not a spoiler just speculation but thought I'd er on the safe side for those not familiar with Victor.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That episode was a bit off for me. Bridget Regan just about rescued it at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Really good episode this week with the soviets firmly coming into the story. The gun battles were shot ok but I just enjoying watching a Marvel storyline not set in the present day. Bridget Regan/Dottie creepy again this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Agent Thompson is like Barry from Archer, crazy to see John Glover doing a cameo, loved him as Lex Luthors dad in Smallville.

• Advertisement

Did Peggy just cost the life of one of the agents by not allowing Duggan throw the grenade after the girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

Did Peggy just cost the life of one of the agents by not allowing Duggan throw the grenade after the girl?

hadnt she already shot him before escaping down the shoot Dugan was gonna throw the grenade down?

connollys wrote: »
    hadnt she already shot him before escaping down the shoot Dugan was gonna throw the grenade down?

she reappears at the end to shoot at them, killing one and wounding another. Well I am assuming it was her coming out of a vent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Wasn't see the one that was killed by Dottie as kid in the flash lack at the start?

Huge Swoon at Peggy kicking ass this week.

Amother great episode with a awesone cliffhanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

agent carter knocking spots off' agents of shield ' in my mind .but alas only 2 episodes left

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

This is a great show. Has easily become my favourite over the last few weeks. If cutting all the filler from a 20 episode season leaves you with a handful of episodes of Agent Carters quality then I hope more shows follow suit!

It's not doing stellar in the ratings though?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think I actually prefer this to shield. It's nice to have a tight arc for the season that just tells one story.

Shield is best consumed in blocs of more than one episode at a time.

Best episode yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

I agree tompletely. I'ts a much tighter show than SHIELD and whereas I started out thinking "Shíte, no SHIELD for the next few months. Let's see how this Agent Carter malarkey fares", I'm now thinking SHIELD can fock right off. I could care less if it ever came back. Agent Carter is a far stronger show. SHIELD just seems so all over the place compared to Carter. Having a smaller core group with just Carter and Jarvis is far better than the rent a crowd the SHIELD team is becoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I knew I knew Jarvis. He played the criminal in :Lets Be Cops. Huge range from him

squonk wrote: »
    I agree tompletely. I'ts a much tighter show than SHIELD and whereas I started out thinking "Shíte, no SHIELD for the next few months. Let's see how this Agent Carter malarkey fares", I'm now thinking SHIELD can fock right off. I could care less if it ever came back. Agent Carter is a far stronger show. SHIELD just seems so all over the place compared to Carter. Having a smaller core group with just Carter and Jarvis is far better than the rent a crowd the SHIELD team is becoming.

Agent Carter has benefit of being a standalone sereis outside the MCU's main timeline which helps it alot. It also has Hayley Atwell.

AoS is growing and playing a bigger part in the MCU in gerenal now I think it will be the link between the the Netlfix shows and the films over the next few years would be my guess so keeping the show about the core group will be harder to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Agent Carter has benefit of being a standalone sereis outside the MCU's main timeline which helps it alot. It also has Hayley Atwell.

AoS is growing and playing a bigger part in the MCU in gerenal now I think it will be the link between the the Netlfix shows and the films over the next few years would be my guess so keeping the show about the core group will be harder to do.
    This.

Marvel's Agent Carter added to Netflix Sweden added weekly.

miralize wrote: »
    I knew I knew Jarvis. He played the criminal in :Lets Be Cops. Huge range from him

And in Broadchurch at the minute

What a great cameo at the end to link the MCU even more.

This was the perfect mini series for me. I really do hope it gets another series maybe not next yerar but in a couple of years time before the Infinity Wars movies.

Althought saying that the more Hayley Atwell in the MCU the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

great ep, great series, though i do think peggy is too perfect, too kickass, where did she learn to do that? she does get dupped by stark into working against her agency which is a flaw but she was right all along, and i never bought the romance between her and captain america, in the original film they hardly spent any time on screen together, it was the weakest part of the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

Sorry to see this show go. I thought it was a pretty strong show. I wasn't convinced earlier on but it really grew on me. I'd love to see another mini series again over the Summer perhaps. It'd be great if they did 2 8 week runs during the year which were separate arcs in themselves. I don't really think a Suits mini season and continuation mini season setup would suit really.

If there's one thing that kind of grated on me it was the Marvel sepia-sotf focus interpretation of the 40's but I can live with that.

Gutted SHIELD is back next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

great ep, great series, though i do think peggy is too perfect, too kickass, she does get dupped by stark into working against her agency which is flaw but she was right all along, and i nver bought the romance between her and captain america, in the original film they hardly spent any time on screen together, it was the weakest part of the film.

She cried a lot, which looks like vulnerability, but it's really just crying.

Advertisement