Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It was a bit of a flying visit in that I got there late Friday and left early Sunday. I went around the cathedral, ate currywurst, did the catacombs, ate bratwurst, walked around the Xmas markets, more currywurst.
    Nice place alright. Very German look about it.
    Footie and beer were class

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Knex. wrote: »
    I've two albums on repeat today that are helping me ease back into it.

Black Sands - Bonobo
    Bon Iver - 22, A Million

I can't tell you how much they help.

Wasn't taken by Bon Ivers latest stuff but must give the album a proper listen through. Bonobo though - classic

Bob Dylan helped myself! :D
    Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Good. Was in Vienna for Ireland v Austria. A succesful weekend all in all.
    Probably drank slightly more than a normal weekend

Forgot Ireland were even playing til I got a taxi to town, got some look off the driver after my open ignorance! Hope you'd a good laugh

Re: Austria, really want to go, heard similar to Knex from somebody who went on a roadtrip through Europe that Vienna was the gem they didn't expect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

D'Agger wrote: »
    How were the weekends folks?

Had an exam Saturday.

Went for dinner with burd yesterday then went to see Romesh Ranganathan in The Olympia.

Best standup I've ever seen, absolutely brilliant show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Vienna, Austria altogether, is fking amazing. I was there last year, it was the last stop of a road trip. I had a cracking time (you don't climb up a fence of an imperial palace everyday haha)
    And lots of beers.

Weekend was quiet, saving myself for this weekend, I'll be heading stateside. Interesting times to go to the US...
    I just hope bars in Chicago have re stocked their beer after Ireland won there :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

It was my first weekend in two months I didnt have assignments. So I sat down played Playstation, argued with my 6 month old about holding the control, lost said argument, gave her the broken ps4 control, played more playstation. Then sat down to a glorious evening of Irish sports, played more playstation
    6am McGregor fight :cool:
    Sunday I played playstation, it was a good weekend :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭8mv

Had an exam Saturday.

Went for dinner with burd yesterday then went to see Romesh Ranganathan in The Olympia.

Best standup I've ever seen, absolutely brilliant show.

Not a regular poster, just passing through folks.
    Have to agree with you about Romesh - great gig.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Currently making a comedown playlist on Spotify for myself, lashings of Bob Dylan in it, was up til 9am with the McGregor fight, 100% worth it though, great card

Was on a lads weekend in the West, lots of drinking, watching Rugby and footie in the pub, good food and playing cards until the early hours. Been a bit wrecked all week since, but totally worth it. Being in a house with wife and two daughters, it is a great sanity check to get away from the wimmin folk for a bit, even though I love them to bits. Watched the McGregor fight Wednesday, cracking fight and great rant afterwards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Anyone ever played werewolf?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

The card game?

Never even heard of it PR

Everybody watching Planet Earth & Westworld currently?

You couldn't pay me enough to be a cameraman in the BBC for their wildlife stuff - must take them forever to find stuff, and you're in a location that something could pop out of nowhere and rip your head off / give you a nibble and you're dead

• Advertisement

The card game?

There is a new forum here that is doing games. Looks like a bit of fun so I signed up.
    There are free spots if anyone wants to be super nerdy.

I am none the wiser after reading a couple of threads on there. I have no idea what that is about.

Werewolf is a card game where there are two or three teams, everyone gets a role and tries to figure out who the Werewolves are.

Werewolf is a card game where there are two or three teams, everyone gets a role and tries to figure out who the Werewolves are.

Yeah that is it but it is transferred to an online format. Not 100% on the ins and outs but you essentially try to throw suspicion away from yourself while trying to figure out who is who. There is a lynching every evening by the villagers and a werewolf kill every night with other nuances which I don't really understand :)

I am none the wiser after reading a couple of threads on there. I have no idea what that is about.

Playing dumb eh? Classic Werewolf behaviour
    Yeah that is it but it is transferred to an online format. Not 100% on the ins and outs but you essentially try to throw suspicion away from yourself while trying to figure out who is who. There is a lynching every evening by the villagers and a werewolf kill every night with other nuances which I don't really understand :)

Could there be a situation where the villagers lynch a wolf, only to find out they've lynched a genuine villager. Extra shame points for that.

I'm not making light of the game btw seems interesting but never know how they function / originally get going without being heavily driven.

:D

Oh I see. Sounds fun but I don't think I'd be reliable enough to check in regularly.

Could there be a situation where the villagers lynch a wolf, only to find out they've lynched a genuine villager. Extra shame points for that.

I'm not making light of the game btw seems interesting but never know how they function / originally get going without being heavily driven.

Villagers seem to be lynched regularly enough :)
    There are extra nuances that are different in each game.

It wouldn't be realistic without cruel injustice :)

How's everybody as we head for December then? Christmas shopping to get knocked out of the park next week while the wages are in.

Oh....other big news from a Gentlemens POV - Bought my first bottle of Creed aftershave the other day. Green Irish Tweed, got a 75ml bottle so hoping it'll last ages, only going to wear it when attempting to make an impression....which is rarely :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Misread and thought you said you bought your first kettle. :o

Misread and thought you said you bought your first kettle. :o
    No that monumental purchase happened a few years back - went for a see through one and it still entertains me

All.The.Bubbles.

• Advertisement

went for a see through one and it still entertains me

All.The.Bubbles.

Do you have a TV?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,600 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

On the way back from the flicks there, there was a broken bottle all over the floor of the bus. Shard of glass inches long sticking up from the floor. I'd no idea 'til I sat down but it could have went through my foot.

I hate London.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

On the way back from the flicks there, .
    Wizard movie?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,600 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Wizard movie?

Allied.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Allied.

Any good?

mzungu wrote: »
    Any good?

Decent enough. A bit underwhelming. I thought Doctor Strange was a lot better.

H. H. Asquith

Do you have a TV?

I do yeah, I make tea before I use it for Chromecasting stuff :)

Tonight is the night.
    Sopranos season 1 episode 1.
    Expectations are high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Tonight is the night.
    Sopranos season 1 episode 1.
    Expectations are high.

Im very, very jealous tbh.

• Advertisement

3% on netflix seems like a good show after watching the first 2 episodes.

Advertisement