Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

cferry3 wrote: »
    My mocks start on the 27th so I doubt anyone will have sat one by then!

Some schools are starting at that time though or during that week. I start later that week. So you will get hints for some towards the middle of the week I'd say if people are kind enough to post anything. For instance I might have Irish first but you mightn't have it until later in the week and then I could give hints or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 legend12

When are you guys having your Spanish aurals mine are in few weeks and I've nothing ready!! How do you study for an aural?? Any help would be much appreciated:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

cferry3 wrote: »
    When will anyone have 'spoilers' up? I've just realised how screwed I am for these mocks!
    Soooooo ... and I know this is an off-the-wall suggestion ... start doing a bit of study rather than wasting time looking for spoilers? ;)

The mocks themselves may not be particularly important, but the study you do now will stand to you in the long run ... as well as sparing your blushes when you get your mock results back.

I often think that if people spent the time they spend scanning the 'net looking for spoilers actually doing some study, they would probably do better overall.

And there will be no "spoilers" for the LC. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

Mine is the 6th February to the 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Soooooo ... and I know this is an off-the-wall suggestion ... start doing a bit of study rather than wasting time looking for spoilers? ;)

The mocks themselves may not be particularly important, but the study you do now will stand to you in the long run ... as well as sparing your blushes when you get your mock results back.

I often think that if people spent the time they spend scanning the 'net looking for spoilers actually doing some study, they would probably do better overall.

And there will be no "spoilers" for the LC. ;)
    I thought the whole point of the mocks was to assess one's own ability! It's fairly silly really, I hope to avoid spoilers, even hints from teachers are a nuisance (if well intentioned of course!).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Devil's advocate here...but I looked up my geography mock, studied loads, then in the real thing the exact same question came up and I got 30/30 on the two physical long questions, which wouldn't have had a hope of happening had I not rote-learned them so well for the mocks! Just saying. :P As long as you don't look up all of them though, especially things like HL maths if you're on the brink of failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Canard wrote: »
    Devil's advocate here...but I looked up my geography mock, studied loads, then in the real thing the exact same question came up and I got 30/30 on the two physical long questions, which wouldn't have had a hope of happening had I not rote-learned them so well for the mocks! Just saying. :P As long as you don't look up all of them though, especially things like HL maths if you're on the brink of failing.

But that was just a fluke. The mocks are set by private companies not by the SEC. So if the same question came up happy days. It won't always work out like that.

I got a hint off an Irish grind teacher for the Aiste - Ardleibheál. For the two main pre-LC companies i.e. DEB and Examcraft
    Na Meain Soisialta (social media) for one and An t-idirlíon (internet) for the other.
    She didn't specify which company was which but told us what to write and they're pretty much the same essay
    She also said An Ghaeilge mar theanga was coming up as an Aiste on one but that's not really helpful as you don't know what company at all but thought I'd tell ye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Flickka

Ours run from 3rd to 14th of February. They're putting the minority subjects on first and the main ones on last though to give us more time to prepare.
    My Irish grind's teacher orders the mocks for himself so I've already seen both the papers :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Flickka wrote: »
    My Irish grind's teacher orders the mocks for himself so I've already seen both the papers :)

Good 'teaching' there from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I got a hint off an Irish grind teacher for the Aiste - Ardleibheál. For the two main pre-LC companies i.e. DEB and Examcraft
    Na Meain Soisialta (social media) for one and An t-idirlíon (internet) for the other.
    She didn't specify which company was which but told us what to write and they're pretty much the same essay
    She also said An Ghaeilge mar theanga was coming up as an Aiste on one but that's not really helpful as you don't know what company at all but thought I'd tell ye

Well, we have done nothing on either of the first two topics from the two main companies....praying its not them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭niallharty

Well, we have done nothing on either of the first two topics from the two main companies....praying its not them :(

There are five essays to choose from so I'm sure your teacher's covered one of them

Flickka wrote: »
    Ours run from 3rd to 14th of February. They're putting the minority subjects on first and the main ones on last though to give us more time to prepare.

You must have some hints if you have then. Why don't you share some spoilers?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

MOCKS THREAD HERE.

Please read first post!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement